2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

Went for my 1k servicing at changi rd this morning. The experience is a good one! Did the booking through phone last sat and the helpful and courteous Mr Fong gave me a booking on Monday morning. I use my house phone to call and was surprised to receive a reminder via my smartphone yesterday. The servicing took abt 2hrs inclusive of a car wash. The car wash is decent. The supervisor, Mr David Lam is friendly and helpful guy as well. If there is any negativity to talk abt then the centre is not as atas as other service centre. 

• Praise 2

Went for my 1k servicing at changi rd this morning. The experience is a good one! Did the booking through phone last sat and the helpful and courteous Mr Fong gave me a booking on Monday morning. I use my house phone to call and was surprised to receive a reminder via my smartphone yesterday. The servicing took abt 2hrs inclusive of a car wash. The car wash is decent. The supervisor, Mr David Lam is friendly and helpful guy as well. If there is any negativity to talk abt then the centre is not as atas as other service centre.

Going for my 1k servicing soon. How much cost for the servicing..

I saw the vouchers only indicate labour.

• Praise 1

Cheaper to buy your own engine oil from carousell and bring it down. Less than $50 for a decent 4l engine oil.

Can get below 40 bucks too.

• Praise 1

Hello all, I just bought an Avante.  :D

Read an article on it (link below from Hyundai's own website) which the author wrote:

Quote "Its only drawback is a higher-than-expected fuel consumption of close to 12 litres for 100km - much higher than its stated 6.7 litres for 100km." Unquote. 

https://www.hyundai.com/sg/assets/UploadImage/News/upload_img_url/ST%20Avante%20Elite%20-%2020190221034255.jpg

12L per 100km (or 8ish km/ Litre) seems very high fuel consumption for its category at this age.  Is that the typical fuel efficiency for Avante in Singapore? 

What are your experience w.r.t. its fuel efficiency? 

• Praise 1

Cheaper to buy your own engine oil from carousell and bring it down. Less than $50 for a decent 4l engine oil.

Can get below 40 bucks too.

Thanks. Will do that. So confirm no free oil change right haha.

Going giant buy.

Hello all, I just bought an Avante. :D

Read an article on it (link below from Hyundai's own website) which the author wrote:

Quote "Its only drawback is a higher-than-expected fuel consumption of close to 12 litres for 100km - much higher than its stated 6.7 litres for 100km." Unquote.

https://www.hyundai.com/sg/assets/UploadImage/News/upload_img_url/ST%20Avante%20Elite%20-%2020190221034255.jpg

12L per 100km (or 8ish km/ Litre) seems very high fuel consumption for its category at this age. Is that the typical fuel efficiency for Avante in Singapore?

If everyday travel highway, mine around 13.5km/L.

Mix of congested roads and highway, 70:30 ratio 12.4km/L

12L per 100km (or 8ish km/ Litre) seems very high fuel consumption for its category at this age. Is that the typical fuel efficiency for Avante in Singapore?

Cos car journalists always drive like they're an F1 racer cos they think they have push the car to the limits to write a good review... whereas 99% of car review readers never get anywhere near those limits that they write about... what's worse is that they don't write about how they drive and then say the fuel consumption can't compare to whichever premium badge they prefer... so relax... the car writer probably stepped on the gas in city driving to get such poor fuel consumption... if you drive sensibly, aka driving within speeds limits, you'll find the fuel consumption competitive with other similar cars...

That Chris also wrote the same thing for Suzuki which was rated 5.7l/100km. But he says when he drives its easily double thy fc.

That Chris also wrote the same thing for Suzuki which was rated 5.7l/100km. But he says when he drives its easily double thy fc.

That's why I seldom read his car reviews... they're useless... trying to be critical but at the same time having his hands tied so that they get invited to the next car review opportunity... results in a review that is neither here nor there...

That's why I seldom read his car reviews... they're useless... trying to be critical but at the same time having his hands tied so that they get invited to the next car review opportunity... results in a review that is neither here nor there...

He only writes good reviews for toyota and continental Marque

Frankly speaking Hyundai avante is oil Monster. My consumption range is 9.5 litre per 100km to 8.2 litre per 100km.

Frankly speaking Hyundai avante is oil Monster. My consumption range is 9.5 litre per 100km to 8.2 litre per 100km.

try using Cruise control whenever you can. It helped me with my consumption.

Hello all, I just bought an Avante.  :D

12L per 100km (or 8ish km/ Litre) seems very high fuel consumption for its category at this age.  Is that the typical fuel efficiency for Avante in Singapore? 

Since you already brought,dont think too much on FC.

Is already too late if you regret.lol....

Just enjoy your brand new car,wouldnt it be better?

Some car you need to drive gently to get good FC.

Some car even if you drive abit aggressively still able to get good FC.

Mine is free, 7 years servicing. Bought during pre launch!

↡ Advertisement