2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

Neutral Newbie

I just got a 2019 Avante. I'm having problems using Android Auto on the head unit. I'm using a Google Pixel and Samsung phone.

KMC says they don't do firmware update for the head unit.

Does anyone face the same problem? May I know if you fixed it?

On 8/29/2021 at 5:20 PM, Sillyme said:

I just got a 2019 Avante. I'm having problems using Android Auto on the head unit. I'm using a Google Pixel and Samsung phone.

What sort of problem are you facing?

I requested for a firmware upgrade for the HU as well on my last service a few days back. Was told they usually dont do such upgrades unless customer request. However, they checked and told me my HU has the "latest" firmware - which is some code which resembles a date code in 2018. 

Anyone who has collected their ride in 2020 can share with us your HU firmware version number?

Thanks!

Neutral Newbie
9 hours ago, Ahtea said:

What sort of problem are you facing?

I requested for a firmware upgrade for the HU as well on my last service a few days back. Was told they usually dont do such upgrades unless customer request. However, they checked and told me my HU has the "latest" firmware - which is some code which resembles a date code in 2018. 

Anyone who has collected their ride in 2020 can share with us your HU firmware version number?

Thanks!

When I connect the phone, the HU will say, "Phone is not responding".

1 hour ago, Sillyme said:

I presume you are facing issues on both the Google Pixel and Samsung Galaxy phone.

Try to force stop the Android Auto app on your phone by going to the Apps Settings (different phones have different ways of accessing this), select force stop. After that, try to connect the cable to the phone again to see if the App auto starts. 

On the Samsung phone, the procedure should be: Settings > Apps. Find Android Auto and look for the "Force Stop" icon at the bottom of the screen. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi I'll be getting a used Avante soon (still within 5yrs). I'm thinking to request for the car to be send to KMC for a major servicing prior to handover. Is that suffice to detect any major issue from that servicing or a separate AA/VICOM evaluation is recommended? 

31 minutes ago, Mpeng said:

Hi I'll be getting a used Avante soon (still within 5yrs). I'm thinking to request for the car to be send to KMC for a major servicing prior to handover. Is that suffice to detect any major issue from that servicing or a separate AA/VICOM evaluation is recommended? 

I think more importantly is get a trustable mechanic to run through the car condition to check for possible parts which can be replaced under warranty.

Other than that, a servicing to ensure all fluids and brake pads are of good condition. 

AA/VICOM evaluation I believe only checks if the car has any major structural defects - this is strongly recommended too. 

Neutral Newbie

Did anyone know the denso spark plug for Avante19? Am thinking of getting the denso iridium tough... Anyone try that? 

Edited by Mpeng

On 8/29/2021 at 5:20 PM, Sillyme said:

On 8/31/2021 at 7:33 AM, Sillyme said:

I've tried a few things.

1. Clear data for Android Auto and a few other apps as recommend by Google.

2. Bought a new cable frol Google.

AA manage to work for most of the time but it gets disconnected randomly. I am wondering if it's the internal HU USB cable that is faulty. 

Does anyone have recommendations on where I can replace this cable?

On 9/18/2021 at 6:39 PM, Sillyme said:

I've tried a few things.

1. Clear data for Android Auto and a few other apps as recommend by Google.

2. Bought a new cable frol Google.

AA manage to work for most of the time but it gets disconnected randomly. I am wondering if it's the internal HU USB cable that is faulty. 

Does anyone have recommendations on where I can replace this cable?

Do you happen to have dual apps feature enabled?

I recently enabled Dual Apps on my Xiaomi phone as well and AA started failing - on the HU it shows Phone not responding. 

After i disabled dual apps, it seems to work again.

You might want to check and confirm.

Just sharing, my base model (collected in May 2019) battery just die and left me stranded outside (on Dec 31, 2021). So if your battery is >2.5years, watch up. 

Detail: 

1) My last service is May 2021, by Komoco service center, battery check is okay. Recommended next visit is late Nov 2021, but i delayed it a bit to Jan 4 2022 (as my mileage is like 5k only)

2) About 1-2 weeks before the battery die, I encountered one (only 1) incident of weak engine start, I know the my battery time is up but I'm prepared to change it in Jan service. 

3) On the fateful Dec 31, the battery fail after dinner @ my in-law place . I have to call on site battery replacement for support :( 

Sure this incident makes my in-law think Korean car is bad, but I know the car is innocent and still love it. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Question, have anyone changed tyre so far? Any suggestion (model/ price)

Komoco service center quoted me 195/65/R15 stock model SGD 120 each (before GST, include installation)

Edited by Z030005

On 1/4/2022 at 6:21 PM, Z030005 said:

Question, have anyone changed tyre so far? Any suggestion (model/ price)

Komoco service center quoted me 195/65/R15 stock model SGD 120 each (before GST, include installation)

Stock is Nexen right? If you like the tires, then just change lor... but I think can be cheaper outside... I use Soon Huat at Toh Guan cos I live near there... just took a few near my home from the Sgcarmart list and called for pricing... I went down when the pricing was right... I use Yokohama BluEarth-GT AE-51, size 235/45/18... I think $158.88 per tire. Price is good relative to Autobacs, Stamford Tyres, Komoco... etc... so just call and ask.. they'll quote you... usually you'll get lifetime rotation and nitrogen gas top up...

On 1/4/2022 at 5:53 PM, Z030005 said:

Just sharing, my base model (collected in May 2019) battery just die and left me stranded outside (on Dec 31, 2021). So if your battery is >2.5years, watch up. 

Detail: 

1) My last service is May 2021, by Komoco service center, battery check is okay. Recommended next visit is late Nov 2021, but i delayed it a bit to Jan 4 2022 (as my mileage is like 5k only)

2) About 1-2 weeks before the battery die, I encountered one (only 1) incident of weak engine start, I know the my battery time is up but I'm prepared to change it in Jan service. 

3) On the fateful Dec 31, the battery fail after dinner @ my in-law place . I have to call on site battery replacement for support 😞

Sure this incident makes my in-law think Korean car is bad, but I know the car is innocent and still love it. 

How much did KMC charge you for the battery replacement?

I think typically, batteries should last you about 2.5 to 3 years there about. So given the age of your car, experiencing a battery failure is quite ok.

I only had 1 bad experience with BOSCH battery. Within 1 year 2 mths, the battery was completely dead and without any weak engine start prior. 

Sometimes it’s the car cam draining the battery, especially those who continue to record after the engine is off and suppose to cut off at a certain voltage.

• Praise 1

On 1/8/2022 at 3:51 PM, Fcw75 said:

Sometimes it’s the car cam draining the battery, especially those who continue to record after the engine is off and suppose to cut off at a certain voltage.

This is a good point! 

But I use the original car DVR which doesn't record after engine shutdown. 

@Ahtea I didn't buy from Komoco as it's late. I chose Amaron (+65 8166 4455), a contact that I get from Google. 

Cost is SGD 190 (all inclusive), battery is upgraded from original 45Ah to 65Ah. 

Hi everyone,

Am driving the 2019 S model, just wondering if it is possible for me to upgrade my aircon to the climate control type used for the Elite model?
Can I just buy the Elite model's climate control unit and replace my current aircon unit?

↡ Advertisement