Sleep quality

RadX

2 hours ago, Brass said:

Sometimes when I never sleep enough, I feel like strangling someone the first thing in the morning.( thankfully I killed no one yet)

You want to sleep with my MIL too?

:grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Not bad you still can manage to drive even didnt sleep well?! 😅 Now if i didnt sleep well, i cannot manage to drive, cause my mind would start to drift while on the road. 😓 Last time still young no such problem.

Haha. Still can drive. Head feeling giddy. With a mei mei next to me will keep me awake. 😁

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, mersaylee said:

And I thought all NS guys are well trained to sleep anywhere anytime? All that's needed is somewhere flat...hard or soft don't matter...

When tired, NS guys can sleep anywhere and anytime. But my platoon mate can sleep while standing with his eyes closed. 🤭

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, CoffeeBreak said:

When tired, NS guys can sleep anywhere and anytime. But my platoon mate can sleep while standing with his eyes closed. 🤭

During NS really can sleep anywhere and anytime la. Dont find the floor is hard or what or dont feel cold even sleep in the open. Lol.

23 minutes ago, CoffeeBreak said:

Haha. Still can drive. Head feeling giddy. With a mei mei next to me will keep me awake. 😁

Head feeling giddy still can drive? You power la. 😂

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

During NS really can sleep anywhere and anytime la. Dont find the floor is hard or what or dont feel cold even sleep in the open. Lol.

We used to say No.4 is the best sleep remedy. No matter how awake you are, after wear No.4 sure feel sleepy. [laugh]

• Haha! 5

4 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

We used to say No.4 is the best sleep remedy. No matter how awake you are, after wear No.4 sure feel sleepy. [laugh]

I think it only work during NSF, after ORD and during reservist, the sleepy effect not so strong. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

17 hours ago, mersaylee said:

And I thought all NS guys are well trained to sleep anywhere anytime? All that's needed is somewhere flat...hard or soft don't matter...

Yes, wear your number 4 uniforms.

2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

last time i find swimming 10 laps around the pool, easily make me sleep.

i think exercise will make you sleep better.

When old liao cannot exercise before sleep, can ended up become too alert and cannot sleep. 😂

On 8/25/2018 at 6:24 AM, Blueray said:

Sleep tracking apps are only using heart beat as a proxy, so accuracy level is not very high, imho. I have a Xiaomi 2 which I use for data gathering on my sleep too. I take it as FYI only.

Main thing is regular sleep hours and will feel fresh the next day.

A small cup of room temp fresh milk does well to get me into zzzland.

So smartwatches are not accurate?

Supercharged

This is not a green way to help people sleep, is it? Adding to unnecessary pollution too.  [thumbsdown]

Hong Kong passengers go ZZZ on bus with nowhere route

Most people would have experienced drifting off to sleep during a lengthy bus journey. But would you pay to do just that? That is the idea behind a novel tour bus business in Hong Kong billing itself as a possible cure for insomnia. On a recent sunny Sunday afternoon, about 70 passengers ranging from excitable infants to silver-haired retirees got on board two double-deckers plying a "route to nowhere".

The 85km trip started in a bustling urban district and made its way mostly on coastal highways to the city's airport, which has seen a fraction of the usual traffic throughout the coronavirus pandemic. While some passengers enjoyed the view, many adorned provided ear plugs and face masks and were soon fast asleep for the five-hour trip, which includes stops at various scenic sites.

"I think everyone has experienced not being able to sleep at home, but they can sleep very soundly on a bus as the bus swings and vibrates," passenger and quiet-bus convert Ho Wai told Agence France-Presse during the trip.

"Every Hong Konger has stress from work, from affording a flat, from life, and now we can't go travelling," he said, referring to the strict Covid-19 quarantine rules that have kept Hong Kong largely cut off from the rest of the world.

"With all this stress adding up, I think a lot of Hong Kongers aren't sleeping well."

Fellow passenger Matthew Chick said he had been having trouble sleeping in recent weeks and decided to give the journey a go. But he struggled to peel his eyes away from the view. "The weather today is too good to be sleeping," the 29-year-old said.

Tickets are priced between HK$99 and HK$399 (between S$17 and S$70), with upper deck seats carrying the higher price tag.

Mr Frankie Chow, president of Ulu Travel and the entrepreneur who came up with the idea, said he tried to pick routes with as few traffic lights as possible to reduce stops that might wake passengers.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kong-passengers-go-zzz-on-the-bus-with-a-nowhere-route

• Haha! 1

44 minutes ago, Didu said:

This is not a green way to help people sleep, is it? Adding to unnecessary pollution too.  [thumbsdown]

Hong Kong passengers go ZZZ on bus with nowhere route

Most people would have experienced drifting off to sleep during a lengthy bus journey. But would you pay to do just that? That is the idea behind a novel tour bus business in Hong Kong billing itself as a possible cure for insomnia. On a recent sunny Sunday afternoon, about 70 passengers ranging from excitable infants to silver-haired retirees got on board two double-deckers plying a "route to nowhere".

The 85km trip started in a bustling urban district and made its way mostly on coastal highways to the city's airport, which has seen a fraction of the usual traffic throughout the coronavirus pandemic. While some passengers enjoyed the view, many adorned provided ear plugs and face masks and were soon fast asleep for the five-hour trip, which includes stops at various scenic sites.

"I think everyone has experienced not being able to sleep at home, but they can sleep very soundly on a bus as the bus swings and vibrates," passenger and quiet-bus convert Ho Wai told Agence France-Presse during the trip.

"Every Hong Konger has stress from work, from affording a flat, from life, and now we can't go travelling," he said, referring to the strict Covid-19 quarantine rules that have kept Hong Kong largely cut off from the rest of the world.

"With all this stress adding up, I think a lot of Hong Kongers aren't sleeping well."

Fellow passenger Matthew Chick said he had been having trouble sleeping in recent weeks and decided to give the journey a go. But he struggled to peel his eyes away from the view. "The weather today is too good to be sleeping," the 29-year-old said.

Tickets are priced between HK$99 and HK$399 (between S$17 and S$70), with upper deck seats carrying the higher price tag.

Mr Frankie Chow, president of Ulu Travel and the entrepreneur who came up with the idea, said he tried to pick routes with as few traffic lights as possible to reduce stops that might wake passengers.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kong-passengers-go-zzz-on-the-bus-with-a-nowhere-route

Dont understand how come people can sleep while the bus is moving? Bus so jerky le, give me dizzy and headache. Lol.

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dont understand how come people can sleep while the bus is moving? Bus so jerky le, give me dizzy and headache. Lol.

Bus and three tonners made me sleep easily.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1