Log off, get a life and stop responding to work emails

Theoldjaffa

I think it is more of a give and take culture. My Singapore staff come in at 11plus, go off before 5. If she need to work OT on something critical, she just get it done and won't kpkb.

↡ Advertisement

I think it is more of a give and take culture. My Singapore staff come in at 11plus, go off before 5.

Flexible time is good, but 11-5 seems like half-day everyday?

Flexible time is good, but 11-5 seems like half-day everyday?

Flexible hours. As long as she get the job done, I am fine. I don't belive in insisting staff to come by 9 and only go off after 6.

I don't have data plan until now. So though have WhatsApp work group I insert a status msg that it's not a reliable connection for me as I depend on WiFi [laugh]

But slowly caving in ... nowadays many things, especially with "smart" nation initiatives ... data plan is a must-have.

Even basic stuff like the SG Secure app requires and assumes everyone has data plan. Imagine being in a real life emergency ... no WiFi!

Edited by Sosaria

What is 2.5G phone? Lol.

if the staff know what they are doing then good. But some people might take advantage of flexible hours?!

2.5G, which stands for "second and a half generation," is a cellular wireless technology developed in between its predecessor, 2G, and its successor, 3G. ... The term "2.5G" usually describes a 2G cellular system combined with General Packet Radio Services (GPRS), or other services not generally found in 2G or 1G networks. 

2.5G, which stands for "second and a half generation," is a cellular wireless technology developed in between its predecessor, 2G, and its successor, 3G. ... The term "2.5G" usually describes a 2G cellular system combined with General Packet Radio Services (GPRS), or other services not generally found in 2G or 1G networks. 

So 2.5G phone cannot install Whatsapp ah? What are the phone selling is 2.5G now?

I am just thinking, REAL work-life balance, switching off from work, only effective for single people without kids.

If you are married and with kids, especially small kids, work is 24/7. It's either work in office for your employer, or "work" at home being a spouse and parent.

Sometimes, office seems comparatively relaxing on a Monday, compared to the past busy, hectic weekend! [laugh]

It also applies to DINK

What is 2.5G phone? Lol.

if the staff know what they are doing then good. But some people might take advantage of flexible hours?!

用人不疑,疑人不用。

That's all I can say.

• Praise 1

I do get a couple of hundreds emails when i get back to work from a week break.I sort them by subject a d read the last.case closed delete the whole batch.haha

Ve4y often, people just cc everybody.instead of start fresh email, some like to attach old emails to new subject.

I do get a couple of hundreds emails when i get back to work from a week break.I sort them by subject a d read the last.case closed delete the whole batch.haha

Ve4y often, people just cc everybody.instead of start fresh email, some like to attach old emails to new subject.

I always hear people often can get hundreds of emails even on daily basis, really wonder what they do? How come there are so many emails? Sales job?

用人不疑,疑人不用。

That's all I can say.

Maybe trust is the word.

I always hear people often can get hundreds of emails even on daily basis, really wonder what they do? How come there are so many emails? Sales job?

Maybe trust is the word.

It is true. At my ex company 10 years ago, I average 400 emails a day. That's why I have no time for MCF then

Some management simply like to be kept informed. That means putting them on cc list. In fact, in my first job in MNC, one of my mistakes was to keep communication only to those that were working actively on an issue. Resulting in bosses not fully knowing what I was doing each day or my contributions. It affects individual visibility which has an impact during appraisal or promotion.

Attaching old e-mails is ks habit to "preserve evidence"!

It is true. At my ex company 10 years ago, I average 400 emails a day. That's why I have no time for MCF then ð

Type "Control" and "A".

Right click the mouse, select "Delete".

↡ Advertisement