2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

Actually it's a good thing for msia to rate hyundai lowly, at least when kimchi cars drive in, no one cares and won't be a target for theft cause no value. 

↡ Advertisement

17 hours ago, Alfc said:

If you had been following their car reviews and general local comments you see from the viewers in their youtube reviews, their perspective of Korean cars is even more primitive and backdated than our market. Some comments in today's context like poor reliability, build quality questionable etc are so obviously bias and off-tangent vs reality in the global market. Not helped by the fact that with such biasness, even the local agent seem like "give up" and just bring in a single mid-low spec not expecting to sell in volume.

The other interesting extreme you see is while all the praises and likes are on their local Protons and Peroduas which sells well locally, but funnily at the international stage, look who is doing better. Self-pawned?    

just because of bad reviews on respective personnel beloved ride, and get agitated, then he/she not deserved to drive on the road.

means he/she may easily get agitated of little little issue and act recklessly to other road users.. 

On 11/18/2020 at 12:08 AM, Vinceng said:

Very negative review in all aspects.

- Sub par standards
- Feels like 4 speed auto
- Jerky gear changes, a lot of shift shocks
- Feels like a 90s car 
- Ugly exterior
- Kia makes better cars

In Malaysia, Hyundai is considered an import car. Prices are higher than Honda/Toyota. 

I saw the car there at one of their roadshow. The trim is more like in between our S and Basic trim. Even things like battery and rims are locally fitted in Malaysia to lower the import cost.

Does KIA makes better cars? Maybe. But largely, both cars are identical with common parts and engine. The only difference is only probably how the car drives - that boils down to a little on how the car is being tuned. 

My 2 cents worth. 

Watched a few of this Bobby Ang's review of the Elantra... and the Avante (just preceding the CN7 Avante) as well as the Elantra Sport... in general I think he's critical cos he's a car reviewer... although he did have some good things to say about the Elantra / Avante, the one thing that stood out was that the chassis tuning as well as suspension was good... something that seemed at odds to what is usually being said internationally in reviews from US or Australia (I don't include Europe cos this car is not sold there)... but there are some good points he makes... so overall quite interesting to see different perspectives on what is basically the same car...

On 11/19/2020 at 10:35 PM, ferrytales said:

Actually it's a good thing for msia to rate hyundai lowly, at least when kimchi cars drive in, no one cares and won't be a target for theft cause no value. 

Agree 👍

On 11/21/2020 at 5:10 PM, Ahtea said:

In Malaysia, Hyundai is considered an import car. Prices are higher than Honda/Toyota. 

I saw the car there at one of their roadshow. The trim is more like in between our S and Basic trim. Even things like battery and rims are locally fitted in Malaysia to lower the import cost.

Does KIA makes better cars? Maybe. But largely, both cars are identical with common parts and engine. The only difference is only probably how the car drives - that boils down to a little on how the car is being tuned. 

My 2 cents worth. 

I think you touched on a valid point, most "imported" car (even for same brand and variant)  in MY is not exactly same as SG, because most of imported car is CPK 

https://www.carcentre.my/blog/ckd-vs-cbu-cars, this really make import car more attractive and affordable. 

Even big brand like BMW is bringing in 7 series in CPK form (which means it's assembled in MY) 

Neutral Newbie

Bros, 

I have a 2019 avante haven't do anything. Any advice on stuff to do that is worth it?

Im thinking of two things:

1. Speakers and/or sound system change. Is speakers change enough for decent sound quality?  The stock speakers sound like crap which is understandable. I rather they focus on the car performance.

2. Paint coating to lessen dirt sticking and easier to wash. Any good and long lasting coatings to recommend from experience? 

Just checking, any owner find the avante suspension too stiff? I mean for the rear suspension. Find it weird for such car to have such a firm suspension. Shouldn’t this car be comfort more than anything?

1 hour ago, Passion said:

Just checking, any owner find the avante suspension too stiff? I mean for the rear suspension. Find it weird for such car to have such a firm suspension. Shouldn’t this car be comfort more than anything?

I think is subjective. I find it still a bit soft still. 

3 hours ago, Passion said:

You say stiff? Others say soft leh... usually European makes have stiffer suspension... maybe what you mean is that the car goes over the road hump with a loud thud is it? So it sounds like the suspension is very stiff? If so, then no lar... the loud thump has to do with the dampening of the suspension lor... not so well damped for Hyundai cars I feel...

23 hours ago, Passion said:

I think the suspension is firm compared to most of everyday car (especially those Jap brand one). 

My definition of "firm suspension": the small hump/rock on the road is transferred to car fast (and clear that one may tell the size/ nature of the hump/rock), but it settles as soon as the car passes the hump

On 4/12/2021 at 10:15 AM, Passion said:

When I enter the car, it felt alot like going into the Civic (how low it was)... Are you comparing to other cars you test drove, or a car that you have been driving for some number of years already?

The new Avante is indeed very close to the Civic in terms of how low the car is.

1 hour ago, yellowshaun said:

When I enter the car, it felt alot like going into the Civic (how low it was)... Are you comparing to other cars you test drove, or a car that you have been driving for some number of years already?

17 hours ago, Passion said:

@teomingern not loud thud sound. Like bump not absorb. 

Bump not absorbed??? That would mean the car is bouncing up and down after passing over a hump? Unlikely lar... this means the shock absorbers are spoilt... perhaps you mean the suspension bottoms out and your car hits the suspension bumper? Not clear what you mean... usually for small cars, the car suspension is often described as crashy... that is the car undulates quite a bit so every time the car passes over some road imperfections as if the imperfection was so large... and usually we say the suspension is good when the car settles quickly or almost unobtrusively after passing over road imperfections... a lot depends on the type of shock absorbers & spring combination + tuning, and design of the suspension geometry & parts...

↡ Advertisement