Large sum deposit made with dealer but yet to transfer to name after 2 weeks

SKCS

Just last week was at sin ming LTA to renew coe and road tax (pay full cash). Witnessed a commotion ppl shouted at the counter officer why ownership not transferred blah blah. Seems like a regular occurance there. Caveat emptor.

...only when it affect ah kong $$..very sure those PI or 2nd hand dealer will get to be attended to..This is Spore..Huat Aah

↡ Advertisement

Hi All,

I need some advice.

Recently bought a second hand car from a dealer with large sum of deposit but it has been about 2 weeks and the car ownership still haven't transfer to my name yet whereas under a finance company. He kept mentioning will transfer but did not. I suspect he took the money purchase other cars in to sell and did not redeem the vehicle with finance.

What should I do now? Police and CASE been notified and he continue to list more cars to sell to others.

Go down on a saturday. Go there and bang table in front of all his customers. See if it will be transferred there and then.

Time to be nice is over.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

...only when it affect ah kong $$..very sure those PI or 2nd hand dealer will get to be attended to..This is Spore..Huat Aah

Why jump to conclusion so early? LTA officers can only do ownership transfer if all relevant documents are there what? 

• Praise 1

Go down on a saturday. Go there and bang table in front of all his customers. See if it will be transferred there and then.

Time to be nice is over.

it won't be surprising if TS went down ... only to find an empty office !! that's what happened to me.

• Praise 2

it won't be surprising if TS went down ... only to find an empty office !! that's what happened to me.

Serious ? Same as me . Not empty by a empty shell for registered purpose
  • Praise 1

well at least you would have made the dealer go bankrupt over a small sum of $ should they choose to

can cause some inconvenience and pain rather than let them jiak your 20k easily

-_-

Lol..the one who do to me is a con artist,worst he con the police i a robber. Wtf the police buy his story? Hear someone say hengsway?.wtf one person windfall several mishap? Goggle con artist .. A person who hone his art to be have no consciense.. Worst than a murderer.. No remorse

Send to hang better! Law reform !

Neutral Newbie

I share TS frustration.

Just to share, bought a car at KARZ AUTOMOBILE at west coast car mart.

Collected the car at the end August 2018 and paid deposit close to 30K by 2 cheques, 1 paid to the company on the larger amount and 1 CASH cheque as they claim they need cash cheque to pay the insurance and 1 month upfront to the bank/finance company for the loan.

Then the drama start rolling. Takes forever to transfer the car to my name with reasons in sequence as time progress:

1. Slow process internally.

2. Waiting for the approval for their internal finance that help them to buy used car.

3. My bank cancel the loan as the letter of offer has lapse more than a month. Appealing to the bank to extend the loan offer and of course it was rejected for the extension.

By this time it has been almost 2 months and the car has not been transferred to my name. Getting worried??? Yes i am.

Next i have a letter from the insurance company saying the insurance has not been paid. Hmm..... am i driving un-insured car?

Called them up and explain the situation and told them to chase the payment from the dealer as i have made the insurance payment in cash cheque and double check that my insurance is still valid.

Barely 2 months, car aircon was not cold and suspect gas leak. Told the dealer to fix it and was asked to go to their appointed workshop. The workshop top up the gas and ask me to monitor and come back if there is a problem. In less than a month, the aircon was not cold again thus gas leakage is confirmed. Went back to the same workshop and they refused to repair it as they need to check with Karz Automobile for approval. From here i suspect this Dealer has not been paying their bills to the workshop. Poor those fella being con by this irresponsible dealer.

The Dealer apply another loan for me from different finance company and quickly we got the approval. Again tons of reasons for the transfer not made.

I told myself enough of this bulls**t and i am prepared to loose this money but i am going to make their life difficult too. Send them official email letter to tell them to take back the car this week and i will do the following process a police report will be made, legal demand letter will be sent and debt collector will be deployed. They response to my email immediately and saying they will do the transfer within 3 days and i replied to them that i have decided not to accept the transfer and wish to cancel the transaction.

They did the transfer ignoring my wish. In total it took them almost 3 months to transfer the car ownership to my name. Car problems are not fixed till date. Such despicable act of car Dealer should be made known and shame thus making them go bust and hopefully they do not reopen under different name. 

BR

SG

Twincharged

COE now so low ... might as well buy new.

btw, the second time i bought a used car in turf city, the transfer was done "almost" immediately in the office.

i brought out the CASH and we counted together and when the sum was correct, the dealer did the transfer in front of me and waited for a short while and then showed me the completed online transaction. then i drove off.

• Praise 1

COE now so low ... might as well buy new.

btw, the second time i bought a used car in turf city, the transfer was done "almost" immediately in the office.

i brought out the CASH and we counted together and when the sum was correct, the dealer did the transfer in front of me and waited for a short while and then showed me the completed online transaction. then i drove off.

Yes i managed to do that last time bring full cash to buy used car.

But now can use cashier order for safety just pay $5 to bank

2 yrs ago i bought new from pi, transfer to my name straight away after i hand them over the cashier order, within 1 hr i collected the car, got my log car printout and insurance policy. Good and honest pi

Btw its at west coast carmart

• Praise 2

2 yrs ago i bought new from pi, transfer to my name straight away after i hand them over the cashier order, within 1 hr i collected the car, got my log car printout and insurance policy. Good and honest pi

I got the car under my name within that afternoon. I paid cash for second hand car.

I got the car under my name within that afternoon. I paid cash for second hand car.

Yes for second hand wait for car ready for transfer then give ur cashier order or cash. If no transfer on the spot i wont pay $$$

Unless buying from reputable ad or their used car dealer like republic auto and ppsl. Even at republic auto 6 yrs ago, we settled on same day for payment and transfer

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20190310-938769

Haiz. Yet another. Wonât be the last also.

The problem is the authorities care less about it because these people are cheating individual's money, they can cheat and yet get away with it by close and opening new shops, try cheating government and see what they will get. Edited by Ct3833

Twincharged

when i bought my new car from PI, they actually suggested CASH.

but for CO, they say will need to wait at least one or two days also ... coz they said need to redeem the CO at the bank first then can process the transfer. so i waited for 2 days.

Twincharged

The dealer told me he could only transfer the following day when he encash the cashier order. Said that it can bounce. I said that it can only be cancel if I made a police report.

Anyway he refused to transfer on the spot with a cashier order so since I have not yet made out the cashier order, I went to the bank to get cash. It was a cheap OPC car at 14k, so no problems. And then finally I got to drive off.

The dealer told me he could only transfer the following day when he encash the cashier order. Said that it can bounce. I said that it can only be cancel if I made a police report.

Anyway he refused to transfer on the spot with a cashier order so since I have not yet made out the cashier order, I went to the bank to get cash. It was a cheap OPC car at 14k, so no problems. And then finally I got to drive off.

Most dealers would accept CO as good as if it’s the other way round ie we sell our cars to dealers, I would insist on a CO as well but in these modern times, can also do a FAST tfr but i suppose best to iron these things out when deal is agreed else can be a hassle on day of handover.

Dealer doesnt trust us and vice versa so have to be fair to both parties n hence CO the best compromise. Carrying around large sums of cash is a no go if you ask me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5