Worth to be a Grab Driver now?

Inlinefour

Wow. That's very little considering no insurance, cpf and career progression.

I read that it was much better when Uber first started. How come there are still so many drivers around?

騎虎難下

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Dont forget also, comparing with working, you have no medical coverage , no CPF from your employer, no annual leaves meaning everyday you stop driving you lose money, no increments, no bonus. It depends on how old you are now and what you want in life in a longer run. There are some who do not like to work under supervision and like to have freedom, then that is a different trade off knowing the pros and cons .

Thanks. Me not young.

If drive, will be pocket money.

9am to 5pm = about 200 to 280 gross earning. Take average about 250 gross. Less 20% = 200 net each day.

So Monday to Friday earn about 1k net.

Sat and sun 7am to 12pm = 5 hrs. = about 120 to 180 gross. Average about 150. 150 deduct 20% commission = 120.

So sat and sun earn about 240 net.

So 1 week about 1240. 4 weeks = 4960.

Incentives I not too sure. Let's say take 50 per week. 4 weeks = 200.

So total 5160. Let's make it 5.2k

So 5.2k you go deduct the petrol, car rental or car installment + maintenance + insurance and road tax.

That will be the final amount you could get back. Proberly yeah close to 2.5k after deduct all the expenses.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Praise 2

Thanks. Me not young.

If drive, will be pocket money.

Thanks for sharing.

good to know. I am not going too. If you are not young, then priority in life is different. Pocket money is good enough, money will never enough. Health and happiness take front seat. Edited by Ct3833

Many phv drivers have full time job, and they drive phv part time, to own a car.  Most are young people who have no family time commitment, and are young and energetic.  One of them told me each day he drives about 3 hours, and longer on Saturday, can cover rental of a mazda3, and still make a bit. The rest should be property agent and tutors.

A few PHV drivers I know are also property agents. 

Neutral Newbie

Anyone has insights on PR applying for PDVL? 

Grab ask me to look for car rental companies that can give me employment letter. - Need pay how much?

Only looking for working as PHV while undergoing degree course.

Any bros does weekday nights and weekend can give estimate income?

Much appreciated 

Abt 40 per day. Cheap la

40 including rs tax, insurance n maintenance le

But Altis FC not good enough la.

Ya, FC is a big concern if average mileage a day is say:

350Km x 26 working days per month = 9100km per month.

Old altis FC from what I know from colleagues and friends who drove that model can average 12km/L.

That means a full time PHV driver can easily spend around 1.2k per month on petrol.

9am to 5pm = about 200 to 280 gross earning. Take average about 250 gross. Less 20% = 200 net each day.

So Monday to Friday earn about 1k net.

Sat and sun 7am to 12pm = 5 hrs. = about 120 to 180 gross. Average about 150. 150 deduct 20% commission = 120.

So sat and sun earn about 240 net.

So 1 week about 1240. 4 weeks = 4960.

Incentives I not too sure. Let's say take 50 per week. 4 weeks = 200.

So total 5160. Let's make it 5.2k

So 5.2k you go deduct the petrol, car rental or car installment + maintenance + insurance and road tax.

That will be the final amount you could get back. Proberly yeah close to 2.5k after deduct all the expenses.

Those who complain 2.5k is too little is missing the point of doing this at all.

The big catch at the end of the day is to be able to have a car at your disposal for the rest of the day to run your errands for yourself or family. I would agree it is pathetic if a PHV driver earns the 2.5k with the working hours and not getting a car for himself.

Think no other job comes close with such fringe benefit. A taxi or delivery van is different category lor.

Those who complain 2.5k is too little is missing the point of doing this at all.

The big catch at the end of the day is to be able to have a car at your disposal for the rest of the day to run your errands for yourself or family. I would agree it is pathetic if a PHV driver earns the 2.5k with the working hours and not getting a car for himself.

Think no other job comes close with such fringe benefit. A taxi or delivery van is different category lor.

But at end of the day where got energy left to enjoy the car, after driving for ten over hours ?

Hypersonic

Anyone has insights on PR applying for PDVL? 

Grab ask me to look for car rental companies that can give me employment letter. - Need pay how much?

Only looking for working as PHV while undergoing degree course.

Any bros does weekday nights and weekend can give estimate income?

Much appreciated 

please don't.  we have enough unsafe phv drivers as it is already

go do waitering or something of that sorts

[lipsrsealed]  :ph34r: 

Anyone using a new Honda Fit for Grab at the moment? 

Saw on their website, car needs to be above 1500cc or something. But got see before Honda Fit with the PHV sticker if i'm not wrong. 

Thanks in advance!

last time attrage 1.2 also can be phv. 

Wow. That's very little considering no insurance, cpf and career progression.

I read that it was much better when Uber first started. How come there are still so many drivers around?

i guess phv drivers give no nuts about career progression but just the daily earnings is all they care. 

some of my friends doing but income not fantastic.. 3k nett no problem with 10hrs driving.. dont forget no CPF.. not as attractive as when they just started.. incentive now reduced after dominating the market..

Neutral Newbie
On 8/31/2018 at 5:11 PM, Inlinefour said:

This is very true cos many people forgotten high mileage car maintenance is costly <_<

Ok how about driving Grab Premium cars

Heard from CSO of Grab that fare is much more higher than normal car [rolleyes]

Anyone doing Conti Grab?

Can share some experience ? [drivingcar]

Thank you 

For normal routine servicing, try buying from stockist and do it in boleh land... 

Example oil filter is ard $5, engine oil from supermarket $25 & labor RM $15 to $20... less than $50 every other month. Can also buy other stuff from stockist for routine servicing such as air filter, air-con filter, spark plug, ignition coil etc.. some can even DIY. This way, can keep the cost low.

• Praise 1

On 9/7/2019 at 11:53 PM, CatBoy said:

For normal routine servicing, try buying from stockist and do it in boleh land... 

Example oil filter is ard $5, engine oil from supermarket $25 & labor RM $15 to $20... less than $50 every other month. Can also buy other stuff from stockist for routine servicing such as air filter, air-con filter, spark plug, ignition coil etc.. some can even DIY. This way, can keep the cost low.

You think Grab / Gojek car rental is free? Go malaysia do, get stuck in jams for hours, worth it? 

Edited by RogerNg_185295
Add words

On 9/7/2019 at 11:53 PM, CatBoy said:

there are already shop in sg doing fully syn servicing 4l for 50 buks.

no point going jb for the same value

• Praise 1

Most of the time all the Grab drivers will be trying very hard to fend of competitor in a saturated market by giving me hundreds of reason to not drive for Grab. Only one uncle said, it is still worth while earning a minimum of 6K per month but you need to manage your time perfectly. He encourages people who find themselves at a dead end job or young adults that are low wage earners e.g. janitor, gardener, odd jobbers, etc as this would increase their  monthly income and also help them in their quality of life. However he doesn't encourage young graduates as their time should be used to accumulate experience rather than driving which to his disappointment is the case as many would want to own a car with some form of subsidy. He also said nowadays Grab office is full of young applicants trying to get a license before the minimum age kicks in. 

5 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

grab driver making $6k a month minimum! kidding who? i suggest those who have a bit of paper qualifications go and find yourself a long term career. If you really make $6k a month as a driver, then very soon you will return the money back to doctors for illnesses resulted from long seating...

6k a month very rare.  Anyone I dun believe also. 

↡ Advertisement