Hyundai Elantra or Kia Cerato

Joelwong

but NO ONE here will buy TATA even its damn cheap....

I was referring to the issue about the suspension of Hyundai being very good cos it can survive the poor roads in India... what I was trying to say was that even in India, the TATA suspension also can survive mah... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

haha anyone else looking for a b&b sedan, i will point them to avante. Just that I won't get it for myself [laugh]

Totally agree.

If a budget conscious friend asked me for advice, confirm I recommend avante. Indeed it's vfm. Unbeatable. Deserve best selling title.

But I personally won't buy cos of the looks. It's really ugly. I tot it will grow on me. But I'm wrong.

Just a comparison, in this 1.6 BnB segment we have

1. Civic

2. Mz3

3. Altis

4. Cerato

All these look damn solid.

Somehow the avante looks very skinny at the front and the avante word at the back spoils the rear . To give an illustration, such word design is used in Ferrari, Porsche and rightly so. A Hyundai? Hmmm

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Totally agree.

If a budget conscious friend asked me for advice, confirm I recommend avante. Indeed it's vfm. Unbeatable. Deserve best selling title.

But I personally won't buy cos of the looks. It's really ugly. I tot it will grow on me. But I'm wrong.

1. Civic

2. Mz3

3. Altis

4. Cerato

Somehow the avante looks very skinny at the front and the avante word at the back spoils the rear . To give an illustration, such word design is used in Ferrari, Porsche and rightly so. A Hyundai? Hmmm

In what ways those cars you said look damn solid le?

What is damn solid, you are referring to?  Maybe I may add some plus and minus of overall BB Sedan cars......

By the way, you you are not going for looks, in fact Altis is the best in terms of power-train and fuel efficiency. All others cars just cannot beat Altis of these 2 points. But Altis design have aged and looks mostly drive by old uncles, if you see on the roads.

I see all as reliable cars to keep. But Civic base model is under power. Civic and Mazda parts are on the expensive side. The only problem with the Korean made tend to have high up keeping expenses after 6 years as compare to Altis. Besides the new Avante looks ugly and odd. I still prefer the Elantra.

Though Cerato 2019, is a decade old engineer that have re-tune, the good design and well equipped car for most younger ones. If you are talking FC of Cerato 2019 and new Avante is the same. Although the latter have a 2016 newer engine. Unless the new Avante has a FC break through that is equal to the Altis, than it make more sense to go it. 

Whether you believe Feng Shui or not, car with many sharp pointed design is not so good. 

So all cars have its pros and cons in certain ways. It all depends on individual needs. No one car can fit all needs. Most of local drivers are point to point drivers. We don't have long leisure driving like the Europeans enjoy on their roads and country side.  So to me, looks of the car is as important as it equipped.

Totally agree.

1. Civic
2. Mz3
3. Altis
4. Cerato

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Seat toldeo sedan also not bad. Pricing similar.

Too bad not popular.

actually it's at a very reasonable price and has 6 airbags, and is conti.

Essentially a knockdown jetta. 

Can't understand why it doesn't sell well (though i haven't test driven or anything).

doubt most people understand that it's a VW car, so it can't be the Jetta history that is affecting it.

(edited)

Too bad not popular.

the interior looks like 20 years ago and the overall design looks like an upsized bezza with narrow body width. 

seat leon/arona is nice though. 

Edited by makeanewcall

Unfortunately, Seat sedan is not well receive as compare to those mentioned earlier. After market parts may not come cheap either. I am not sure about it's reliability, if one is planning to keep more than 5 years.

Too bad not popular.

It's the gearbox problem. Very expensive to change. Jetta have been plated will gearbox problems. FC is very bad.

Can't understand why it doesn't sell well (though i haven't test driven or anything).

doubt most people understand that it's a VW car, so it can't be the Jetta history that is affecting it.

Turbocharged

Seat, Skoda and VW are all good reliable cars - the only problem lies in the 7 speed dry clutch DSG gearbox.

They should have used the wet clutch 6 speed gearbox found in the pre 2009 VW Passat.

Turbocharged

People are not buying the Seat Toledo because it comes with the problematic DSG gearbox.  

Whether you believe Feng Shui or not, car with many sharp pointed design is not so good. 

If so, the 2019  Hyundai Avante will sure bring bad luck  [laugh]

People are not buying the Seat Toledo because it comes with the problematic DSG gearbox.

If so, the 2019 Hyundai Avante will sure bring bad luck [laugh]

The LED headlamps of the Avante is the greatest example of a Pythagoras Theorem.

Supersonic

Actually i also hear before sharp edges and pointed design no good for feng shui, esp inside your house. Lol.

• Praise 1

Whatever it is, in general many sharp pointed design or objects, is putting me off. I took great pain to avoid the so call "poison-arrows" in my home and other objects. Not sure of others.

Actually i also hear before sharp edges and pointed design no good for feng shui, esp inside your house. Lol.

I am not sure of others. Is just my preference and just putting me off on sharp edges and designs. 

Neutral Newbie

Happen to see this thread. I also cant decide which to buy, 2018 elantra vs ceranto. Haha. So in the end which car you guy brought? Can tell me reasons also? Thanks 

Neutral Newbie
7 hours ago, Cw1985 said:

Happen to see this thread. I also cant decide which to buy, 2018 elantra vs ceranto. Haha. So in the end which car you guy brought? Can tell me reasons also? Thanks 

You may refer to a comparison of both cars in page 14.

On 7/2/2019 at 10:05 PM, Friendstar said:

Totally agree.

1. Civic

2. Mz3

3. Altis

4. Cerato

You left out the sylphy 

Neutral Newbie
15 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Cerato - better looking.

:grin:

Yes. Both me and wife choose Cerato over elantra. Now anther issue, paying another $6k for SX or save this money for EX? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1