2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

Someone told me never to buy a Drl equiped hyundai that's always on, if you are going to use that car for outdoor piak piak. You will 'shine" out like a bright lamb bulb in the dark car park.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I juzt realised their omv for the elegence

The top speced altis is 21k plus. Wtf. Mazda 6 exec omv 22k plus.

But hell lots of features missing frm altis elegance.. i mean no cruise control for top spec. No electric seats. Wtf. No this no that... ermm. Not that i want to bash toyota. I tink theres some problem with thai baht or what? Omv so high for such a basic speced car.

Mazda 6 n avante doing such a great job on their omv and allowing themselves to be so competitive

Possibly instructions from Toyota Japan not to fit in all the extras locally to prevent fires... this seems to be a problem today with the increase in electronics... every car brand also has had its fair share of fire incidents... so if factory fitted for almost everything, then the OMV will be very high due to taxes... whereas the other brands may still practise fitting many of the electronic stuff locally... this may include the head unit, sports rims, etc... I don't know what else they can fit up locally... maybe even headlights? Ha ha...
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

Possibly instructions from Toyota Japan not to fit in all the extras locally to prevent fires... this seems to be a problem today with the increase in electronics... every car brand also has had its fair share of fire incidents... so if factory fitted for almost everything, then the OMV will be very high due to taxes... whereas the other brands may still practise fitting many of the electronic stuff locally... this may include the head unit, sports rims, etc... I don't know what else they can fit up locally... maybe even headlights? Ha ha...

I tink avante elite all korea assembled leh. Hehe
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I stand corrected. OMV is the value of the car before any taxes.

But I thnk in general, the cost of the car is not just how much equipment is being fitted at factory. It also depends on how much the factory sell to the respective ADs factoring their base cost of the car from R&D to mark ups.

I tink avante elite all korea assembled leh. Hehe

Should be the case. Many of the features on the Elite are hard to be fitted locally.

That probably explains the much higher OMV for the Elite trim at about $18 to $19k as opposed to the S trim which is about $14k.

Edited by Ahtea
  • Praise 1

I stand corrected. OMV is the value of the car before any taxes.

But I thnk in general, the cost of the car is not just how much equipment is being fitted at factory. It also depends on how much the factory sell to the respective ADs factoring their base cost of the car from R&D to mark ups.

Should be the case. Many of the features on the Elite are hard to be fitted locally.

That probably explains the much higher OMV for the Elite trim at about $18 to $19k as opposed to the S trim which is about $14k.

The OMV goes up cos of the cost of the car - which includes all the bells and whistles... which then inflates the taxes and the selling price... so of course the local ADs will try their best to lower the OMV to keep prices low... plus don't cross the $20,000 mark to ensure that the minimum loan doesn't exceed 40%.

The OMV goes up cos of the cost of the car - which includes all the bells and whistles... which then inflates the taxes and the selling price... so of course the local ADs will try their best to lower the OMV to keep prices low... plus don't cross the $20,000 mark to ensure that the minimum loan doesn't exceed 40%.

Bro I think u meant minimum dp is 30% instead of 40% if omv > $20k.
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Anyone took a look at the latest pricing method? I went to the showroom and now its flexible pricing (i.e. S trim at 55,999 and you can choose the rebate level you want and just add on). SE recommended choosing 21k rebate to make the S trim @ 76,999. Not sure whether that's too high as compared to previous fix quoted price. Comes with 3 yrs servicing. 

Edited by Tazzi80
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Anyone took a look at the latest pricing method? I went to the showroom and now its flexible pricing (i.e. S trim at 55,999 and you can choose the rebate level you want and just add on). SE recommended choosing 21k rebate to make the S trim @ 76,999. Not sure whether that's too high as compared to previous fix quoted price. Comes with 3 yrs servicing.

Hi Bro, I'm looking to buy the S trim too. Did they share why 21k when current COE is 27k? I find the change in scheme to be without COE confusing for new car owners like myself. Hope kind hearted bro can clarify how this scheme can be cheaper/better Edited by Sootengfei
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Last week promo.

Avante s 73999

Elite 80999

6bid non guarenteed.

18k coe rebate

Thanks Spurman for sharing this info but i guess they are not hard up for sales with such an offer. With the current COE at 27k, i doubt an 18k rebate is useful
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

KMC always come up with funny tactics to sell car. In 2016, there was this tier 1 and 2 pricing. Now in 2019, you have bid your own COE price.

• Praise 2

KMC always come up with funny tactics to sell car. In 2016, there was this tier 1 and 2 pricing. Now in 2019, you have bid your own COE price.

Last time they also got lease buy back scheme . That time I think Coe was 60k plus like that. Anyway it's all marketing strategy.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Last week promo.

Avante s 73999

Elite 80999

6bid non guarenteed.

18k coe rebate

Elite is $81k?

saw in sgcarmart $62,999 w/o COE.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Elite is $81k?

saw in sgcarmart $62,999 w/o COE.

$63k without coe? Then if add in coe price will become around $90k?

Supercharged

Thanks Spurman for sharing this info but i guess they are not hard up for sales with such an offer. With the current COE at 27k, i doubt an 18k rebate is useful

No mention.

I signed the avante last sat. With my old friend. Uncle choo. My avante 2008 was bought thru him.

So its like an avante cycle later i got avante again. Hehe.

I din read simi price list then. Just a call to choo n a text later on special price. I looked ard small cars frm jazz. Polo n ibiza. Still i find avante best. Though bigger but heck end day my wife okay to try out a sedan.

I in no rush. So i expect to delivery frm aug to oct.

Wish me luck

• Praise 1

You can walk in and ask for their standard pricing... they just have these marketing gimmicks to draw in customers... for serious buyers they will have a price floor for bidding lar... probably it's anyone's guess what will happen to COE premiums... I notice they do this when they're unsure...
↡ Advertisement