Why did you chose you current HDB flat ?

Ysc3

So cannot escape from those substation.

If directly beside the substation then try to get higher units lor.. It helps as the distance gets further.

↡ Advertisement

If directly beside the substation then try to get higher units lor.. It helps as the distance gets further.

If the cluster of flats not say many, then the chances of nearing the substation is high. Like you said, only thing to do is get higher units. Car parked near the substation have any problem ah?

Edited by 13177

If the cluster of flats not say many, then the chances of nearing the substation is high. Like you said, only thing to do is get higher units. Car parked near the substation have any problem ah?

Cars shouldn't be affected much against EMF.. But referring to an older thread, hybrid cars with batteries all around is something I would avoid totally.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2703717-dangers-of-emf-from-hybrid-battery/

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Actually you can check out the layout of the cluster that you can choose. And can check online if the unit still available or not during the selection process for all the blocks in the cluster.

so the selection and reservation is via online selection ? no need to go down personally to look see look see and then reserve on the spot ?

once you book online then its confirmed liow ? HDB cannot give to other ppl already ?

but by looking online, will they indicate corner or whatever location is the unit ?

Edited by Ysc3

so the selection and reservation is via online selection ? no need to go down personally to look see look see and then reserve on the spot ?

once you book online then its confirmed liow ? HDB cannot give to other ppl already ?

but by looking online, will they indicate corner or whatever location is the unit ?

You can check availability online before you go down. But whoever is queued ahead of you can still choose the unit.

So you should check avails, select and list down 5-20 that you want (by priority) then when you go down to do the selection, just go down your list until they have something available.

• Praise 3

You need to go down to HDB on your actual day to select your flat. But you should check availability of the flats and also the process of the selection before the actual appointment.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

What about the stack no.? ( # ) after choosing the level

How do one know how to count that there is NO #14 ?

For chinese race, many would avoid level 4 ? are U pantang ?

so the selection and reservation is via online selection ? no need to go down personally to look see look see and then reserve on the spot ?

Once the unit selection process, Hdb Everyday they will update online which units are available. So usually you will get a hard copy of all the units and prices and the stacks. So I just use pen and strike off the units one by one over the few days or weeks until your appointment.

Online also have the information but I find it easier to look on hard copy. Especially if someone bought stack A 8th level but didn't buy same stack 9th floor.

So while you wait for your appointment based on your queue no, you evaluate what options are left on that day. Prior night will be most of final elimination. So usually narrow down to final two or three list in case you are not the first case of the day.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

For me, I try to choose a high floor corner unit, kitchen/yard where I hang clothes should have access to sunshine, and the whole place needs to be bright.

Best if the living room and bedrooms are unblocked.

Near staircase or lift doesn't matter to me.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

For me, I try to choose a high floor corner unit, kitchen/yard where I hang clothes should have access to sunshine, and the whole place needs to be bright.

now buyers will have choices between open concept kitchen and walled kitchen. 

House must be bright, no matter which part of the house. By right high floor unit would be brighter than lower floor unit, even the brightness at the corridor outside your house also would get affected by the level.

If you want a unit which is unblocked, usually the facing would be some road. Since the layout of bto nowadays all either face road or very close to other blocks. Old flats still might have chance to find unblocked unit or opposite block further away from your block.

Edited by 13177

Turbocharged

Most times, units near the stairs always get new paint job outside the unit due to the behavior of your neighbors. Not your business but still kanna.

Actually you can check out the layout of the cluster that you can choose. And can check online if the unit still available or not during the selection process for all the blocks in the cluster.

If your unit facing a big drainage, wouldnt it be quite noisy during raining? I remember last time stay in one hdb flat before, my block infront was a big longkang, during raining day could hear the water flowing down the longkang very loud.

Not really. Maybe im on mid floor and sound of the rain will drown the sound of the flowing water.

Its quite scary sometime to see the water almost full to the banks. Our drainage system is quite good actually.

Not really. Maybe im on mid floor and sound of the rain will drown the sound of the flowing water.

Its quite scary sometime to see the water almost full to the banks. Our drainage system is quite good actually.

I was staying on the mid floor as well but could hear the flowing water very loud. Indeed quite scary to see the water almost full on the longkang.

• Praise 1

depends on the land constraints. If u have a completely new BTO estate being built not surrounded by other older blocks, usually can get some with nicer views. My estate was surrounded by other much older blocks and the main road. So choice was quite limited. 

Non mature estate, some of the views can be decent. But of course maybe blocked in future by other developments.

Agree with you. I visited one unit recently at Sumang Walk, on the 10th level. Very good unobstructed river view!

sorry for wasting everyone's time replying to this thread ....

just received an email from HDB telling me to "tan ku ku" ...

Edited by Ysc3

You didnt manage to get a queue number ah? Try your luck again next time lo.

There should be plenty of chances in 2019.
↡ Advertisement