Worth to be a Grab Driver now?

Inlinefour

6K is not take home. Its before any deductions and you have to drive most of the time. Anyway... its what the driver told me, I am just relaying the info. If you are driving maybe you can let us know what to expect. 

Edited by Ichibawa
↡ Advertisement

22 minutes ago, Ichibawa said:

6K is not take home. Its before any deductions and you have to drive most of the time. Anyway... its what the driver told me, I am just relaying the info. If you are driving maybe you can let us know what to expect. 

If it's gross 6k a month,  yep...the figure is more realistic. 

On 8/5/2019 at 8:32 PM, Kusje said:

Wow. That's very little considering no insurance, cpf and career progression.

I read that it was much better when Uber first started. How come there are still so many drivers around?

Retirees and retrenched folks..or no financial burden folks who like to hv freedom..buy med ins will cover some illnesses, daily cough n cold go polyclinic lo

13 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

If it's gross 6k a month,  yep...the figure is more realistic. 

Take home guess abt 3k?

At the end the huat one still Grab/Gojek and rental companies

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Take home guess abt 3k?

At the end the huat one still Grab/Gojek and rental companies

They really huat.  20 per cent commission is a lot.  Take home 3k, minus living expenses etc....Not much left.  With gst set to increase. These  drivers will face more pressure to make a living. 

• Praise 1

On 8/7/2019 at 5:56 PM, DunstableCabs said:
some of my friends doing but income not fantastic.. 3k nett no problem with 10hrs driving.. dont forget no CPF.. not as attractive as when they just started.. incentive now reduced after dominating the market..

Worst is when get involved in an accident, the car has to be sent for repair yet continue to pay for rental while suffering loss of income, dont forget there is a need to pay for excess as well which is higher for PHV I believe.

• Praise 1

38 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Worst is when get involved in an accident, the car has to be sent for repair yet continue to pay for rental while suffering loss of income, dont forget there is a need to pay for excess as well which is higher for PHV I believe.

Vezel excess is 5K...super high

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

still remember not long ago, Uber-Grab rivalry gave so much incentives to PHV drivers that they could earn 7-8k a month???

On 10/26/2019 at 7:52 PM, Inlinefour said:

Average about $30 per hour driving phv

peak hour should have better rate than no peak? is 30 per hour the average ? not sure what would be the net take home, but $30 per hour seems not bad basing on 6 days week of 8 hours each.  I could be wrong as i have never giver  this trade a deeper thoughts about it. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

peak hour should have better rate than no peak? is 30 per hour the average ? not sure what would be the net take home, but $30 per hour seems not bad basing on 6 days week of 8 hours each.  I could be wrong as i have never giver  this trade a deeper thoughts about it. 

I believe $30 is average collection per hour of driving, and its gross collection before deducting cost.

• Praise 3

On a good day, there is no problem with 30 per hour.

But surely on weekdays, you don't really get 30 per hour all the time, in some hours, there can be hardly any passenger and time and petrol are wasted on the road.

• Praise 3

21 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

I believe $30 is average collection per hour of driving, and its gross collection before deducting cost.

During peak hour, rainy weather, or if there are accidents on the road, traffic can be bad, if grab driver pick up a passenger, say 40-45 minutes to reach destination, and to Jurong or town area, most likely unable to pick up any passenger there again and have to move out, and no 30 per hour.  It all depends on luck at times.

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

30 gross taking based on 12 to 15 hours with no off day

now no incentive using attrage 

really very tough

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

read today's zaobao paper. PHV drivers are flowing back to Taxi company....

Taxi rental higher but can take street hail rider

Pros and cons

• Praise 2

15 hours ago, Scion said:

still remember not long ago, Uber-Grab rivalry gave so much incentives to PHV drivers that they could earn 7-8k a month???

That was obviously unsustainable. PHV drivers also knew that.

57 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

Taxi rental higher but can take street hail rider

Pros and cons

Are there many street hail riders these days? I can't remember the last time I hailed a taxi on the street.

Usually only take taxi if I do OT so I'd book the car before heading downstairs.

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Kusje said:

That was obviously unsustainable. PHV drivers also knew that.

i guess it was a hit and run type... good for those who had jobs and took on PHV as part time

but those who were full time PHV (worse, if quit their jobs to be PHV drivers), then they would experience the good times then and the not so good times now

On 8/29/2018 at 12:31 AM, Inlinefour said:

Is he driving Grab Premium?

Higher fare than normal

Wow daily 10 hours with 3k nett is lower than normal cab

Guess many people gave up unless is own car huh

No, just normal grab. 

↡ Advertisement