Any groomer measures top coat ?

Golf7roy

from my noob knowledge,

if u want a nice finish, you need to cut/polish away the imperfect surface of the top coat/clear coat to reveal a nice smooth layer. 

but that means some places may over polish and reduce your top coat thickness.

so is there any groomers that focus on top coat measurements so as to minimize the cutting depth?

↡ Advertisement

from my noob knowledge,

if u want a nice finish, you need to cut/polish away the imperfect surface of the top coat/clear coat to reveal a nice smooth layer. 

so is there any groomers that focus on top coat measurements so as to minimize the cutting depth?

Are there equipment to measure these kinda minute thickness difference?? Even if there is, don't think its cheap and easily available. for the span of 10yrs, I would personally think the thickness difference won't add up to even 0.5mm.. Are you really so particular?

when i took my honda to the groomer, he said paint correction cannot do so many times on the honda. machine i think there is. 

from my noob knowledge,

I have a paint thickness gauge which can only tell the paint thickness. I don't think there is any measuring equipment to measure the clearcoat thickness. Further to that the clearcoat are premix together with paint and then spray on. Unlike those spray can paint which we sprayed additional coat of laquer after paint.

But one thing for sure all Japanese cars have the same thickness of paint. I can only say maybe certain make has a softer clearcoat but that doesn't mean we can't cut more if is soft.

I could be wrong..Maybe professional painter can share more with you.

post-4553-0-91462900-1535539068_thumb.jpg

Are there equipment to measure these kinda minute thickness difference?? Even if there is, don't think its cheap and easily available. for the span of 10yrs, I would personally think the thickness difference won't add up to even 0.5mm.. Are you really so particular?

Yes not cheap.. think I got it at 1k if I remember. These are the better ones which comes with a calibration block.. my friend always borrow when they are buying 2nd hand cars. I can tell if it has been resprayed or factory paint. Edited by Maddriver
  • Praise 2

Yes not cheap.. think I got it at 1k if I remember. These are the better ones which comes with a calibration block.. my friend always borrow when they are buying 2nd hand cars. I can tell if it has been resprayed or factory paint.

Suddenly I want to be your friend also! Can?

Suddenly I want to be your friend also! Can?

Muahaha.. sure

Anyway many say conti has thicker paint.. hmmm.. I measured and is the other way round. Probably harder clearcoat.

Edited by Maddriver

Muahaha.. sure

Actually hor, I want to take your device go all the Audi Kia Mercedes Honda etc etc showroom and compare their paint thickness.... you done that before?

Actually hor, I want to take your device go all the Audi Kia Mercedes Honda etc etc showroom and compare their paint thickness.... you done that before?

Swee.. Pls measure Honda's. I feel their paint work very thin.. A bit annoying..
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1