2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

Got it from another forum.

GLS stand for " Grand Luxury Sport."

Yeah but here it's referring to the most basic trim...  [laugh]

It is a acronym used very frequently by Hyundai since quite a long while back. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yeah but here it's referring to the most basic trim...  [laugh]

It is a acronym used very frequently by Hyundai since quite a long while back. 

GLS has been using on Hyundai cars very long liao. I still remember my friend Accent back in 2001 already called Accent GLS.

• Praise 1

Any idea whether typically, korean car will be launched in US or Singapore first?

I read an article say new elantra could be launched in US later this year. For India will be next year.

Usually launched in Korea first... but this time the Elantra was first unveiled in US... a bit unusual... after US (world's largest market for cars) then probably Asia... I half suspect Singapore won't be too high on the list cos of our outdated engines and small market size...

Hopefully KMC will bring in soon as their current sales seem to be hurt by the Cerato...

Confirmed will get affected de. Buyers usually will go for the latest car model.

The headlamp kills it for me, it's like they didn't put in much thought into it and simply designed a simple triangular shaped headlamp.

• Praise 1

More information on the 2019 Elantra (USA edition)

Press release: 33982-SafetyComesFirstintheRedesigned2019Elantra.pdf

Specifications (USA edition): 33956-2019ElantraSpecifications.pdf

Features (USA edition): 33955-2019ElantraFeatures.pdf

my guess is KMC will bring in SE, SEL, and either Value or Limited (not both).

US specs quite different from the rest of the world cos they have their own factory... just saying cos potential buyers may be disappointed if the specs don't match...

US specs quite different from the rest of the world cos they have their own factory... just saying cos potential buyers may be disappointed if the specs don't match...

I think engine will remain as current models (GLS). But the features (bsd, lca, etc) should be standard as per Hyundai.

Usually launched in Korea first... but this time the Elantra was first unveiled in US... a bit unusual... after US (world's largest market for cars) then probably Asia... I half suspect Singapore won't be too high on the list cos of our outdated engines and small market size...

We won't be the first...but I have absolute faith that we won't be the last.

Malaysia is always one of the last to get new models...they had just launched new Elantra late last year,while ours was launched in April 16.

Honestly,the new one looks worse to me, especially the rear,which I don't fancy,much unlike the Sonata

As per my SE, the facelift will launch in Jan/Feb 2019.

Glad to hear this news. But sad cos I expect to be launch at end of year.  Pray hard COE will not rise up by next year Jan/Feb

Edited by lemonchan983
  • Praise 1

Singapore Elantra was a special version with 1.6 engine compared to others..... it may take a while for the factory to come out with special version after the main 2.0 version...... 

In my opnion only... 

• Praise 1

Singapore Elantra was a special version with 1.6 engine compared to others..... it may take a while for the factory to come out with special version after the main 2.0 version...... 

In my opnion only... 

China, Russia, and certain parts of the world, they are getting the 1.6 engine as well.

Glad to hear this news. But sad cos I expect to be launch at end of year.  Pray hard COE will not rise up by next year Jan/Feb

Actually in Korea home ground, this facelifted Elantra has yet to be launched. So for us getting it early next year is considered rather fast. Just waiting for the specifications for our markets as we always get the low down model as far as safety (i.e. blind-spot detection, auto braking) and engine specs are concerned due to our OMV requirements...

China, Russia, and certain parts of the world, they are getting the 1.6 engine as well.

Actually in Korea home ground, this facelifted Elantra has yet to be launched. So for us getting it early next year is considered rather fast. Just waiting for the specifications for our markets as we always get the low down model as far as safety (i.e. blind-spot detection, auto braking) and engine specs are concerned due to our OMV requirements...

Ok this is new for me, i always tot only SG get the 1.6 version [drivingcar] due to the COE  class.....