2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

(edited)

Hi Ivan. Thank you. Do you have any idea if km will be charging me if I ask them to check this issue during the 1000km servicing?

Yes ahtea. When I accelerate at low speed, the vibration is very obvious. Like 0-60km/hr.

How old is your car? Mine is a new car so I'm not sure if it's a common thing for the new avante or issit just my car.

When I press the accelerator at park mode, I can also feel the vibration.

Hello bro,

No worries, checks are not charged at all at Komoco. Just ask them to check. Best is to accumulate all the faults, major or minor and report at the 1000 km servicing. They'll clear everything for you at one go.

In this one week before sending the car in, do check on all the faults again. For the vibration issue, I am assuming you're referring to the steering wheel vibrating? Or is the whole car vibrating? Do spend some time trying to replicate the problem. Once at the service centre, tell the staff exactly how to replicate the problem. If necessary, you can show it to them. So far, I have only done very specific descriptions and they have been quite good at locating the faults.

In park mode, definitely should not have any vibrations. The gears are not engaged. Sounds like faulty or misaligned engine dampers.

Don't worry, Komoco will fix it for you... their warranty is pretty good...

Edited by teomingern
↡ Advertisement

Hello bro,

No worries, checks are not charged at all at Komoco. Just ask them to check. Best is to accumulate all the faults, major or minor and report at the 1000 km servicing. They'll clear everything for you at one go.

In this one week before sending the car in, do check on all the faults again. For the vibration issue, I am assuming you're referring to the steering wheel vibrating? Or is the whole car vibrating? Do spend some time trying to replicate the problem. Once at the service centre, tell the staff exactly how to replicate the problem. If necessary, you can show it to them. So far, I have only done very specific descriptions and they have been quite good at locating the faults.

In park mode, definitely should not have any vibrations. The gears are not engaged. Sounds like faulty or misaligned engine dampers.

Don't worry, Komoco will fix it for you... their warranty is pretty good...

Thank you bro. Is not the steering wheel that's vibrating. Its seems to be from the engine. The whole car seems to be vibrating when I accelerate.

Thank you bro. Is not the steering wheel that's vibrating. Its seems to be from the engine. The whole car seems to be vibrating when I accelerate.

Hi bro , don't get angry hor.

Have u driven other cars before?

Is this your first ownership , or previous car an electric one?

Hi bro , don't get angry hor.

Have u driven other cars before?

Is this your first ownership , or previous car an electric one?

Hi bro, this is my first car under my name. The previous car driven was also avante. Drove 9 years. Can tell me your views? Please feel free.

Just drive back to Komoco let them check. What views you want? Views will not solve the car issues. Only Komoco can help you rectify it. Do not this is a budget car afterall. Some sounds here and there cannot be avoided.

Hi bro, this is my first car under my name. The previous car driven was also avante. Drove 9 years. Can tell me your views? Please feel free.

Just drive back to Komoco let them check. What views you want? Views will not solve the car issues. Only Komoco can help you rectify it. Do not this is a budget car afterall. Some sounds here and there cannot be avoided.

Hi bro. I understand this is a budget car.

However, I didn't have this vibration(there's no sound. Is more like the car is shaking) when I was driving the old avante. And there wasn't this vibration during the first week of getting this new avante. Only started in the second week.

That's why wanted to find out from bros here if all avante for the new version is like that or if it's only my car before I speak to km.

(edited)

Ok. Seems you are very stressed up over this. If you scroll the pages, most owners encounter steering column and Komoco change the part for them.

So once your steering column noise appears. go to them earlier. It can take weeks for the parts to arrive.

Hi bro. I understand this is a budget car.
However, I didn't have this vibration(there's no sound. Is more like the car is shaking) when I was driving the old avante. And there wasn't this vibration during the first week of getting this new avante. Only started in the second week.

That's why wanted to find out from bros here if all avante for the new version is like that or if it's only my car before I speak to km.

Edited by RogerNg_185295

Sales figures for hyundai sedan absolutely trumps the sibling kia.

ya.. Kia selling pricing still not as competitive as Hyundai...

Supersonic

You are right, this is why hyundai can sell so much than kia.

Then maybe you got a lemon car. Just go back to kmc for them to rectify. Everything is included. Their warranty is pretty good.
  • Praise 1

And their lead time which looks like 3months plus from the cerato thread ...

Yeah... plus the terms aren't as good... need to take loan, insurance, etc from C&C... Komoco doesn't have the same rules... that helps a lot when budget is tight.

Hi Ivan. Thank you. Do you have any idea if km will be charging me if I ask them to check this issue during the 1000km servicing?

Yes ahtea. When I accelerate at low speed, the vibration is very obvious. Like 0-60km/hr.

How old is your car? Mine is a new car so I'm not sure if it's a common thing for the new avante or issit just my car.

When I press the accelerator at park mode, I can also feel the vibration.

Dont worry. They should not charge you. If the issue is a mecahnical issue related to the vehicle and covered under warranty, they have to fix it for you.

Mine is 5 months old. I dont feel that vibration for my case. I suggest you might want to get it checked by KMC during your first 1k service. 

And not to forget to derive the selling price, you need to fulfil a few other conditions such as trade in car and a min loan amount.

Then maybe you got a lemon car. Just go back to kmc for them to rectify. Everything is included. Their warranty is pretty good

Glad to hear that. Thank you Ivan.

• Praise 1

Drove to Malaysia over the past week and traveled around 800 km.

Very stable at high speed around 140 km/h, didn't really feel it.

Fuel consumption displayed was around 16 km/l.

• Praise 1