Makan in Thailand

steveluv

6 hours ago, RH1667 said:

Hi All the gurus who is familiar with BKK airport, can i ask

-- Is it a good idea to check in early? anything interesting to do inside the transit area? 

-- Any smoking room inside the transit area 

-- at the airport public area, any clinic that can do Rapid ART test ? 

-- More and more shops are opened now and I'm not surprise if all are opened by now (my last use of the airport was April). So you can go shopping or just relax one corner as the Suvarnabhumi Airport is quite comfy

-- Nope no more

-- https://thaiest.com/blog/covid-test-at-bangkok-suvarnabhumi-airport-bkk

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Late lunch, sashimi at Zuru

U8LXviw.jpg

Just flown in the same day, pick your choice, we picked everything on the tray
1sdzQ2K.jpg

Preparing our sashimi feast
eazRNrh.jpg

Here it comes
OvXT6VV.jpg

Maruaji (mackerel)
QsyNC6d.jpg

Kobudai 
XD3nxyG.jpg

Iwakaki (Hokkaido oyster)
nfx2y4J.jpg

Akagai (Giant blood clam or cockles)
U9yYN35.jpg

Kamasu (Barracuda) 
QEsUDzs.jpg

Uni
tE7Wppx.jpg

Sashimi
gssPo6e.jpg

Dig in
o2Ui01s.jpg

dmhca15.jpg

Steamed leg of taraba king crab
YKkhWXH.jpg

oey8e5x.jpg

Iwakaki
KgryMVW.jpg

gjx9QCs.jpg

Nodokuro
JFu2FPn.jpg

Japanese sweet potatoes
v2fjWda.jpg

• Praise 8

Had a simple lunch yesterday, just a soup and a starter.

Starter is anchovies
wciOtgJ.jpg

Soup is this
Uatu8Zf.jpg

My simple lunch
7qlInGf.jpg

• Praise 5

On 6/18/2022 at 3:11 PM, Blackaccent said:

I am travelling to Thailand next Sunday and will be driving from Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin.

Just to check... How do I know which toll gate accept cash payment? Will there be a sign stating on top of the toll booth?

First time driving in Thailand so just want to be sure.

Thank you very much.

sorry saw this too late for your trip, but for the benefit of others -

cash payments always at left side booths, right side ones for easy pass and M pass ..

for driving in thailand, intercity or to provinces, its road hoggers paradise, practically everyone drives on the right lane, but the reason is that on many two lane per way main roads, the left lane is used much by heavy vehicles and you will be bumping along much by sticking to the left lane ..

hope you had a great trip!

• Praise 4

@Mooose Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Appreciate it. Managed to figure it out by following others going through the non M Pass and Easy Pass toll gates.

Plus taking note to see if there are any hands stretching out from the toll booth. 🤣

Actually, I find driving in the outskirts of Thailand are more relaxing than driving in Singapore.

more patience and forgiving. Never heard any horning except in Bangkok.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Another traditional Singapore breakfast all prepared at home. "Economy Beehoon" breakfast.

kUCr1s5.jpg

9uAX7aE.jpg

Edited by steveluv
  • Praise 8

4 hours ago, Blackaccent said:

@Mooose Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Appreciate it. Managed to figure it out by following others going through the non M Pass and Easy Pass toll gates.

Plus taking note to see if there are any hands stretching out from the toll booth. 🤣

Actually, I find driving in the outskirts of Thailand are more relaxing than driving in Singapore.

more patience and forgiving. Never heard any horning except in Bangkok.

yes almost all thai drivers are more patient and forgiving .. giving way to someone is more normal than insisting on one's right of way .. 

that is why i try to avoid entering or driving in bangkok itself if I can help it .. though driving in rural settings has its own issues .. cars and motorcycles going against traffic is not uncommon for example 🤪 

• Praise 3

Twincharged
35 minutes ago, Mooose said:

yes almost all thai drivers are more patient and forgiving .. giving way to someone is more normal than insisting on one's right of way .. 

that is why i try to avoid entering or driving in bangkok itself if I can help it .. though driving in rural settings has its own issues .. cars and motorcycles going against traffic is not uncommon for example 🤪 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1014566385582946/permalink/1681139932258918/?ref=share

• Haha! 2

Twincharged

This morning went for a walk near home to look at typical Thai breakfasts from the street. Hope you enjoy 

• Praise 6

Twincharged

It’s been bloody 2 years since I last got a shave in a barber shop as it was not allowed due to covid. But since masks wearing had been lifted this month shaving is finally allowed. 

Got a good face shave a few minutes ago at my regular

GLHhV0E.jpg

ZQta9gC.jpg

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, steveluv said:

This morning went for a walk near home to look at typical Thai breakfasts from the street. Hope you enjoy 

Thanks SteveLu for the wonderful sharing, loving it, however though most food vendors and customers wore masks, the cooked foods on displayed should be covered up properly to avoid contamination and foreign particles flies in along road side. 🤔 😘

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Sometimes I really wonder if its all worth it. 

I spent the whole morning since 7am going to the market and then prepare and then cooked this meal for lunch and I finished at 11.30am.

And then I was reminded "It's not the Destination. It's the Journey." I felt happy once again.

Sunday Nasi Lemak Lunch

6d42pel.jpg

Its got, sambal egg, fried mackerel, ikan bilis sambal with cucumber, crispy ikan bilis with peanuts, beef rendang

1hEKM4V.jpg

• Praise 8

Authorities worldwide give warnings after Thailand legalises weed
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/authorities-worldwide-give-warnings-after-thailand-legalises-weed

“"(Under) the Misuse of Drugs Act, any Singapore citizen or permanent resident found to have consumed controlled drugs outside Singapore will also be liable for the drug consumption offence," said Singapore's Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB), adding that checks are done regularly at various checkpoints.

Those convicted of drug consumption may be jailed for up to 10 years and fined up to $20,000.

In its response to The Straits Times on Thailand's cannabis legalisation, CNB said a strong push by parties with "vested interests" and "intense lobbying" has brought about more liberal drug laws in some countries.

But it rejected the viewpoint of proponents that cannabis is a "soft" drug with medical benefits.

CNB said scientific evidence has shown that cannabis is addictive and harmful, citing world bodies like the International Narcotics Control Board and studies that highlight the adverse effects of long-term cannabis use, such as increased risk of developing psychotic symptoms or schizophrenia.

Addressing the rise of cannabis edibles in other countries, like candies and cakes, CNB said these are "irresponsibly marketed as harmless consumables".

"The innocuous appearance of these products may entice unsuspecting youths to consume them, get intoxicated, and risk overdosing," it said.”

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, steveluv said:

Prepared another portion for the boss of the house

yg9FX9F.jpg

Iu9DtTV.jpg

Bro Steve, 

we can see its your passion for eating yet you have the Courage to search for ingredients to " Cook for Love ", we couldn't think of a better word to best describe you . . . A foodie who'd travel In Europe for food paradise to endow us all. What a guy Steve 😉🙌🤗

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2