Makan in Thailand

steveluv

Supercharged
6 minutes ago, steveluv said:

Friday morning preparing my breakfast

Breakfast ready

Wah .. you anyhow throw the coriander on the fish also so "zhun" one ah! All well spaced out like measured with ruler like dat! Ha ha .. 👍

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Ckll said:

Wah .. you anyhow throw the coriander on the fish also so "zhun" one ah! All well spaced out like measured with ruler like dat! Ha ha .. 👍

Practice makes perfect lol. Thanks.

• Haha! 2

Bro Steve,

From the way you handle the pot and pan and using the tong to stir fry can tell you're a foodie. looks and taste nice. Its the same way I cook my porridge, watery watery best. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

Bro Steve,

From the way you handle the pot and pan and using the tong to stir fry can tell you're a foodie. looks and taste nice. Its the same way I cook my porridge, watery watery best. [thumbsup]

Love to cook because it help me to destress. But due to time limitation I wish I could cook more. Yes watery porridge is the best if got "new" rice even more better that has to wait for Nov/Dec period harvest time.

Twincharged

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-extends-state-of-emergency-until-end-of-june/

Thailand extends state of emergency until end of June
May 22, 2020

000_1S06QM.jpg
Pedestrians walk on the main street of Chinatown after the Thai government relaxed measures to combat the spread of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, in Bangkok on May 21, 2020. – Thailand continued easing restrictions related to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus on May 17 by allowing various businesses to reopen, but warned that the stricter measures would be re-imposed should cases increase again. (Photo by Mladen ANTONOV / AFP)

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has endorsed the proposal of the National Security Council to extend the country’s current state of emergency until the end of June, as the country recorded no new infections or fatalities today.

CCSA spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin said at the daily news briefing that the CCSA meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, agreed with the extension of the emergency decree on the grounds of health security, citing the need for the special law to ensure the unified and speedy operations of all agencies concerned in the collective fight against the deadly virus.

He explained that the Communicable Disease Control Act, although empowering officials to adopt measures to curb the spread of infectious diseases, is not enough to cover all necessary preventive aspects.

Another reason for the extension of the emergency decree, said Dr. Taweesin, is that, as Thailand is approaching the third and fourth phases of the relaxation of lockdown restrictions, on business activities which are regarded as being at a higher risk of disease transmission, it is necessary to ensure a balance between vigilance and the easing restrictions in a way which will not lead to a second wave of infections.

Dr. Taweesin said the third reason cited by the CCSA for the extension is that Thailand is still at risk from the contagion,because it is still spreading in many other countries, and a workable vaccine is still at least a year away.

“We are not out of danger yet.  We are in the second phase of lockdown relaxation.  If we do not have the emergency decree, what will happen?” he asked, as he insisted that the special law is just one of the tools invoked to curb the spread of the virus.

He hinted, however, that the next CCSA meeting will discuss the 11pm-4am curfew, which may be further relaxed to provide greater freedom of movement for working people.

According to the CCSA, accumulated infections in Thailand are 3,037, with 2,910 recoveries, 56 fatalities and 71 still in hospital.

Dr. Taweesin did, however, say that there are two suspected cases awaiting test results. They are returnees from Egypt and India who are currently in state quarantine.

Between May 8th and May 21st, there were 15 infections among those in state quarantine after returning from abroad.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Meanmachine said:

I had the same meal this afternoon lunch cooked myself. Muahahaha ! ( used baby prawns ) instead of sotong 

I usually fry vegetables with prawns or crispy lard with salted fish but today I used sotong because have leftover from my hokkien mee (Sunday). This is my hokkien mee

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, Dleodleo said:

Ya lor.  I watched Roger Wu's youtube, In Bangkok, restaurants have been putting up plastic shields between tables to protect their patrons. 

All shoppers are to santise their shoes and hands before entering the malls.

Chairs are arranged 1m × 1m apart for shoppers to rest during shopping.

I think one factor is cos of the "military" government in place. So all of them no choice but to follow. The current government is very effective in enforcement just like SG in the 80's and 90's.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

This is amazing, recently installed 7-Eleven vending machine. Bought an egg for lunch yesterday.

• Praise 8

5 minutes ago, steveluv said:

This is amazing, recently installed 7-Eleven vending machine. Bought an egg for lunch yesterday.

My wife and I love the sandwiches from 7-11. So cheap and jin ho jiak. Especially the tuna one. Sadly only available in Thailand.

Comes in packaging like this :

000E45C4C965BA88DBE95Fj.jpg

https://my.openrice.com/en/klangvalley/article/sawadeeka-thailand-7-elevens-top-10-must-buy-food-products-a2233

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, steveluv said:

An egg is enuff? 😅😂

Looks yummy with slightly runny yolk.

Lift-styled collection is different from the ones here which is like taking bungee jump "without spring back" 😅😂😂

Thanks for sharing. Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, PSP415 said:

An egg is enuff? 😅😂

Looks yummy with slightly runny yolk.

Lift-styled collection is different from the ones here which is like taking bungee jump "without spring back" 😅😂😂

Thanks for sharing. Stay safe 

Cheers 

One egg to tahan first. 3pm went to Italian restaurant makan until almost 10pm 😂😂😂

Thanks you take good care too.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Adrianli said:

My wife and I love the sandwiches from 7-11. So cheap and jin ho jiak. Especially the tuna one. Sadly only available in Thailand.

https://my.openrice.com/en/klangvalley/article/sawadeeka-thailand-7-elevens-top-10-must-buy-food-products-a2233

I like their wide selection of sandwiches and burgers. Easy meal if on the road for most of the day.

I prefer those "croissant" sandwiches that are toasted. Esp the ham and cheese or the shredded pork with salad cream [bounce2]  A

24230392_711.thumb.jpeg.bfc2ab75a18cace60142b7a8f5c09920.jpeg

Can add on a banana if didn't buy any fm the talad (market)

banana.thumb.jpeg.787b13da887616a6f7f4ed0c42f4e95c.jpeg

But sometimes need a treat if it's a long and hot day [:)]

1174678998_icecream.thumb.jpeg.315b6bb477413ed206f6793811cef70f.jpeg

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, steveluv said:

i'm curious as to where these vending machines are placed. In condos/malls? or along the street. I thought 7-11 stores were ubiquitous in Thai.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
3 hours ago, Shibadog said:

i'm curious as to where these vending machines are placed. In condos/malls? or along the street. I thought 7-11 stores were ubiquitous in Thai.

This particular machine is in the factory that I am working in where the office is too. So any staff like myself can can go buy. Some items like ready packed rice and noodles will require microwaving in my office pantry or factory canteen. It seem that the machine is maintained buy 7-Eleven staff from a nearby 7-Eleven store (less than a kilometer away. I have seen such machines at condominiums and apartment blocks although may not be the 7-Eleven brand. Indeed 7-Eleven stores are everywhere.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
38 minutes ago, steveluv said:

This particular machine is in the factory that I am working in where the office is too. So any staff like myself can can go buy. Some items like ready packed rice and noodles will require microwaving in my office pantry or factory canteen. It seem that the machine is maintained buy 7-Eleven staff from a nearby 7-Eleven store (less than a kilometer away. I have seen such machines at condominiums and apartment blocks although may not be the 7-Eleven brand. Indeed 7-Eleven stores are everywhere.

ah ok makes sense. I was wondering abt the microwave part :D

• Praise 1

Twincharged

2 weeks ago fried Hokkien sotong noodle turned out to be pretty good was free yesterday so I fried again

Ingredient
zmLrKXN.jpg

Prawn, pork belly, sotong
qjYx0XI.jpg

Beehoon and mee (Thailand don't have the thicker beehoon)
fO5kRRz.jpg

Gu chai, eggs, home made sambal chili, home made lard, garlic
L0o9RY2.jpg

Finally
l584m9O.jpg

JHxPUNw.jpg

The result

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8