Why did you chose you current HDB flat ?

Ysc3

Reading through the latest pages of this thread reminds me of my successful SBF (Sale of Balance Flats) exercise recently.

I entered the Nov 2018 SBF exercise hoping to get a BTO which is scheduled to be ready sometime in 2020/2021. Applying a BTO-BTO wasnt the choice for me as I would only be able to get my keys around 2023. As I needed to collect my keys around 2020/2021, SBF-BTO was the way to go for me.

I applied under the Married Child Parent Scheme (MCPS) and was lucky enough to obtain queue position number 1* out of 77 units of flats on offer. Based on some of the posts listed above, yes, the estate and room type will have to be selected during the application of the SBF exercise. For example, if I have opted for a 5-room SBF unit in Sengkang, in relation to my case, it would mean that I can pick 1 among the 77 5-room units in Sengkang and I am number 1* in the queue.

I have been monitoring the SBF and Re-offer of Balance Flats (ROF) exercises since early 2018 hoping to get a BTO of my choice (estate, number of rooms, price and completion date were my considerations). The first few exercises were a bit demoralizing as none matched my requirements. Only the ones listed in SBF Nov 2018 caught my eye and here I am waiting to sign the agreement for lease. 

Fyi, SBF and ROF are launched together with fresh BTO exercises every 3 or 4 months. SBF and ROF will be launched alternately. For example, as May 2019 compromises of BTO + SBF exercise, Sep 2019 will compromise of BTO + ROF exercise.

Hope I have cleared a doubt or 2 for those who are currently going through this journey.

Happy selecting!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Best of luck in getting your choice unit.

We were 03 in the queue and there was one and only unit my wife and I like among albeit many other choices. We were praying hard while we waited behind those two in front of us at the counters...when we heard them stated other districts from ours...butterfly in the belly lol liao.

Lucky you la.  [thumbsup]

Twincharged

SOB (Sales of Balance) - Need to indicate which location you are interested.

ROF (Re-offer SOB) - Can choose any unit at any location once you are allocated. 

finally …. its going to be out on 18 Jun !

but its not literally any location … probably its what they really cannot sell, then they lelong.

first up are 123 units in both mature and non-mature estates … but no Tampines !!

so my application is still in the run for july …. :a-happy:

finally …. its going to be out on 18 Jun !

but its not literally any location … probably its what they really cannot sell, then they lelong.

first up are 123 units in both mature and non-mature estates … but no Tampines !!

so my application is still in the run for july …. :a-happy:

Yes saw the opening on midnight.

Seems like the locations are all pricing above 400K.

good luck to those trying.

Some of these flats for sales of balance exercise are almost completed or halfway done.

Hence, the prices are higher than when originally launched. Not fair it may seem as they are left overs n u pay more but I suppose u can’t really compare as waiting time to completion is much shorter n as we all know time is money. This more for those who need a flat quicker n don’t mind paying premium.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

Available units left for various location so little, difficult to fight with other applicants lo. Lol.

like what I said, I am guessing these must be the very very left overs … push out under a different name …

lucky tampines not on the list … so I no need to twee.

Supersonic

like what I said, I am guessing these must be the very very left overs … push out under a different name …

lucky tampines not on the list … so I no need to twee.

You die die must buy tampines only ah?  [:p]

Twincharged
(edited)

You die die must buy tampines only ah? [:p]

Yes.

From simei(parents), moved to tampines(resale), now apply for new bto in tampines also(second time liow)

Funny thing...I am actually very close to back where I grew up 40+ years ago, before the area was developed.

Edited by Ysc3

Supersonic

Yes.

From simei(parents), moved to tampines(resale), now apply for new bto in tampines also(second time liow)

Funny thing...I am actually very close to back where I grew up 40+ years ago, before the area was developed.

Actually if want to stay near simei and want to buy new bto, think the only area available which is now building new bto is tampines. Dont think simei and pasir ris have new bto project?! Bedok have some new bto but consider much further down from simei liao.

Twincharged
(edited)

Actually if want to stay near simei and want to buy new bto, think the only area available which is now building new bto is tampines. Dont think simei and pasir ris have new bto project?! Bedok have some new bto but consider much further down from simei liao.

I am trying for the May SBF ...results will be out in July only... For those in st61 ... Coz want to make use of the stay near parents subsidy. Edited by Ysc3

Supersonic

I am trying for the May SBF ...results will be out in July only... For those in st61 ... Coz want to make use of the stay near parents subsidy.

So the result for the block that your friend got right?!  [:p]

Twincharged

So the result for the block that your friend got right?! [:p]

Yup....applying for the block opposite his. Five years ago i wanted apply for the same project... But my wife have not got pr yet.. So cannot apply.

Now 7788 already... See can get it not.

Supersonic
(edited)

Yup....applying for the block opposite his. Five years ago i wanted apply for the same project... But my wife have not got pr yet.. So cannot apply.

Now 7788 already... See can get it not.

Good luck in getting a good queue number.  ^_^

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1