Log off, get a life and stop responding to work emails

Theoldjaffa

Some boss dont really call you much after office hours, but if they really do call you, they expect you to response lo. So cannot totally never response or take more than half a day or even 1 day later then response. Believe most bosses would not be happy de. Unless you have a very valid reason why you never or cannot response.  [rolleyes]

Doesn't all this depend on your jobscope?

↡ Advertisement

I only answer call immediately when I see caller ID that shows

Wife, Mum, Dad, Childcare.

No ID one wait until I have time then call back.

Doesn't all this depend on your jobscope?

Not everything will be spelt out in my job scope de. Bosses would take it that you should know what to do?!

Other than emails, the most nuisense thing now is whatsapp. And having a groupchat for everything. Whatsapp for work is simply pure disturbance and harassment. Sometimes it is just good to ditch the smartphone at work and keep it personal for family and friends.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

well, my clients never call.....hahahahaha

you never complain to singtel, starhub and m1 their coverage no good ah?

:D

Not everything will be spelt out in my job scope de. Bosses would take it that you should know what to do?!

Huh... no, i mean whether or not your boss is going to call you or expect you to reply ASAP depends on your jobscope.

Other than emails, the most nuisense thing now is whatsapp. And having a groupchat for everything. Whatsapp for work is simply pure disturbance and harassment. Sometimes it is just good to ditch the smartphone at work and keep it personal for family and friends. ð

It's good not to have a work group whatsapp. Best is let your boss know you don't have whatsapp.

Huh... no, i mean whether or not your boss is going to call you or expect you to reply ASAP depends on your jobscope.

I think it depends on the boss's character and style of working than jobscope. Some people are impatient type, so when they call you, they expect you to reply fast, even it is not very important. These people simply want to get things done fast.

Other than emails, the most nuisense thing now is whatsapp. And having a groupchat for everything. Whatsapp for work is simply pure disturbance and harassment. Sometimes it is just good to ditch the smartphone at work and keep it personal for family and friends. ð

That is true. From emails to WhatsApp. But that is becoz we are glued to our smart phone. I was in Europe recently and noone checks their phones during dinner time.

It's good not to have a work group whatsapp. Best is let your boss know you don't have whatsapp. ð

True. Now every d**n thing whatsapp group. Work is committed during working hours. With whatsapp, work goes on and forever active regardless day or night, whether concerns you or not. It's a total abuse of tech.

We Asians at times have no discipline on drawing a line between work, life and mood. Hence such issues happen. No wonder our environment is full of ready-to-explode-into-anger people. Hahaha.

Edited by Heartbreakid

I am just thinking, REAL work-life balance, switching off from work, only effective for single people without kids.

If you are married and with kids, especially small kids, work is 24/7. It's either work in office for your employer, or "work" at home being a spouse and parent.

Sometimes, office seems comparatively relaxing on a Monday, compared to the past busy, hectic weekend! [laugh]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My past work used to be very demanding, and i had to stay online 24/7 and after couple of years i felt really burned out. So i thought about what i really want, and found another job that pays less but i have reasonable hours and when my day is finished it's really finished). But i do think it's more up to individual than company, because let's face it they will never have such flexbile policies to please everyone.

So here's my five cents)

• Praise 2

That is true. From emails to WhatsApp. But that is becoz we are glued to our smart phone. I was in Europe recently and noone checks their phones during dinner time.

Maybe i am odd one, i dont really like to glue to my smart phone de.

It's good not to have a work group whatsapp. Best is let your boss know you don't have whatsapp.

Maybe i am odd one, i dont really like to glue to my smart phone de.

You think you boss would believe you that you dont have whatsapp?! Even you said dont have, think your boss might ask you to go download one. Lol.

You are definitely the odd one out.

Just go to any restaurant or cafe in SG and observe. Whole family having dinner and not communicating with each other but their phones. In Europe, things are very different.

Boss will tell you to install the apps.

You are definitely the odd one out.

Just go to any restaurant or cafe in SG and observe. Whole family having dinner and not communicating with each other but their phones. In Europe, things are very different.

Boss will tell you to install the apps.

• Praise 1

Confirmed i am the odd one out. This is why i dont like gathering cause everyone is gluing to their own phone, no one is interested in talking to anyone for more than 5 mins.

You still using 2.5G phone?
↡ Advertisement