Why did you chose you current HDB flat ?

Ysc3

That's what I have been trying to tell her... But she seems to be living in her own world... Maybe self denial ??

It is first time balloting for a hdb flat? Thats why she is still hoping for a miracle? 

Anyway, tampines not easy to get unless you are very lucky. Try balloting for a flat in yishun, chances higher? Lol.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement

It is first time balloting for a hdb flat? Thats why she is still hoping for a miracle? 

blind faith.

actually I was quite surprised at the number of available SBF flats in Tampines during the last sales launch … got one unit just a few floors below my friend who got his bto in his first application also !

But my wife don't want … keep saying her prayers will help us get the new BTO near MRT … but turns out her prayers not strong enough. [hur]  :XD:

Your wife is right. proximity to MRT is a huge factor. Everyone will think so. 

Your wife is right. proximity to MRT is a huge factor. Everyone will think so. 

Plus covered walk way! 

Better chop, chop, get tampines now.  Once ah Heng is knighted as PM, I'm sure tampines will be one of the most sought after neighbourhoods.   [:p]

My experience is as such -

Background: I was part of the RC in my area. My father is of the grassroots.

Balloting duration: 6 years

Process:

First ballot - Dawson. Queue no. 700+. Balloting for 5 Room.

Result - Failed (HDB SMSed to inform I wasn't able to go for selection cos oversubscribed)

The turn of events happened 2 weeks before the selection of flats at Dawson. I received the HDB big envelope package to select 5 room flat units at Dawson! My queue no is now 100+.

So I thought, heng ah. Fast forward to 1 week before the selection date. HDB SMSed me again to inform all units taken up, so I no need to go down again.

Second ballot - Queue no. 1000+

Third Ballot - exceed queue no.

Fourth Ballot - exceed queue no.

Fifth ballot - exceed queue no.

Sixth ballot - exceed queue no.

So, having believed that with every failed ballot, we should be getting closer to getting a flat, whatever was happening to us, didn't seem right.

Wife and I made the decision to approach her area MP (SKP) at the MPS. Went in, told him what has been happening for the past 6 years. He said he will help us by writing a letter.

We received his letter the next day. It read "Couple cannot get flat. Please assist."

Pissed off right? My wife, took that 'letter' and CC-ed to all the management of HDB, including CEO, Mah Bow Tan (I think it was still him), LHL and attention the email to SKP, thanking him for his effort in writing that 'letter'. Then, she listed down all the problems we faced again and mentioned that maybe we should highlight our plight in the media. The underlying trend then was couple annulling their marriage or given up their engagements because of these balloting for flat issues.

Next day, received an email from HDB, asked us to ballot for the next release at Punggol, or risk having our balloting chances reduced drastically, because it would mean that we had given up the chance to select the unit at this release.

LL loh. Put our names in for the ballot. Received queue no. 400+, for four room units. At HDB, we waited and waited, as the high floors were all taken up. When it was finally our turn, we had a choice of selected units on the 4th, 5th and 2nd floor.

So, we didn't really choose our HDB flat. It kinda chose us.

And no.  Grassroots doesn't necessarily mean higher chances.

I balloted for dawson also in 2010 period. Think twice, one got 1000+, one got ineligible

Balloted for sales of balance flat at clementi, i think oversubscribed 20:1

Got 200+ queue number for my BTO.

Now staying in 4-6th floor.

My experience is as such -

Background: I was part of the RC in my area. My father is of the grassroots.

Balloting duration: 6 years

Process:

First ballot - Dawson. Queue no. 700+. Balloting for 5 Room.

Result - Failed (HDB SMSed to inform I wasn't able to go for selection cos oversubscribed)

The turn of events happened 2 weeks before the selection of flats at Dawson. I received the HDB big envelope package to select 5 room flat units at Dawson! My queue no is now 100+.

So I thought, heng ah. Fast forward to 1 week before the selection date. HDB SMSed me again to inform all units taken up, so I no need to go down again.

Second ballot - Queue no. 1000+

Third Ballot - exceed queue no.

Fourth Ballot - exceed queue no.

Fifth ballot - exceed queue no.

Sixth ballot - exceed queue no.

So, having believed that with every failed ballot, we should be getting closer to getting a flat, whatever was happening to us, didn't seem right.

Wife and I made the decision to approach her area MP (SKP) at the MPS. Went in, told him what has been happening for the past 6 years. He said he will help us by writing a letter.

We received his letter the next day. It read "Couple cannot get flat. Please assist."

Pissed off right? My wife, took that 'letter' and CC-ed to all the management of HDB, including CEO, Mah Bow Tan (I think it was still him), LHL and attention the email to SKP, thanking him for his effort in writing that 'letter'. Then, she listed down all the problems we faced again and mentioned that maybe we should highlight our plight in the media. The underlying trend then was couple annulling their marriage or given up their engagements because of these balloting for flat issues.

Next day, received an email from HDB, asked us to ballot for the next release at Punggol, or risk having our balloting chances reduced drastically, because it would mean that we had given up the chance to select the unit at this release.

LL loh. Put our names in for the ballot. Received queue no. 400+, for four room units. At HDB, we waited and waited, as the high floors were all taken up. When it was finally our turn, we had a choice of selected units on the 4th, 5th and 2nd floor.

So, we didn't really choose our HDB flat. It kinda chose us.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

I balloted for dawson also in 2010 period. Think twice, one got 1000+, one got ineligible

Must be you lah! I also ballot for balance flats at Clementi. hahahah!

:a-fun::XD:

I also didn't get. U got punggol, i also got boondocks (but near my in-laws)  [laugh]

For all you know, you were seated next to each other texting, "^@$#*!%! Stupid ballot"  [laugh]

If apply for flats in popular location really depends luck de, like buying 4D lo. Think nothing to do if you are RC member, stay near parents, first timer etc. If people really interested in staying popular location and yet no luck on bto, then the only way is to buy resale in that area but with a higher premium, no choice.

• Praise 1

Clementi balance flat will cost $500K+ for 4 rm.

Clementi balance flat will cost $500K+ for 4 rm.

This one was for the BTO above clementi mall. So i think that time was about 550k-575k for the few balance 5-room flats available in 2010.

Right now it's worth 900+k  -_-

Dawson also another one. That one even higher 600+k.

But dawson the 5 room flats i think (or it could be clementi heights), that the 5 room is smaller by 10 sqm compared to the usual 112 sqm nowadays.

Edited by Lala81

when my father was in the RC, they received a memo telling them that there were some reserved units at the new flats around our place (at discounted price also).

but my father already used up his two priority ques to buy our present and previous flat already … so no chance liow.

so basically, you still have to ballot among the RC backed applicants … if never get, really salty lor …

but my cousin got her flat in Dawson on first try with her husband - both first timers without backing (kid was on the way then).

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

We were fortunate when we went for balloting for flats at bukit merah in 2003.

Market was bad and younger applicants were perhaps less gongho. We managed to pick a unit on very high floor (1 unit on top-floor was also available but we didn't pick that one cos next door neighbour was messy). It took another 3 years before all the units in that few blocks were fully sold. We wanted a 4 room flat but demand was stronger, so we picked a 5 room unit.

• Praise 1

Chose it because of good location, close to amenities, close to parents.. 

But thanks to HDB and URA, once an unblocked view is now a sea of blocks..