Worth to be a Grab Driver now?

Inlinefour

Hmmm...if conti car $4.50 I think can't cover cost  [rolleyes]

B&B car maybe ok but don't think they want to wait and detour    [lipsrsealed]

Cover cost doesn't mean cover all, cover a bit better than nothing. I only take those that is really otw. If need to detour a lot then nvm la, not that gian png.

↡ Advertisement

Yeah i don't take taxi.... 

I only take BMW

Taken today morning:

post-24957-0-88978100-1535698318_thumb.jpg

He is like chok tong.

Car blocked by fallen tree nvm, just get out and walk to the other side of the road. Got another car there waiting for him

Why need to take taxi?

3. The worse bunch are those between 20 to 35, 80% these group of riders are rude. It's ok if you don't or strike a conversation (I don't as well when I'm tired), but at least be polite and thank the driver. 

Some disgusting comments I've received

1. "You drive too slowly." While I was on the expressway driving at normal highway speeds of 80 to 100km/h. 

2. "Why do you let cars into your lane." Answer: I'm driving at normal speeds, I don't want to endanger your life and to keep you safe.

3. "Why do I need to tell you? Don't you know the way?" Answer: I'm a hitch driver, picking you up on my way to another destination, I don't do this for a living.

I've received all of the above just within 25 hitches. Imagine what taxi drivers and grab drivers face on a daily basis.

Yes my most unpleasant rides were by passengers within the 20 - 35 years of age as well.

Not too sure about my comments, I haven't explored how to visit my ratings page  [laugh] 

I believe taxi drivers face the most verbal and mental abuse on a daily basis, tough work.. Kudos!

• Praise 1

If you can get a reliable job, it's better than driving Grab.

Your company also pay your CPF, that's additional money.

If you drive and get into just one accident, a lot of your earnings are wiped out. The risks is very high.

if u r young, it is really better that u try to acquire a skill or get some certifications...one can go for 'upgrading' courses with the certifications and keep up with the changing times...2 cents

• Praise 1

There r some things that most phv drivers missed out. Specially those who bought a new car to drive grab full time

On average a full time grab driver drive 300km per day. So per month is estimate 8000km +-

Which means abt 4months + need to change tyre, and almost every month need to do svc.

Another most important thing is, can ur car drive till 10yrs? Smove cars or taxi, scrapped their cars within 7yrs. If u scrap ur cars within 7yrs, the dep of that car will be higher

So there r many hidden costs. Part time, yes. Full time specially using ur own car. No

This is very true cos many people forgotten high mileage car maintenance is costly <_<

Ok how about driving Grab Premium cars

Heard from CSO of Grab that fare is much more higher than normal car [rolleyes]

Anyone doing Conti Grab?

Can share some experience ? [drivingcar]

Thank you 

I remembered cancelling on a rider as she was 10 mins late. I SMSed the rider that I will be there 5 mins earlier then the waiting time, please be on time. I ended up waiting for an additional 10 mins (total 15 mins) and the rider still didn't turn up. I cancelled and moved off. I remember getting a complain for leaving. I've provided my evidence and since then, no information.

I too remembered a couple of weeks after that, grab sent out an Hitch etiquette email to their users.

I might be generalising here, but I would like to provide my opinion and thoughts (I did around 25 hitches).

1. The older riders (above 40) I pick up, are really very nice. They have good car etiquette, are polite and thankful for the pickup.

2. The young riders (below 40), about 60% have good car etiquette.

3. The worse bunch are those between 20 to 35, 80% these group of riders are rude. It's ok if you don't or strike a conversation (I don't as well when I'm tired), but at least be polite and thank the driver.

Some disgusting comments I've received

1. "You drive too slowly." While I was on the expressway driving at normal highway speeds of 80 to 100km/h.

2. "Why do you let cars into your lane." Answer: I'm driving at normal speeds, I don't want to endanger your life and to keep you safe.

3. "Why do I need to tell you? Don't you know the way?" Answer: I'm a hitch driver, picking you up on my way to another destination, I don't do this for a living.

I've received all of the above just within 25 hitches. Imagine what taxi drivers and grab drivers face on a daily basis.

Wah sad, you generalised my age group
  • Praise 1

Sampan and Grab are similar. 

Except one goes on the road, and the other rows on the boat.

Actually I am referring to CHC guy secretly took sampan out for fishing  [lipsrsealed]

Cover cost doesn't mean cover all, cover a bit better than nothing. I only take those that is really otw. If need to detour a lot then nvm la, not that gian png.

Agree

I also hitch.

My hitch usually $6-$8.

Not worth the hassle if i have to make a slightly longer detour.

But as long as it is convenient and i am not rushing for time.

If timing too tight or just nice, i won't bother hitching.

But so far 9 / 10 are on time.

I usually sms them my arrivals.

If they don't reply, i will sms again to confirm.

otherwise good luck. I cancel.

• Praise 1

if u r young, it is really better that u try to acquire a skill or get some certifications...one can go for 'upgrading' courses with the certifications and keep up with the changing times...2 cents

There is the adapt n grow scheme from the govt. Much better then driving for grab.

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros, 

I'm wondering if its worth it to drive grab premium? Or should I just stick to regular?

Anyone other there have experience with premium? 

• Praise 1

Hi all, 

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but couldn't find any similar. 

Looking for rental lobang currently, dad wants to rent a car. Not too sure what model he wants yet, just wanted to find out what's a rough price range we should be looking at per day? 

Thanks in advance! 

Hi all, 

Looking for rental lobang currently, dad wants to rent a car. Not too sure what model he wants yet, just wanted to find out what's a rough price range we should be looking at per day? 

Thanks in advance! 

My friend rented a jazz/fit for 1150-1200/month and toyota vios for 1250/month, that was the second half of last year. Not too sure if prices have fluctuated much.

Just my 2 cents.

• Praise 2

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Toyota Altis abt $1200/mth

• Praise 3

Thanks guys, 

Just an add on after doing some research of my own for others who might need, 

I think newer cars are at Honda Fit ($50/day), and Shuttle at ($60/day) thereabouts, based on three companies I enquired. 

• Praise 4