2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

On 4/15/2022 at 4:20 PM, Passion said:

Wheel bearing is wear and tear?

Strictly speaking yes. 

If your car is under warranty, no harm to go back and have them check for you. If they can identify the issue and grant you warranty replacement, its a bonus for you.

↡ Advertisement

https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=11856

Warranty, don’t know. 

I have installed this 6 months after collecting car and have been going to official service center, no comment from them. 

my view on the warranty is that this is really subjective. If the workshop doesn’t want to honor, anything can void your warranty like missed your service schedule by 1 day. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, not sure anyone still active on this post,but I just got my second hand car “new car“, and noticed there is this annoying beeping when driving around 105km per hour and a few encounter when I m at the traffic light waiting, anyone encounter similar situation ? Or something wrong with my car?

@hoyu0009 My avante doesn't have the beeping sound issue that you mentioned. 

Based on what you said, it sound like previous owner has installed kind of speed alert devices or some electronics (like engine tuning / monitoring devices) installed. 

@hoyu0009 Which trim you got? The traffic light one might be an Elite specific feature which will sound a warning of leading traffic departure. For the beep at 105km/h, is it due to blind spot or lane keep assistance?

On 5/1/2022 at 10:31 AM, hoyu0009 said:

Hi all, not sure anyone still active on this post,but I just got my second hand car “new car“, and noticed there is this annoying beeping when driving around 105km per hour and a few encounter when I m at the traffic light waiting, anyone encounter similar situation ? Or something wrong with my car?

Just guessing, probably the proximity sensors (on your bumper) are detecting the road during high speed movement. You may like to check the sensors with KMC workshop

2 cents suggestion🙂

1 hour ago, Ahtea said:

@hoyu0009 Which trim you got? The traffic light one might be an Elite specific feature which will sound a warning of leading traffic departure. For the beep at 105km/h, is it due to blind spot or lane keep assistance?

Oh yea, one more thing to check is your dash cam. Check to see if there are any settings which could cause the random beeping under the mentioned scenarios. 

(edited)
20 minutes ago, ceratokiabest said:

hello peeps..im driving a 2019 Avante... can i know what's the spark plug number? or i can just get any spark plugs off the shelf? thanks in advance!

As far as I know, Avante/Elantra is using iridium spark plug that can last at least 150,000km according to the user manual. My previous change of iridium spark after 100,000km is still very good condition. As long as every engine start gets going, I presume the spark plug is good.

If you need to change the spark plug, please refer to user manual for correct part number. The heat rate for spark plug differ from engine to engine

Edited by Tcx607
  • Praise 1

I just recalled that the provided DVR has "smart" feature like providing audio notification for traffic cam, lane departure and front collision, please check if it's turned on. 

On 5/18/2022 at 1:07 PM, ceratokiabest said:

hello peeps..im driving a 2019 Avante... can i know what's the spark plug number? or i can just get any spark plugs off the shelf? thanks in advance!

Original part should be NGK LZKR6B-10E. 

On 5/18/2022 at 1:26 PM, Tcx607 said:

As far as I know, Avante/Elantra is using iridium spark plug that can last at least 150,000km according to the user manual. My previous change of iridium spark after 100,000km is still very good condition. As long as every engine start gets going, I presume the spark plug is good.

If you need to change the spark plug, please refer to user manual for correct part number. The heat rate for spark plug differ from engine to engine

Nope, the original ones which comes with the car is unlikely an Iridium type of spark plug based on the part number. I stand corrected, maybe for owners who have changed their spark plug before and happen to retain the original spark plugs can confirm my understanding on the spark plug model used in the Avante 2019 (AD).

image.png.13a0d8873a7a09618f49f6b2342924bb.png

1 hour ago, ceratokiabest said:

@Ahtea thanks man! may i check, where did u get this part number info from? i can check for other parts too - oil filter etc.. from what i heard, hyundai can revoke warranty if u dont use their original oil filter

I took mine out to see the part number. :x

You can go to some Hyundai stockist to consult them on the parts as well. Stockist usually will have a handbook, documenting the part number for your model. 

On 5/27/2022 at 8:10 AM, ceratokiabest said:

@Ahtea ah okie got it..thanks man!

Try Song Yi or Min Ghee for original Hyundai parts... I bought original parts before and got them to use these during the free servicing period... cos I only wanted to make use of the free labour... they just used the parts provided - oil filter and aircon filter...

On 4/13/2022 at 10:54 PM, Passion said:

How much is it and is it plug and play? By the way, anyone install folding mirror for avante 19 basic model?

I also find the car a bit noisy now. Anyone do sound insulation to the car?? 

Yes the cruise control + climate control are all plug and play... just change the panel and plug in the correct cables... the hard points are all there... but is it worthwhile? Cruise control is easier to fit but if your instrument panel doesn't have the supervision cluster then you won't get the cruise control indicator light coming on when you engage cruise control... not sure if the instrument panel in the basic trims have this or not... for climate control, you are just swapping the rotary knobs and levers for a few push buttons... I feel it's the most unnecessary upgrade... but I'm not sure if that's all that the climate control has over the standard set... cos climate control also has temperature sensors and with dual zone, not sure if the sensors are in the panel or in other parts of the car... the climate control panel is expensive so not something you want to experiment with... can check out YouTube to see if anyone has documented this change before...

On 5/28/2022 at 8:19 PM, teomingern said:

Cruise control is easier to fit but if your instrument panel doesn't have the supervision cluster then you won't get the cruise control indicator light coming on when you engage cruise control... not sure if the instrument panel in the basic trims have this or not...

The instrument panel of the basic trims support cruise control, it's shown on the central LCD portion: 1 icon to indicate if it's ready to engage (awaiting for you to set the target speed) and if cruise control is active, both the icon and set speed are displayed. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

When I release the brake during a traffic light stop. Always hear a loud thud sound. Wonder What could be the issue? Brake pad too stiff? 

Edited by LoverofCar
↡ Advertisement