2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

Frankly speaking Hyundai avante is oil Monster. My consumption range is 9.5 litre per 100km to 8.2 litre per 100km.

Quite normal for korean car.. it can range from 10km/l to 14km/l. Alot depends on ur driving pattern, routes, etc..
↡ Advertisement

my friend is driving pre-generation Elantra, he experienced underpowered while driving at NSHW especially above 130km/h overtaking and change lane, can anyone advise any improvement of new Avante  

Does our car comes with alarm. How to check?

Going malaysia soon. Already prepare wheel lock and gps tracker just want to make sure got alarm sound.

Your SE never demo your car alam & how to silent the alarm when you collect your car? I am surprised with your question. Edited by Cypress
  • Praise 1

Your SE never demo your car alam & how to silent the alarm when you collect your car? I am surprised with your question.

Never thats y im asking. Can you share how.
  • Praise 1

my friend is driving pre-generation Elantra, he experienced underpowered while driving at NSHW especially above 130km/h overtaking and change lane, can anyone advise any improvement of new Avante

Change to sports mode. Or even better manual mode.

Never thats y im asking. Can you share how.

Wind down your driver window & lock the car. Use your hand to unlock the car inside. Your car’s alarm will activate. Press any button from your remote key will stop the alarm.

Your SE bullied you. There is a thread of how to be alert driving to Malaysia thread. Anyway put all the bags under the seats to avoid theft attraction. The theft knew your car number is new, so take pre caution.

• Praise 1

Wind down your driver window & lock the car. Use your hand to unlock the car inside. Your carâs alarm will activate. Press any button from your remote key will stop the alarm.

Your SE bullied you. There is a thread of how to be alert driving to Malaysia thread. Anyway put all the bags under the seats to avoid theft attraction. The theft knew your car number is new, so take pre caution.

Thanks bro. Got it.

Thanks bro. Got it.

Actually don't really need to worry. If they want to steal the car, they're aiming for expensive Contis like BMW and Mercedes-Benz, otherwise it's their favourite Toyotas and Hondas.

Like Mazda, Hyundai has absolutely pathetic resale value in Boleh-land, and is probably not worth the effort to steal and then sell on second-hand market.

• Praise 1

Actually don't really need to worry. If they want to steal the car, they're aiming for expensive Contis like BMW and Mercedes-Benz, otherwise it's their favourite Toyotas and Hondas.

Like Mazda, Hyundai has absolutely pathetic resale value in Boleh-land, and is probably not worth the effort to steal and then sell on second-hand market.

They can steal and use it as joy ride or to help them in crimes.

The five most stolen cars in Malaysia. I dont know how reliable  the data is.  

And everyday there are 60 cars got stolen in the boleh  land. 

https://www.gobear.com/my/blog/5-most-stolen-cars-in-malaysia

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

They can steal and use it as joy ride or to help them in crimes.

True that.

Which is why the presence of the steering wheel lock, amongst other things, is an effective deterrent.

If I were a car thief, would I want to expend that amount of effort to overcome the added security, for the sake of something that doesn't have much resale value and whose spare parts aren't worth much?

Contrast this to a Mercedes-Benz or even a Perodua, where there are plenty of eager buyers and because of greater numbers on the road, have higher worth when it comes to spare parts.

Edited by DK3410
  • Praise 1

How much milage u guys get for full tank?

Mine 480 already fuel light up. On normal mode.

Is this normall ?

Yup, there about.

• Praise 1

Hello all, I just bought an Avante.  :D

Read an article on it (link below from Hyundai's own website) which the author wrote:

Quote "Its only drawback is a higher-than-expected fuel consumption of close to 12 litres for 100km - much higher than its stated 6.7 litres for 100km." Unquote. 

https://www.hyundai.com/sg/assets/UploadImage/News/upload_img_url/ST%20Avante%20Elite%20-%2020190221034255.jpg

12L per 100km (or 8ish km/ Litre) seems very high fuel consumption for its category at this age.  Is that the typical fuel efficiency for Avante in Singapore? 

What are your experience w.r.t. its fuel efficiency? 

Dont worry, if you drive the car like a normal 4 door sedan, it should not give you that kind of FC. Should be able to get about 11-12km/l on a 70 city, 30 highway driving pattern. If you do more highways, should be better.

I must say, the FC for this car is not great, but not as bad as what the reviewer say (he has quite a few reviews which highlights the same observation thus i suspect is the way he test the car).

Edited by Ahtea

Agree for the expensive car part. But they will steal to sell the parts.

Thats what they do to sg motorcycle. Back then cb400 is the hottest. The buyer is also from singapore :).

• Praise 1

my friend is driving pre-generation Elantra, he experienced underpowered while driving at NSHW especially above 130km/h overtaking and change lane, can anyone advise any improvement of new Avante

Step the accelerator harder? This is a family sedan not sports car.

It's always the mpvs like Honda stream/wish that get wrecked. B&b cars like Honda city/jazz, Toyota altis/vios are the most targeted ones due to popularity and the demand for its parts. That includes their all time favorite such as myvi/bezza as well.

There is not much demand for conti cars over in msia but there is definitely demand to smash their windows and steal whatever that's in the car instead.

Edited by walkofwinners
  • Praise 1

Interesting they actually steal Peugeot cars, thought they always target mpvs like stream/wish

I shall not steal this Hyundai thread to talk about other brands but just one more note, Peugeot is popular in the boleh land because they have assembly plant there, it explains why there are so many Peugeot on their road.

PSA has setup more production lines there last year to produce cars for Asia region.

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement