Worth to be a Grab Driver now?

Inlinefour

On 12/3/2020 at 10:25 PM, Leo72 said:

Own car doing PHV, the car insurance must be using commercial insurance. Commercial insurance is more expensive than normal private car insurance.

yup as listed about 50% +- more

↡ Advertisement

12 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

All reasons to drive Taxi, Grab, GogoVan and LalaMove all legit, whatever the reason, we respect your decision, it hard times ahead and it will continue to do so, the most obvious reason are then I see local pilot taking up hawker job to be an own boss or a cabin crew change line to hospitality, these are the main reason, Survival skills come in, nothing more, so go for it and Im doing the same.

what are you doing, as a part-timer? 

(edited)

https://bit.ly/3kFm6qE

[DollarsAndSense Business] Lessons from the UK Supreme Court – Uber Drivers are Employees/Workers: Patrick Tay

Are Private Hire Car Drivers self-employed or employees?

Edited by zipping

2 hours ago, zipping said:

https://bit.ly/3kFm6qE

[DollarsAndSense Business] Lessons from the UK Supreme Court – Uber Drivers are Employees/Workers: Patrick Tay

Are Private Hire Car Drivers self-employed or employees?

Well, thx for the head-up, it is good to know, however UK law are different from us, more under LTA guidelines and such.

I reckon Grab, Gojek, Taxi & other related private hired drivers are more self-employed whereby G provide rental claim relief and the relief of funds during the phase 2 pandemic and recently petrol tax relief funds to this group of drivers.

We can't comment on UK Supreme court since every countries has their own set of laws to abide with regards to min.wages . there will never be agreed on the lower income min.wage scheme . If we look carefully on classified advertisement under Chauffeur/ drivers job hunt, be expected to work 5.5 days, at least 9-10hrs and expected to work OT . . .  what was the average salary ? a miserable $1.8K-2.2K ... we are not talking about despatch or delivery services here .

With petrol prices rocketing high just after end of CNY 2021, it is very difficult for private hired and taxi deriver to sustain let alone survive the trade.

• Praise 1

I'm 58yrs old ,have decided to quit my job as I'm unable to carry loads. I've decided to be PH driver. I'm in a process of owning a car to do PH.I know the Financial and risk taken is high but have to earn a decent living.Grab is my option to work with and Gojek will be the subsidary.I have driven Taxi before for the past 10yrs and maybe the system have change alot.Anyway,I'm doing GrabHitch lately so on the road is not much an issue.Kindly need some advise from those Experience PH driver or Ex-Driver to share with.Your Advise will be my guideline in my new environment job.Thanks and Regards 😉

On 3/4/2021 at 9:38 AM, Cammys_MR said:

I'm 58yrs old ,have decided to quit my job as I'm unable to carry loads. I've decided to be PH driver. I'm in a process of owning a car to do PH.I know the Financial and risk taken is high but have to earn a decent living.Grab is my option to work with and Gojek will be the subsidary.I have driven Taxi before for the past 10yrs and maybe the system have change alot.Anyway,I'm doing GrabHitch lately so on the road is not much an issue.Kindly need some advise from those Experience PH driver or Ex-Driver to share with.Your Advise will be my guideline in my new environment job.Thanks and Regards 😉

Do consider Ryde and Tada also. The commissions are lower.

Hypersonic
On 3/1/2021 at 8:05 PM, Meanmachine said:

Well, thx for the head-up, it is good to know, however UK law are different from us, more under LTA guidelines and such.

I reckon Grab, Gojek, Taxi & other related private hired drivers are more self-employed whereby G provide rental claim relief and the relief of funds during the phase 2 pandemic and recently petrol tax relief funds to this group of drivers.

We can't comment on UK Supreme court since every countries has their own set of laws to abide with regards to min.wages . there will never be agreed on the lower income min.wage scheme . If we look carefully on classified advertisement under Chauffeur/ drivers job hunt, be expected to work 5.5 days, at least 9-10hrs and expected to work OT . . .  what was the average salary ? a miserable $1.8K-2.2K ... we are not talking about despatch or delivery services here .

With petrol prices rocketing high just after end of CNY 2021, it is very difficult for private hired and taxi deriver to sustain let alone survive the trade.

@Yewheng

@Kb27