2017 Mercedes Benz X Class

Carbon82

Over here, you still have the option of Merc X or Ford Ranger raptor.

Ford Ranger Raptor.  Bi-turbo.  213hp with 500NM torque.

To me this is way overkill to buy over here. Not practical even can afford it.

In other countries with vast land then can unleash true potential.

↡ Advertisement

To me this is way overkill to buy over here. Not practical even can afford it.

In other countries with vast land then can unleash true potential.

Porky, Ferrari, Lambo, Mclaren also overkill here.

Porky, Ferrari, Lambo, Mclaren also overkill here.

You are very good with words.  :a-m1212:

Just read that in UK it is sold at similar price as Mercedes C class. If I am rich enough to be able to choose between these 2 rides, think I will take C class without any hesitation unless I live in countries that allows great outdoor.

Also read that this pickup will not be sold in US, and it is classified as a mid-size pickup vs a full-size pickup like F150 Raptor.

And it is actually based on a Nissan pickup, the Navara, which cheapens it a little bit.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mercedes-benz-pickup-truck-x-class-america-2017-7/?IR=T

I stumbled upon X250d at Ling Kee.

I viewed it inside out.

Electric seat with half leather half clothes.

Price is the same as C180 from C&C.

post-16870-0-81937300-1540973892_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

I stumbled upon X250d at Ling Kee.

I viewed it inside out.

Electric seat with half leather half clothes.

Price is the same as C180 from C&C.

WoW kereta dan kopi asking almost 200 for this man  [dizzy]

Sibay scary price but really Swee Swee  [thumbsup]

Commercial plate only right? [knife]

WoW kereta dan kopi asking almost 200 for this man  [dizzy]

Sibay scary price but really Swee Swee  [thumbsup]

Commercial plate only right? [knife]

Yup.

There are 2 con:

1. Backseat is narrow as compared to Hilux and Triton;

2. Cargo bed don't have bedlining unlike Hilux and Triton.

Mercedes-Benz X-Class Pickup Dead Already: Report

mercedes-benz_x-klasse_power_5.jpg

The Mercedes X-Class pickup truck was introduced as a luxurious option for those looking for a comfortable daily driver paired with the capability of a truck bed. There was just one problem—Mercedes doesn’t sell it in America, sales in Europe are bad, and now the Merc truck is probably already dead.

Automotive News Europe, citing anonymous sources “at the automaker,” is reporting that the X-Class pickup will soon be dropped from the lineup as Mercedes parent company Daimler is looking to cut costs as it continuously cuts its profit forecasts over emissions regulations and recalls.

And the X-Class is a prime target for cost cutting, because its sales are pretty terrible.

Mercedes launched the model in 2017, aiming to give its light commercial vehicles division a more diversified sales footprint by entering the booming global segment of midsize pickups.

But only 16,700 units of the X class were sold last year in Europe, Australia and South Africa. The U.S., where demand is mainly for full-size pickups, was ruled out as a market.

Right from the start, the X class was unable to live up to expectations. Its price, starting at 37,294 euros in Germany, was too high. Competition is fierce in its segment, in which VW Amarok and Ford Ranger also compete.

The Mercedes X-Class had more European market share in 2018 than the Renault Alaskan, with which it shares its platform, but only about a quarter of the market share of the Nissan Navaro which also rides on the same platform.

Perhaps the X-Class just wasn’t luxurious enough, with the automaker simply throwing in its common tack-on tablet infotainment screen, x-pattern air vents, optional leather seats and infotainment control dial to an otherwise spartan work truck interior from the Nissan it was based on.

It neither had the rugged charm of the G-Class, nor the high quality refinement and materials of something like the GLS SUV. From there, the math isn’t that hard.
  • Praise 5

X-Class in Hermes

A Limited Edition created especially for yachting enthusiasts who prioritise luxury. It is a perfectly balanced combination of a functional pickup truck with marine design and perfect trim.

The conversion features a body kit painted to match the body colour, equipped with carbon elements, the Maybach S650 Coupé wheels, a teak tonneau, and body styling stickers.

The new, luxury interior of the vehicle has been made of original nappa Porzellan Full Grain leather – a highly desired automotive material – as well as Alcantara® or exotic wood and decorated with embroidered and embossed motifs.

The steering wheel has been reshaped, and its upper and lower parts have been made of exotic wood. It has also been trimmed with exclusive nappa Porzellan leather and brown Alcantara®.

Mercedes-X-Class-1.jpg

MERCEDES_XCLASS_EXY_YACHTING_STYLING_PAC

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7