Hyundai Elantra or Kia Cerato

Joelwong

I think wait for the new Elantra before deciding...

Went to test drove the new Cerato, and dont really like the driving feel. Quite under power.

And it doesnt have many safety features like the AEB, Lane Change Assist, blind spot detection..etc.

Went to test drove the new Cerato, and dont really like the driving feel. Quite under power.

And it doesnt have many safety features like the AEB, Lane Change Assist, blind spot detection..etc.

if you already have expectation of higher power/torque I believe you juz skip 1.6NA range and focus higher cc or turbo range of vehicle.
  • Praise 1

Someone mentioned before, it's going to be CVT.

Actually if u want full features, more power and don't mind paying 80 over k, can look at the impreza 2.0.

• Praise 2

Actually if u want full features, more power and don't mind paying 80 over k, can look at the impreza 2.0.

Impreza 2.0 less than $80K with all the bells and whistles meh? Like that surely will be bestseller already right?

Impreza 2.0 less than $80K with all the bells and whistles meh? Like that surely will be bestseller already right?

When COE was 32k I went to see, was mid 80k. Very tempting....but forester is like not much more than the impreza, even more tenpting.

Yes... the Forester XT at less than $110,000 was very tempting... but fortunately or unfortunately I already purchased my car... but then again my experience with the fuel consumption of the Impreza wasn't good... so I passed... cos the Forester was cheaper than my car when I bought it in March 2016...

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, looking at Elantra vs Cerato,

Can I check if there is any difference in the engine?

Hyundai SE told me there’s one gen newer but Kia SE said same engine.

Thanks!!

• Praise 2

Hi guys, looking at Elantra vs Cerato,

Can I check if there is any difference in the engine?

Hyundai SE told me thereâs one gen newer but Kia SE said same engine.

Thanks!!

Go try both.......cerato feel more sluggish despite being quite abit lighter in weight on paper.

Go try both.......cerato feel more sluggish despite being quite abit lighter in weight on paper.

Tried both cars, cerato pick up very weak compared to Elantra. Hopefully this translates into better FC.
  • Praise 2

Once u drive a cvt u won't want to have another cvt. Basically no sense of engine acceleration since it act like a single speed (some even have scooter drone XD)

PS: I drove a cvt for 9 years. Now avoiding it like a plague

Tried both cars, cerato pick up very weak compared to Elantra. Hopefully this translates into better FC.

Probably due to the difference in transmission lar... the Elantra is still the normal torque converter auto gearbox... the Cerato is using CVT I think?

Probably due to the difference in transmission lar... the Elantra is still the normal torque converter auto gearbox... the Cerato is using CVT I think?

Nope still the last gen 6 speed auto. Outside Singapore all using their new IMT which review said have been pretty good.

My current ride will be scrapping in December, am considering between the Elantra S and Cerato EX not ruling out other options looks the Jazz 1.5

The Hyundai is at the tail end of its current facelift with 2019 model already announced. Whereas the Cerato is a brand new facelift.

Was actually quite biased against against Kia before yesterday as I totally hated the old Cerato, forte, and k3. So my test drive for the Cerato was pretty biased also. Until yesterday after I paid a second visit to Hyundai, then decided to pop by C&C just to look at the c4 cactus, the Cerato was parked outside.

The more I look at it, the more the looks grow on me. So went inside the showroom again, have a sit inside the Cerato’s cabin......is like totally win the Elantra many times over.

I don’t reallly mind the exterior of the Elantra S but I find the interior very dated.

The Cerato EX cost more, but the equipment level is close to the Elantra elite.

Weight wise, the Elantra is 100kg heavier

Engine wise, the Cerato is using an older generation engine. (This is my main concern)

I test drive both cars, but am unable to get any head on conclusion as I went to test drive the Elantra at leng kee and the Cerato at ubi.

I don’t know is it psychological, but the Hyundai felt smoother and picks up abit easier.

The additional 50l boot space of the Cerato doesn’t concern me much.

Personally test drive both cars before purchasing my new hyundai elantra and I have no doubt that I made the right choice. Value for money, pick up better than the cerato and smoother gear transition. I will strongly recommend the hyundai Elantra for anyone who is looking to change. My two cents worth opinion!

Edited by AaronHuang_159060
  • Praise 1

Personally test drive both cars before purchasing my new hyundai elantra and I have no doubt that I made the right choice. Value for money, pick up better than the cerato and smoother gear transition. I will strongly recommend the hyundai Elantra for anyone who is looking to change. My two cents worth opinion!

and cheap as well

Does anyone keep a record on the servicing and maintenance cost on running the Cerato SX/EX and other variants? I am comparing Toyota Altis 1.6. Appreciate your sharing. Thanks    

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1