Makan in Thailand

steveluv

(edited)
29 minutes ago, steveluv said:

Covid New Cases in Thailand today, big jump in new cases, really worrisome.

Total 13,002 ( +1,697 )

Deaths 108 ( +28 )

212329969_369504631334534_86560069112940

sorry to say, there is no proper plan to curb the spread .. thats why it is just not coming down ..

we are seeing this since the days of krystal which is end march/early april .. 

sad ..

IMG_20210721_091430.jpg

Edited by Mooose
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

https://www.khaosod.co.th/breaking-news/news_6520540

we have reached a new low .. people are left to die on the streets .. last night alone 3 people were found dead and their bodies left on the streets ..

https://www.thaienquirer.com/30216/opinion-prayut-and-his-ministers-have-brought-this-country-to-its-lowest-point/

Opinion: Prayut and his ministers have brought this country to its lowest point

By Cod Satrusayang

July 21, 2021

These images should make you mad. They should make you upset, they should make you angry, and they should make you want to take action because the time for inaction is over.

Last night, local media showed scenes of people who had passed out and/or died on the streets of Bangkok due to either Covid-19 or because they had been malnourished and without support during the lockdown.  

Their bodies were left on the side of the street for hours.

Many of us never thought we would see the day when fellow Thai citizens would succumb to disease and starvation on the streets. 

It is the lowest point in our history. This administration has brought us to our lowest point in our country’s history.

The pernicious influence of the criminals that sit in this cabinet can no longer be tolerated by us because we will not survive it much more. 

Contrary to what they would have us believe, they are not here to stop the rot within Thai society but they are the rot within Thai society. 

While they debate and fight with each other over who gets to benefit from the pandemic, Thais are dying on the streets, without hope, without support, in scenes we’re more accustomed to seeing in far-flung foreign reports than here at home. 

Think of all the missteps that they have taken in fighting this pandemic that had led us to this point. 

They have brought in a vaccine that was an ineffective in fighting the original variant of the virus never mind the current Delta variant and at a higher cost. Tell me who benefits from this, the Thai people or the people signing these deals.

They refused to close businesses before the Songkran holiday because they were afraid of hurting the large corporations that would benefit from the travel. How is that going for them now? 

When case numbers were reaching an all time high, they were busy flying off to open the Phuket Sandbox, oblivious to the suffering of the rest of the country and eager to please the hoteliers writing pleading letters to them. 

They constantly fight with each other, there is fighting between organizations, between ministries, between ministers for more prestige. 

They fight with each other to save face, to make sure they get credit, to make sure they don’t get blamed for unpopular but necessary policies. And while they fight with each other, people are dying on the streets.

Prayut Chan-ocha, his ministers, his supporters, his sycophantic staff, has brought us to this point. 

But the worst part is not even that their mismanagement has caused all of this. 

The worst part is that we cannot get rid of them. We are stuck with them. They have manipulated the system, have forced it upon the people at the tip of a gun barrel and now no matter the loudness of the chorus asking for their removal – they simply will not leave. 

If this was any other country in the world, the ministers would offer their resignation out of responsibility…or even shame. 

But this lot in power are shameless. They will keep dragging our country into the abyss. 

The time to stand up and make a stand is now.

Photos courtesy of The Standard and Khaosod

Edited by Mooose
  • Praise 1

@Mooose 

1224396258_WhatsAppImage2021-07-21at10_31_44.thumb.jpeg.3fd31dbc7afe436306003bba1593b58c.jpeg

4 July announced there will never be any case of people die at home. On 20 July, worst than die at home, die on streets. Really knn.

• Praise 3

Covid New Cases in Thailand today, another record day

Total 13,655 ( +653 )

Deaths 87 ( -21 )

218178744_370199551265042_69151108826959

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, steveluv said:

@Mooose 

1224396258_WhatsAppImage2021-07-21at10_31_44.thumb.jpeg.3fd31dbc7afe436306003bba1593b58c.jpeg

4 July announced there will never be any case of people die at home. On 20 July, worst than die at home, die on streets. Really knn.

the worst part of it is that they spend time going after people like milli and "influencers" on social media who call them out instead of helping the people ..

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/2152651/police-to-rein-in-influencers

if the influencers are so wrong and they were so right all along how come the national vaccine institute came out to apologise for slow vaccine procurement, and now hold talks to join covax ..

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2152671/sorry-for-slow-vaccine-supply

4 hours ago, steveluv said:

Covid New Cases in Thailand today, another record day

Total 13,655 ( +653 )

Deaths 87 ( -21 )

218178744_370199551265042_69151108826959

currently 137058 people are in hospitals (no numbers for those infected but cannot get admission due to shortage of beds), 3856 in serious condition in ICU and 889 requiring ventilators /oxygen ..

grim numbers that dont seem to be arrested soon ..

IMG_20210722_133946.jpg

• Praise 1

Covid New Cases in Thailand today, another record day, crossed the 14000 mark

Total 14,575 ( +920 )

Deaths 114 ( +27 )

QgxMya5.jpg

• Praise 1

Thailand, Failed State.

Thailand-Prayut-Chan-ocha-Twitter-900x540-1.png.3f590a45fd417bfb6c593f18984834e7.png\

All because of him, his cronies and the salims

and to those who disagree ..

https://www.thaienquirer.com/30307/opinion-to-the-people-that-still-support-this-government-please-explain-it-to-me/

Opinion: To the people that still support this government, please explain it to me

By Cod Satrusayang

July 22, 2021

Apparently, there are still people who support this government.

There are people who still love ‘Uncle Tu,’ still believe that this is a government run by good people, and that there is no alternative to Thailand except for the Prayut Chan-ocha administration.

Obviously, I disagree. The reasons for my disagreements are manifold and have been published in these pages before. But the most important reason for my disagreements can be found in the daily Covid numbers that are published every morning. For the past week, that number has steadily increased to over 10,000 cases per day.

I think there is empirical proof that the government mismanagement is responsible for this increase in numbers.

You may disagree.

And that is why I want to write this piece.

For the people that still support this government, please just tell me why? I want to know your mindset. I want to know where you’re coming from. Please write me, please tweet me, Facebook me, call me. I want to know.

What compels you to give them your support? Is it because you hate Thaksin Shinwatra so much that you can’t see past that hatred even though thousands of your countrymen have died? Was Thaksin so corrupt that any price in treasure and lives is worth his erasure? Is this government not corrupt? Is the current management not so much worse than anything Thaksin and his family have done?

Or are you a single issue voter? To you the monarchy is everything that Thailand should be. To you the children’s protest is disgusting, full of low life’s who don’t appreciate everything the crown has ever done for Thailand. So you chose the most loyal, royalist government by default. Is this the best and finest that the conservatives in Thailand can offer? This crew of drug dealers, corrupt generals, and clueless politicians. Are all the lives and livelihoods being lost worth the single issue? Is their mismanagement of the country not more damaging to the crown than anything the children can ever do?

Or do you just hate Thanathorn Juangruanruangkit and his progressive ideas. Do you think the country is moving too fast, moving too quickly in a direction you’re unfamiliar with. I understand that but in a vibrant democracy you too could support a party that values conservatism and the preservation of the past. This government is not that. This government only pretends to care about democracy while working actively to undermine it. It has sapped the foundations of our democracy and infested it with its blight. Believe that we can be more, believe that pluralism can off you a chance to hold onto your values. Don’t tie what you cherish about our past to a bunch of corrupt army men who do not actually care, who are destroyIng the country with their rule.

Or the worst possible option is that you actually think this is the best government that we can have given the circumstances. That you have taken a look at the political field and concluded that this gang of local mafiosos, coup leaders, drug dealers is the best team to take us through this mess. To you the hundreds of thousands infected and the thousands dead is actually a best case scenario.

How utterly bleak.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

Covid New Cases in Thailand today, another record day, crossed the 14000 mark

Total 14,575 ( +920 )

Deaths 114 ( +27 )

QgxMya5.jpg

where are the vaccines?

why keep on buying sinovac at B500-600 per dose when it is more expensive but reportedly less effective than others?

if sinovac was so effective why is the army requesting the red cross to give all the moderna donated to the red cross, to their personnel and their families?

why be only one of less than 10 countries in the world not to join covax, like russia north korea and belarus?

and isnt it in the least shameful that so many embassies are getting their own vaccination programs for their people .. more embassies than can be counted on two hands ..

anyway, on a brighter note, there are now 143744 people in hospitals, 3984 in ICU and 900 needing ventilators, with 3811 dead ..

• Angry 1

We can only pray for the best of Thai Citizens, Stay@home, Buddha will reach out to all mankind out there. Om Mane Pahme Om

We really don't know what really happened in Thailand, and are clueless on the no.of high cases daily repotted by both Steve and your humble self, sorry to say the least

• Praise 1

(edited)

Only worst and worst, another record breaking day. Really sad.

Covid New Cases in Thailand today

Total 15,335 ( +1,075 )

Deaths 129 ( +10 )

1wIzYXp.jpg

and meanwhile 

fssbVsT.jpg

Edited by steveluv
  • Praise 1

31 minutes ago, steveluv said:

Only worst and worst, another record breaking day. Really sad.

Covid New Cases in Thailand today

Total 15,335 ( +1,075 )

Deaths 129 ( +10 )

1wIzYXp.jpg

and meanwhile 

fssbVsT.jpg

ya, is fake news that they did nothing ..

they made a decision and did something to have way insufficient vaccines, they made a decision and did something by betting only on 1 or 2 vaccines, they made a decision and did something to write off mrna early on, they made a decision and did something to not join covax ..

and just that all the somethings are poor decisions that have caused great hardship to 90% of the people mean that they didnt do nothing ..

so ya, cannot say they did nothing 🤪

• Praise 1