Self defense justified? BMW driver stabbed to death

ChaosMyth

The driver deserved it....

Ask yourself in the shoes of the cyclist. A guy coming after u with a parang. What would you do when he tried to slash u so many times. And finally u disarmed him and got his weapon, the anger the rage the fear. U might not wan that bugger to get the weapon back to kill u rite.

Its u or him this way

• Praise 1

From the incident, it is very easy to condemn the deceased and self-justify the murder.  But personally, I feel it is not a clear act of self-defense.

Firstly, it is a wide public space. The "victim-murderer" (cyclist) could run away from the "dead attacker" (deceased) anytime, when he was being attacked.  He chose not to and remain to fight it out with the deceased, even after the deceased took out a weapon to attack him. Also, the cyclist did not seem to be handicap or physically disabled. Unless the cyclist attempted to escape and was being restrained, or chased after, resulting in no way to leave the scene, then yes.   

Secondly, when the cyclist had the chance to retaliate, he did so violently and did not stop despite the deceased having been injured by him.  If there was any form of 'provocation' on the cyclist, it should not justify such drastic reaction to have to cause death, because it was still only a case of road rage, and not in those cases of vengeance/revenge where both parties are known to each other (maybe they did know each other but we were not aware of it).

Thirdly, comparing both parties' sizes, they appeared to be similar in built. Unless the cyclist was a small kid or very small built, and could easily be overpowered by a bigger-sized deceased (which is clearly not the case), then we can claim 'self-defense'.

In the final seconds of the video footage, you can see the deceased fleeing from the cyclist, and in this clear scene, any reasoning for 'act of self-defense' by the cyclist, is totally invalid. A "fleeing attacker" is no longer worthy of one and the imminent danger of losing your life/property at that instance is no longer present. Unless the attacker flees from you to continue attacking other people around you, then yes. Otherwise, how do you justify self-defense when the person you're defending from is down? 

Whatever guesses we had talked about, be it whether the deceased might have other weapon(s), whether he might even whip out a gun, etc... all these were pure guesses. If this is brought to a Court hearing, it would be easily rebutted. Especially so if there was really no other weapon found in the car.

So in this case, the cyclist would be as guilty of culpable homicide not amounting to murder, or manslaughter.

Just sharing my personal thought.

Edited by X5actor

Users of BMW’s are officially Britains rudest drivers, a survey has discovered.

I think Singapore too.  [:p]

This is something I don't quite understand. I've seen and read several online platforms, surveys like what you have posted on Internet, jokes and insults about BMW car drivers.

Are BMW drivers really that bad? Is it the brand that makes the drivers behave the way they do, or drivers who behave like that tend to own/drive BMW cars? I'm really curious how the general public perceives BMW drivers as such? I mean, I have bad encounters on the roads day-in-day-out but it is not just BMW drivers who suck.

I have a friend who is a no. 1 hater of Nissan car drivers. And I really wonder why?

Disclaimer: I haven't owned or driven a BMW car before.

Edited by X5actor

This is something I don't quite understand. I've seen and read several online platforms, surveys like what you have posted on Internet, jokes and insults about BMW car drivers.

Are BMW drivers really that bad? Is it the brand that makes the drivers behave the way they do, or drivers who behave like that tend to own/drive BMW cars? I'm really curious how the general public perceives BMW drivers as such? I mean, I have bad) encounters on the roads day in day out but it is not just BMW drivers who suck.

Hmmmm.......... you have not driven much in SG roads yet ... :yeah-im-not-drunk:  

If you drive daily, count the number of BMWs you see and then see how many of them bother to signal?

Are BMW drivers really that bad? Is it the brand that makes the drivers behave the way they do, or drivers who behave like that tend to own/drive BMW cars? I'm really curious how the general public perceives BMW drivers as such? I mean, I have bad encounters on the roads day-in-day-out but it is not just BMW drivers who suck.

I have a friend who is a no. 1 hater of Nissan car drivers. And I really wonder why?

• Praise 2

Nope, but they called it Clans ....

Hua Shan

Kunlun

Shaolin

Er-mei

Begger

Wutang

Hai sar Pang

Liang Shan Pai, ..... etc

:XD:

... and "bai lan jiao" (White Lotus Clan) ... [laugh]  

• Praise 1

the aftermath more interesting.... tonight go google liao...

'secret society' come out say not happy

I like to see that happen ..... [smash]

Remember the Tianannmen Square incident many years back. The Red Army will just roll over them with their tanks.... :we-all-gonna-die:  

If you drive daily, count the number of BMWs you see and then see how many of them bother to signal?

Ok, maybe I will do sampling over the rest of this week. But then again, about signaling, and to be fair, I often observe not many cars on the roads use their signal lights these days. Not just BMW drivers. But I'll try get the numbers.

And no, I'm not targeting BMW drivers please.

i got no special dislike for BMW.

my most hated car is altis. :XD:

i

From the incident, it is very easy to condemn the deceased and self-justify the murder.  But personally, I feel it is not a clear act of self-defense.

Firstly, it is a wide public space. The "victim-murderer" (cyclist) could run away from the "dead attacker" (deceased) anytime, when he was being attacked.  He chose not to and remain to fight it out with the deceased, even after the deceased took out a weapon to attack him. Also, the cyclist did not seem to be handicap or physically disabled. Unless the cyclist attempted to escape and was being restrained, or chased after, resulting in no way to leave the scene, then yes.   

Secondly, when the cyclist had the chance to retaliate, he did so violently and did not stop despite the deceased having been injured by him.  If there was any form of 'provocation' on the cyclist, it should not justify such drastic reaction to have to cause death, because it was still only a case of road rage, and not in those cases of vengeance/revenge where both parties are known to each other (maybe they did know each other but we were not aware of it).

Thirdly, comparing both parties' sizes, they appeared to be similar in built. Unless the cyclist was a small kid or very small built, and could easily be overpowered by a bigger-sized deceased (which is clearly not the case), then we can claim 'self-defense'.

In the final seconds of the video footage, you can see the deceased fleeing from the cyclist, and in this clear scene, any reasoning for 'act of self-defense' by the cyclist, is totally invalid. A "fleeing attacker" is no longer worthy of one and the imminent danger of losing your life/property at that instance is no longer present. Unless the attacker flees from you to continue attacking other people around you, then yes. Otherwise, how do you justify self-defense when the person you're defending from is down? 

Whatever guesses we had talked about, be it whether the deceased might have other weapon(s), whether he might even whip out a gun, etc... all these were pure guesses. If this is brought to a Court hearing, it would be easily rebutted. Especially so if there was really no other weapon found in the car.

So in this case, the cyclist would be as guilty of culpable homicide not amounting to murder, or manslaughter.

Just sharing my personal thought.

This is China le.

In man eat man world, not you die, is i die.

It is as simple as that.

Don't have to overanalyse.

• Praise 1

Why ???? :slow:

Average earner's car !!!! :ouch-it-hurts:

Cos alot of them around my area

Same mscp.

The driver Super slow. Like cannot bear to step on the petrol scare will waste extra petrol like that.

Imagine night time rushing home Damn shag liao.

Still must slowly follow them behind

Edited by Beregond
↡ Advertisement