2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

Cos you bought car at the peak then... so just have to bite the bullet to move into the trough...

If you need a car, you still have to buy it. I have. A colleague who bought his car at 100k coe.
↡ Advertisement

If you need a car, you still have to buy it. I have. A colleague who bought his car at 100k coe.

Some people buy second hand car to tide through the peak... or renew their COE for 5 years to do so... that's why we see so many old Avantes on the road... those are the cars that people kept to tide through the super high COE just 3 years ago...

By changing to avante, my depreciation is lowered by $1k per year for the total duration of 14 years for both accent and avante. From $8+k to $7+k depreciation per year.

Loss is subjective. I need a car for my family. Can't be grab everywhere, that's not practical and even more expensive..

And by upgrading, I have managed to siam the next coe peak 10 years later had I kept my accent.

ok la from accent to avante ain't exactly upgrading but true on the part of lowering your depreciation cause of the crazy high coe of your accent. 

• Praise 1

Lower depreciation? You never ask him how much he lose selling that accent?

ok la from accent to avante ain't exactly upgrading but true on the part of lowering your depreciation cause of the crazy high coe of your accent. 

(edited)

From accent to avante definitely is an upgrade. Speaking from ownership of both cars.

Edited by Club21z
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

still cheaper in the long term  la. your math is poor

(edited)

Yes it's an upgrade of 200cc. Nevertheless it's still an upgrade.

Ya u wanna include the length dimension , torque, hp ? Etc ? Talk cock. Edited by Club21z
  • Praise 1

I paid cash in both scenarios. So it's savings of $14k in all.

Hello troll.

still cheaper in the long term la. your math is poor

That Roger is a troll. Haha.

Hello troll.

Not a troll. Seeking answers to simple questions which will never be answered. Is it so hard to answer directly?

Twincharged

Hello troll.

ya.. troll.... and must use teaspoon to feed the troll.... using a tablespoon will choke it and more vomit will come... hahaha

• Praise 1

Do you guys have any recommendation for engine oil type and brand for the 1st 1000km servicing?

Bring your own oil there.  It's cheaper.  5w-20 or 30 according to the manual.

• Praise 1

My boot lever seems to have malfunctioned. Pull the lever can hear a click click sound but boot doesnt open.

Remote control boot button works.

Pressing on the H at the hyundai logo works 95percent of the time. Got a few instances where it didnt. Anyone knows of an easy fix for it?

• Praise 1

My boot lever seems to have malfunctioned. Pull the lever can hear a click click sound but boot doesnt open.

Remote control boot button works.

Pressing on the H at the hyundai logo works 95percent of the time. Got a few instances where it didnt. Anyone knows of an easy fix for it?

What do you mean by "open"? like lift up 25% or 100%? 

From what I know there's no electronic tailgate/ boot here, so it's not expected to open up on its own. 

On my base model, the boot does open up like 10-25% automatically whenever I use remote button to open it, it does "fail" like open only 5% sometimes (less than 10%). 

• Praise 1

What do you mean by "open"? like lift up 25% or 100%?

From what I know there's no electronic tailgate/ boot here, so it's not expected to open up on its own.

On my base model, the boot does open up like 10-25% automatically whenever I use remote button to open it, it does "fail" like open only 5% sometimes (less than 10%).

It does not lift up at all, i.e, it remains closed.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1