2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

13 hours ago, Ttb36 said:

I am driving 2018 Elantra. Experience a stinging smell every now and then in the cabin usually during the start of the drive since I took the car. 

Went to komoco, and after leaving the car for half a day, the advisor told me they couldn't simulate the fault. He gave a stupid reason that the smell might come from the carpet circulating in the car. 

After 4 years,  experiencing air con not cold. Went to komoco. They replaced the cooling coil and the air con is cold again. Thought the smell will be gone. I am wrong.  The smell still comes back once a while. 

Not sure the source of the smell. If it's refrigerant, the air con will not be cold which is not happening. 

Any bro could advise b4 I go back to komoco again and b4 the warranty is up. Should I go to Kembangan instead. 

If i am not wrong, Kembangan service center only handles general servicing. Warranty claims still have to go back to their Alexandra branch. 

Anyway, I kinda give up on their service center when everything other than a hard failure appears to be "normal" from their mechanics. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

https://www.familyhandyman.com/article/why-does-my-car-ac-smell-bad/

https://www.cenex.com/about/cenex-information/cenexperts-blog-page/general-interest/diagnosing_car_smells

I Googled and seems there is an area u might want explore per articles above to see if it works to rid of the smell.

I am inclined to think of it being aircon related as the smell comes on whenever u start the car. 

Just a suggestion.

Hope you can enjoy a nice ride sans all unpleasant smell soon. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1

HP car cam, model F870g firmware bug.

With help from a friend and long testing. We finally confirmed the following where KMC has no idea about it. All they can suggest is out of warranty and suggest changing to new. Following is the original post which get deleted in KMC facebook.

Is not battery issue. After testing weeks and with help from a friend in Taiwan.

Managed to get a working FW for this camera. For those interested.

V3.05.01_sg has no issue

V3.05.02_sg has firmware issue. The issue is the camera can only have date/time setting for year 2018, 2019,2020, 2021.

You will find only driving sometime, the cam gets its date/time from GPS. Which is about 10 to 15 minutes later.

Then you will have following 2 issues:

1. First 10 to 15 minutes of footage is not captured in SD card.

2. When finally, you stop the car and off engine. The cam is going to power down and firmware started to get problem with date/time for year 2022 so it gets reset to 2018 default.

3. Story repeat.

Those who gotten this KMC installed F870g cam from 2019 will start to face this problem in year 2022 as I believe most of the stock is on firmware level v3.05.02_sg. Those before this level is not affected. Managed to get support from Taiwan F870g dealer, who response quickly Vs the one in Singapore (basically is hopeless, same for KMC).

• Praise 2

@Ttb36 HP car cam, model F870g firmware bug.

With help from a friend and long testing. We finally confirmed the following where KMC has no idea about it. All they can suggest is out of warranty and suggest changing to new. Following is the original post which get deleted in KMC facebook.

Is not battery issue. After testing weeks and with help from a friend in Taiwan.

V3.05.01_sg has no issue

V3.05.02_sg has firmware issue. The issue is the camera can only have date/time setting for year 2018, 2019,2020, 2021.

You will find only driving sometime, the cam gets its date/time from GPS. Which is about 10 to 15 minutes later.

2. When finally, you stop the car and off engine. The cam is going to power down and firmware started to get problem with date/time for year 2022 so it gets reset to 2018 default.

3. Story repeat.

Those who gotten this KMC installed F870g cam from 2019 will start to face this problem in year 2022 as I believe most of the stock is on firmware level v3.05.02_sg. Those before this level is not affected. Managed to get support from Taiwan F870g dealer, who response quickly Vs the one in Singapore (basically is hopeless, same for KMC).

On 10/6/2022 at 4:01 PM, Compro said:

HP car cam, model F870g firmware bug.

V3.05.01_sg has no issue

3. Story repeat.

That's good to know. Where do we get the V3.05.01_sg version and can we downgrade it ourselves?

hi guys, just FYI, my 2019 Avante aircon just had a breakdown (air con not cool, or 1 side blow hot air while the other side blow cool air), after checking my service center at Kembangan, it's fixed by replacing the coil (SGD 0, covered by warranty). 

5 hours ago, Z030005 said:

hi guys, just FYI, my 2019 Avante aircon just had a breakdown (air con not cool, or 1 side blow hot air while the other side blow cool air), after checking my service center at Kembangan, it's fixed by replacing the coil (SGD 0, covered by warranty). 

Wah luckily still under warranty.. which month is your 2019 avante ? And what's your mileage?

On 2/12/2023 at 11:09 AM, Z030005 said:

@Z030005 My 2018 Elantra alr replaced twice, in Oct 21 & Feb 23. Warranty expiring in Aug this year.

@dy777 Local support is none, KMC is hopeless. I have the older version with helps from Taiwan HP dealer. It works well. Use google to search if not, send me your email address and I can send to you the firmware file and instruction.

On 2/24/2023 at 11:35 AM, Compro said:

@Z030005 The car design is good. Quality is bad, workshop service level is 0 out of 10. When they service your car, make sure you check it 100% before driving off.

mind sharing your experience with the workshop?

@tpgblack4 Personally, I'm quite happy with the car and the workshop service. 

The car is neither premium nor luxury, it's a decent pointA to pointB car. Refer to my review here (https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_reviews.php?CarCode=12399, under Z030005). No regret to this date. 

Workshop wise, I have been visiting Kembangan Service Center for EVERYTHING except 1) an upgrade to add cruise control (this is done in SG as well) and 2) battery change (I delayed my service appointment by a few months so as it died in the odd hour unexpectedly ).

The price is not cheapest, staff is not the most friendly/ chatty one, but there's a level of consistency and professionalism you can be expect, there's no hard sell and they go by book. Some times you might feel they want to con you, for example I was told the tyre should be changed after 3 years regardless of mileage, you can just turn them down and then they won't pursue further like telling you stories... 

On the higher service fee or so, I think it's mainly because they do include some extra thing (that you might want but can't remove/exclude), for example they top up your windshield fluid, battery health check and tyre rotation. 

↡ Advertisement