Frozen shoulder

Jman888

I don't think frozen shoulders are caused by age. I think it's caused by poor posture. Poor spinal posture, shoulders hunching forward and head not align with your shoulders when looking from the side.

Spending too much time with the laptop/computer in the seated position. Actually the chair makes a difference. I threw away all the office chairs and replaced with solid wood chairs found in used furniture shop. Makes so much difference.

Getting your posture right I think will alleviate your pain. I dunno if ah loong is still around. He set my posture back many years ago.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

doc....dont know whether this has to do with each other. A few yrs ago my trigger finger of my right hand became stiff and sore, for a few month cant even bend it properly so cracking the bone for that finger is out of the question. The pain slowly wore off but 2 yrs back the muscle of my forearm....i checked if not wrong it was the extensor carpi radialis brevis, the big muscle just after the elbow ......began to hurt. Cant remember how long the pain lasted but immediately as the pain started to wear off the frozen shoulder started. My trigger finger still has that weird feeling and sometime will twitch involuntarily.

Do you use a lot of mouse and/or smartphone?

It could be caused by this small movement.

• Praise 1

This is a deep tissue stimulator to release myofascial trigger points.

I just do it myself. I knead my own muscles like how you knead bread. Can be painful but very shiok afterwards.

Lot of athletes do massages or use vibrating versions of this to massage their muscles for the same purpose. Deep tissue stimulation

Ya, trigger points massage. When press, pain till cry.

But after that, song song gao jurong. :D

TCM and western go similarity.

I some times use iphone to do the trigger point massage. Just nice.

Do you use a lot of mouse and/or smartphone?

It could be caused by this small movement.

no to both......but i usually sleep on my right side........maybe it excaberated the condition. At one point i was even woken up by the pain when i sleep on the right side or having my right hand under my head while i sleep. Now much better.....but still got moments if i put my right hand under my head, cant even move with the excruciating pain. Got to use my left hand to carry my right hand and move it to a better position and angle.

no to both......but i usually sleep on my right side........maybe it excaberated the condition. At one point i was even woken up by the pain when i sleep on the right side or having my right hand under my head while i sleep. Now much better.....but still got moments if i put my right hand under my head, cant even move with the excruciating pain. Got to use my left hand to carry my right hand and move it to a better position and angle.

You are referring to the frozen shoulder? I read that you can only sleep flat on your back, place a small pillow between the frozen arm and body to leave a gap when you sleep. Kiaping your arm to body too close will 'stick' it back and worsen the condition.

• Praise 1

thanks, then the painkiller probably has anti inflammation.

isn't kinesio tape is to restrict moment? mine think quite restricted liao, i dun even dare to move become a phobia that it will trigger the pain   [laugh]

Top be honest, I don't know if the kinesio tape helps in the healing of my leg, as the healing took damn long. Maybe it just healed naturally.  It's just when I taped it, I feel more confident to run. maybe it's psychological,  just felt it had some protection.

• Praise 2

You are referring to the frozen shoulder? I read that you can only sleep flat on your back, place a small pillow between the frozen arm and body to leave a gap when you sleep. Kiaping your arm to body too close will 'stick' it back and worsen the condition.

My FS was and is due to me sometimes sleeping on my side with the arm I'm sleeping-on higher up than my head, if you see what I mean.

• Praise 1

Seems many people get this now- a-days ..... interesting ..... must be age progressive....but some the degree is small and might just think it’s just a sore pain of sorts and ignore it and might go away and rest becos it affects lifestyle or day to day life have followed up because it messes up sleep or work expectations

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

yes.....its a habit of mine to sleep on my right side. But during sleep i have no control of my movement.....worse is waking flat on my back and my legs crossed at the ankle. This wan will make my heel (the one at the bottom) to be sore. Old people have a lot of aches in the morning.....hahaha
  • Praise 1

yes.....its a habit of mine to sleep on my right side. But during sleep i have no control of my movement.....worse is waking flat on my back and my legs crossed at the ankle. This wan will make my heel (the one at the bottom) to be sore. Old people have a lot of aches in the morning.....hahaha

this belongs in the sleep quality thread leh hahahhaha

this belongs in the sleep quality thread leh hahahhaha

nowadays you got sleep mei?hahaha.....from your graph can see which hr you are busy. Especially this month........tonight and tomorrow i close my windows, which i seldom do...

nowadays you got sleep mei?hahaha.....from your graph can see which hr you are busy. Especially this month........tonight and tomorrow i close my windows, which i seldom do...

• Praise 1

ok i find you....hahaha

yea, sems that my soul wakes up that time...hmmm... @soya la must be

he dreaming of you lar...thats why! What are brothers for? Edited by Eviilusion

Can try this set of exercise.

thanks, i saw that last week and tried the method, it works immediately but the after effect when the pain comes back is double   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop] 

i think the  perpendicular swing quite effective, and not too painful, some recommend holding a weight (1-2 kgs) while swinging, i did that too but also cannot tahan.

thanks, i saw that last week and tried the method, it works immediately but the after effect when the pain comes back is double   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop] 

i think the  perpendicular swing quite effective, and not too painful, some recommend holding a weight (1-2 kgs) while swinging, i did that too but also cannot tahan.

Think you can't do 100% of what he's doing, about 30% ~ 50% first.

Like perpendicular swing, the degree cannot too much but increase slowly.

You got the blockage after doing got double the pain is good, keep doing till one day all pain will go away.

If after doing no pain then that's big problem!

↡ Advertisement