Cannot invest CPF SA anymore ?

Ysc3

just now i was in Toa Payoh central when i was waylaid by an AIA agent having their road show.

to cut to the chase, he told me that from middle of Sep 18, we cannot use the CPF SA to invest anymore ... is this true ?

↡ Advertisement

Finally my insurance agent got back to me... Seems like you can still invest your cpf....but you have to diy already as agents are nolonger allowed to do so.... As they are not going to be paid to do so anymore.

Edited by Ysc3

I don't touch my CPF.

OA is for housing. SA is just too good to touch.

U could use some of it to buy stocks/ETFs etc but i got burnt when i was young. And buying the STI ETF maybe not give u good enough returns vs risk free OA returns.

SA pays 4%, risk-free and capital guarantee.

Personally, I rather leave it as it is.

yeah.

• Praise 1

Finally my insurance agent got back to me... Seems like you can still invest your cpf....but you have to diy already as agents are nolonger allowed to do so.... As they are not going to be paid to do so anymore.

Our government so nice, help stop gullible people from Being con by insurance agent

• Praise 1

I don't touch my CPF.

OA is for housing. SA is just too good to touch.

U could use some of it to buy stocks/ETFs etc but i got burnt when i was young. And buying the STI ETF maybe not give u good enough returns vs risk free OA returns.

yeah.

wah ... my friend just told me ... he bought the 5rm BTO ... listed is 430k  ... but plus this fee that fee, also end up 470k !! but after deducting his CPF ... still got cash after selling his old flat.

Edited by Ysc3

wah ... my friend just told me ... he bought the 5rm BTO ... listed is 430k  ... but plus this fee that fee, also end up 470k !! but after deducting his CPF ... still got cash after selling his old flat.

stamp duty and lawyer fee.

U bought a flat before right. should know all these stuff. 

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/finance/costs-and-fees

stamp duty and lawyer fee.

U bought a flat before right. should know all these stuff. 

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/finance/costs-and-fees

i only paid about $4k cash when i bought my resale unit .... now i hear 40k ... i am like  :dizzy:

this is going to be a new experience for me ...

Edited by Ysc3

i only paid about $4k cash when i bought my resale unit .... now i hear 40k ... i am like :dizzy:

this is going to be a new experience for me ...

I think your friend exaggerated. He probably added in other stuff eg flooring or other options.

40k is 9+% of 430k.

Your legal fees plus stamp duty is no where close.

I think your friend exaggerated. He probably added in other stuff eg flooring or other options.

40k is 9+% of 430k.

Agreed... 40k for legal fees and stamp duty on a 430k HDB sound

• Praise 2

40k is 9+% of 430k.

maybe  ... i also never ask him for breakdown .... he just told me this was total he will pay to HDB.

anyway, i am going to jot down my journey to my new flat (hopefully i get it for the Nov sales) and then put it up ... but this is going to be a long story ... hahhaaha

ok what ... ownself pay ownself ... [thumbsup]

the scary part is walk into negative teritory

sales proceed is less than cpf widthdrawal + accrued interest

then become ownself owe ownself ... [laugh]

Don't be too happy to use CPF for housing. You need to pay yourself interest for using your own money. 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1