Frozen shoulder

Jman888

thanks, i saw that last week and tried the method, it works immediately but the after effect when the pain comes back is double [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

i think the perpendicular swing quite effective, and not too painful, some recommend holding a weight (1-2 kgs) while swinging, i did that too but also cannot tahan.

The way i see it, the techniques preached by the guy is similar to yoga and stretching exercises.

I broke my AC joint years ago n used the stretching tecniques to relief the recurring aches there.

Edited by Sotong1977
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

thanks, i saw that last week and tried the method, it works immediately but the after effect when the pain comes back is double   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop] 

i think the  perpendicular swing quite effective, and not too painful, some recommend holding a weight (1-2 kgs) while swinging, i did that too but also cannot tahan.

i watched some of the exercises. I think the exercises in the physiotherapy video i posted earlier will cause less pain

• Praise 1

i watched some of the exercises. I think the exercises in the physiotherapy video i posted earlier will cause less pain

i did my own massage. Used Gamat (sea cucumber) oil to massage the area that hurts and used light pressure to make it a bit painful and keep the pressure.

i agree with his technique, explain how the exercise can loosen the stickiness and relief the pain. Some of those exercise is like climbing mount everest   [laugh]  [laugh]

Hi Dr @lala81, may I ask how do I differentiate plantar fasciitis and heel spur? Or are they the same?

A heel spur is usually symptomatic by causing the condition called plantar fasciitis. But not everyone with plantar fasciitis has bone spurs.

Twincharged

You are referring to the frozen shoulder? I read that you can only sleep flat on your back, place a small pillow between the frozen arm and body to leave a gap when you sleep. Kiaping your arm to body too close will 'stick' it back and worsen the condition.

just to share, i sleep on my sides and changing my mattress from super hard to super soft (yet supportive) helped tremendously when i had FS issues.

• Praise 4

Anyone having this problem? apparently i just cross 50 yrs old and this came along.

about a month ago i was doing some exercise consecutively for a few days, and i believe due to the wrong posture and suddenly one day the shoulder having sharp pain and couldn't lift up beyond shoulder height from certain angle. The pain persist for a week, tried rubbing and doesn't help.

went to polyclinic and now waiting for an appointment to see a physiotherapy. Google more on frozen shoulder and can 99% confirm i have it. For past 2 weeks trying to relax and loosen up the shoulder, it get very painful in the evening after 2 'not so painful' days, the cycle repeat. Funny thing is i can really feel the stiffness as if it was 'frozen' in certain part of the shoulder and front chest.

Any way to ease the pain or relief the stiffness?

Bro, my wife used to have. She cannot even lift her left arm above her head at first.

Went for 6 sessions of physio coupled with TCM treatment (acupuncture and cupping) for a few months.

Now okay already 

Wish you a speedy recovery.  [wave]

Ohh yah . . .forget to add. The infra lamp no use one. 

Edited by Count-Bracula
  • Praise 2

I ever had frozen shoulder due to what I’d called “sport injury”, just to make it sounded more glam but I actually got it during mounting of bike onto the roof rack.

Hi Dr @lala81, may I ask how do I differentiate plantar fasciitis and heel spur? Or are they the same?

Just to share.

I got these last time during NS, the following morning after EVERY field exercises. Got it when i walked around in slippers for long hrs too. I thought it was normal until much later in life when someone pointed out that my foot is almost flat. Now I got those orthopaedic shoe insole and it helps reduce such occurences.

Edited by Sotong1977

Bro, my wife used to have. She cannot even lift her left arm above her head at first.

Went for 6 sessions of physio coupled with TCM treatment (acupuncture and cupping) for a few months.

Now okay already

Wish you a speedy recovery. [wave]

going to start physio next week at nuh sport clinic, probably just a few sessions then opt for self exercise at home.

last night was another painful night, only manage to catch some sleep after 3am [sweatdrop]

tried infra lamp before at SGH for my old injury, yah useless one [laugh]

Now okay already 

Wish you a speedy recovery.  [wave]

frozen shoulder usually will settle down in a few months for most folks BUT if u don't do the exercises, your shoulder mobility will be permanently affected after it settles.

That's what the exercises are trying to prevent. Preserve function of the shoulder. That's why none of the frozen shoulder exercises are concentrating on strength. They are there for u to make sure your joint capsule/ligaments/tendons are still stretchable.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

going to start physio next week at nuh sport clinic, probably just a few sessions then opt for self exercise at home.

last night was another painful night, only manage to catch some sleep after 3am [sweatdrop]

My wife and son consulted this experienced TCM practitioner with good results.  If your physio sessions do not help, PM me if you are interested....accupunture/cupping not tuina.

Good luck!

• Praise 2

after watching the TCM video, I just realized that I too have frozen shoulder on my left side.

My left arm can't fold to the back and  point up. But no pain yet on normal activity.

You sounds bad. Hope the physio could help you sort your problem soon.

frozen shoulder usually will settle down in a few months for most folks BUT if u don't do the exercises, your shoulder mobility will be permanently affected after it settles.

That's what the exercises are trying to prevent. Preserve function of the shoulder. That's why none of the frozen shoulder exercises are concentrating on strength. They are there for u to make sure your joint capsule/ligaments/tendons are still stretchable.

This might have explained why my right arm movement is still good but not my left.

After i recovered from FS, my right arm got exercise playing tennis but the left arm is not. so, now the left arm is stuck.

early morning when take shower put the shoulder under the warm shower.....hotter better. Quite relieving......and dont sleep on the affected shoulder, a few times i woke up in excruciating pain and the pain became unbearable when i tried to move.

Forgot to add this...

At the atas hospital, they also used the prickly pulsating device on the FS area before the heat treatment. Useless to say the least.

I have done that also .... that one is more for acute or immediate pain or fresh pain .... that pulse can feel until like heat a little right ?? I have done that at NTF hospital for some other issues like heel pain after marathon ... don’t know if it helped
  • Praise 1

Forgot to add this...

At the atas hospital, they also used the prickly pulsating device on the FS area before the heat treatment. Useless to say the least.

If it's the device I'm thinking of I also had it applied along with heating blankets at NUH for a lower back pain/spine problem.

Waste of time and money.

↡ Advertisement