2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

It's normal. My previous Nissan all 4 doors can open from inside even when it's lock and moving. Anyway it make sense also cause kids are supposed to sit behind. If someone wants to open the door in case of emergency in front the lock won't prevent you from "escaping".

Japanese makes use the child lock switch to prevent that from happening with children behind... for Hyundai, you can always still flip the lock switch... for my Dad's Renault, you have to press a switch on the front console...
↡ Advertisement

I think for Elantra and Avante there's the child lock flip for the rear pax doors.....so that even if the doors are in the unlocked position...one wouldnt be able to open the car door from the inside still

It's normal. My previous Nissan all 4 doors can open from inside even when it's lock and moving. Anyway it make sense also cause kids are supposed to sit behind. If someone wants to open the door in case of emergency in front the lock won't prevent you from "escaping".

If it is indeed true (I have not tried myself) that doors can be opened from the inside even while locked, then what is with the Gojek Autolock incident?  [:p]

The current generation of CVTs found on Honda models such as the Jazz and the HR-V is like what you have described.

The new IVT uses a chain, similar to Subaru's CVT, instead of a belt.  The rubber band effect from what has been reviewed so far has eliminated this effect.  Up shift feel it seems is much improved due to a "stepped" system simulating actual gear ratios.  But I have not driven one, so looking forward to driving one soon. 

But if you read the Forester and Impreza threads, I think there's still that lag effect regardless of using a rubber belt or steel belt... I know Subaru made some impressive videos promoting their metallic CVT belt, but ultimately CVTs can't escape from the time lag since it takes time for the belt to move up or down the cone to speed up...

But if you read the Forester and Impreza threads, I think there's still that lag effect regardless of using a rubber belt or steel belt... I know Subaru made some impressive videos promoting their metallic CVT belt, but ultimately CVTs can't escape from the time lag since it takes time for the belt to move up or down the cone to speed up...

I think he not 100% understand the rubber band effect...

need to drive and own one to understand

There’s a Hyundai roadshow at B1 Jewel if anyone is interested.

The S model is going for $78,999. SE also said though it’s non-guaranteed, they will get the COE eventually.

If it is indeed true (I have not tried myself) that doors can be opened from the inside even while locked, then what is with the Gojek Autolock incident? [:p]

That one is Honda.

Thereâs a Hyundai roadshow at B1 Jewel if anyone is interested.

The S model is going for $78,999. SE also said though itâs non-guaranteed, they will get the COE eventually.

The cheapest for S model was $70,999 which some brothers got it in the last July bidding.

Based on sgcarmart, the total basic car cost for S model is $60,110 with a $26+k coe.

With full blown recession coming, it's hard to see people buying for $78,999

• Praise 1

The cheapest for S model was $70,999 which some brothers got it in the last July bidding.

Based on sgcarmart, the total basic car cost for S model is $60,110 with a $26+k coe.

With full blown recession coming, it's hard to see people buying for $78,999

$79k for S still consider ex?

$79k for S still consider ex?

The basic car cost of S including $26+k coe as stated on sgcarmart is $60k with people who got theirs at $70.9k.

Then what do you think for purchase at $79k?

Turbocharged

The basic car cost of S including $26+k coe as stated on sgcarmart is $60k with people who got theirs at $70.9k.

@Ivan_06 ,

Then which car is the most worth it to buy, @ lowest profit margin for the distributor?

I see. But think S model at $70k is very special price.

Turbocharged

Avante S at $70,999.

At current COE prices, possible, if a Perodua Kancil can outrun a Lamborghini Aventador at the century sprint.

I think he not 100% understand the rubber band effect...

need to drive and own one to understand

Yes, I have not driven an Avante with the new IVT.

Others I have driven a few.  We had a 2002 Honda Civic 1.5 with CVT and then after that 2005 Honda Jazz 1.3 with CVT.  After we replaced the Jazz with a Golf in 2009, we decided that we will NOT buy another Japanese car with a CVT.

The current CVTs from Honda all has that rubbish rubber band effect - RPM goes up but the freaking car does not move.

I am under the impression that the new IVT will overcome this irritating effect.

From what I understand, this is overcome by using steps ie simulating gear ratios and moving from ratios to ratios, instead of allowing the CVT to vary ratio continuously.

Let's check it out soon...... 

• Praise 1

The i30 deal today makes the Elantra look expensive..

68k for a turbocharged car with a better interior... MTL..

↡ Advertisement