Speed limit 4 PMDs, bicycles to be cut to 10kmh on footpath

RogerNg_185295

People in general la bro hahahaha

Use ofo that time for example lor. Give people bicycle ride see how they abuse.

Haha i was just joking . But agree with you , people just simply threw the bicycles around, didnt even bother to park them properly. Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Haha i was just joking . But agree with you , people just simply threw the bicycles around, didnt even bother to park them properly.

Yeah that’s why say lor

We always complain life not good

People throw out initiative

We decide to abuse it

Remove initiative

Rinse and repeat

Started since Sunday. But only for PAP TC, not WP. Riders are given til 31st Oct to adjust, so concurrently I guess is only warning. 

But who is going to enforce? Since this is under TC jurisdiction, and not LTA. I don't think TC has the extra manpower.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pmd-ban-hdb-void-deck-fine-e-scooters-bicycles-pap-town-councils-11863578

Up to S$5,000 fine for those who flout PMD ban at void decks: PAP town councils

SINGAPORE: Those who flout a ban on personal mobility devices (PMDs) at Housing Board void decks will face a fine of up to S$5,000, said the People’s Action Party (PAP) town councils on Monday (Sep 2).

The ban, which took effect on Sunday, prohibits PMDs like e-scooters and skateboards, as well as bicycles and e-bikes from void decks and all common areas of housing estates run by the 15 PAP town councils.

Public paths where PMDs are allowed under the Active Mobility Act are exempted from the ban. Also exempted are personal mobility aids such as motorised wheelchairs and mobility scooters.

To allow PMD users time to adapt to the new regulation, there will be a two-month advisory period until Oct 31, said Dr Teo Ho Pin, coordinating chairman of the PAP town councils.

During the two months, offenders will be issued a warning letter for the first offence. Thereafter, the town councils will take “strict enforcement action”, he said.

“The PAP town councils take a serious view on the safety of our residents and PMD users. PMD users seen with reckless riding behaviour or violating the by-laws may face a maximum court fine of S$5,000 upon conviction,” said Dr Teo.

To identify reckless riders, the town councils will use the 70,000 police cameras and surveillance cameras installed at void decks and lifts, he said, adding that posters in four languages will be displayed at Housing Board lift lobbies to create public awareness.

The remaining town council, the Workers’ Party-run Aljunied-Hougang Town Council, has not confirmed if it would implement the ban, but told CNA earlier that it already has the "powers to deter PMDs from riding at common areas". 

"However, enforcing these powers without evidence of an infraction is a challenge," it said last month in response to queries.

In a Parliament sitting on Aug 4, Senior Minister of State for Transport Lam Pin Min said the Land Transport Authority will work with some town councils to conduct a trial to designate pedestrian-only zones where riders must dismount and push their PMDs.

Dr Lam also said that the Government will set aside S$50 million to widen footpaths, put up warning signs and install speed-regulating strips at PMD accident hotspots.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pmd-ban-hdb-void-deck-fine-e-scooters-bicycles-pap-town-councils-11863578

• Praise 1

On 8/4/2019 at 11:15 AM, Wind30 said:

I think government should just have tax the new pmds, and use the money to buyback the old pmds and introduce the ban on uncertified pmds immediately.

There are like 85k pmds... assuming they pay $200 per pmds, it is just going to cost 20million.

The first half of year there is 54 cases of fire. From now to end 2020, there should be 150 more cases of fire assuming rate stays constant. But the current trend is increasing rapidly so could be 300 cases?

How much does each fire cost? The damages, the cost to put it out, the loss of life and injury. 50k each?

They can fund this by taxing the new pmds. I think pmds require a lot of extra work from everyone else, it is only far that government tax it,

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ul2272-certified-pmd-disposal-100-e-scooter-early-incentive-lta-11925842

Government finally smart and listen to me... but thye more cheapskate. Will $100 convince people to return their PMD? At least $200 lah...

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ul2272-certified-pmd-disposal-100-e-scooter-early-incentive-lta-11925842

Government finally smart and listen to me... but thye more cheapskate. Will $100 convince people to return their PMD? At least $200 lah...

Since you said government finally smart and had listen to you,   what are the fees for disposal of PMDs when disposal is no longer free? 

3 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I rather give that the $100 goes to the person who report those pmd riders who are not complaint. Why give them incentive to follow rule? Isn't this mandatory, done follow, face prosecution. 

• Praise 7

9 minutes ago, Ender said:

I rather give that the $100 goes to the person who report those pmd riders who are not complaint. Why give them incentive to follow rule? Isn't this mandatory, done follow, face prosecution. 

As i mentioned previously, this rule is unfair to the pmd riders who had bought their equipment before the rules were introduced.

imagine one day the govt say your car model is banned because of XYZ reason. how?

• Praise 3

5 minutes ago, Kusje said:

As i mentioned previously, this rule is unfair to the pmd riders who had bought their equipment before the rules were introduced.

imagine one day the govt say your car model is banned because of XYZ reason. how?

The rules have a lead time of 2 years (initially) from announcement. Those who bought the PMD after the announcement know that their rides' depreciation is a straight line to zero in 2yrs time.

Again, why spend my tax money to reward this group of people who knowingly bought the PMD after the announcement?

• Praise 9

1 minute ago, Vratenza said:

The rules have a lead time of 2 years (initially) from announcement. Those who bought the PMD after the announcement know that their rides' depreciation is a straight line to zero in 2yrs time.

Again, why spend my tax money to reward this group of people who knowingly bought the PMD after the announcement?

I am talking about being far to those that bought it before the announcement.

I agree with you. Those who bought after the announcement deserve nothing. But how to prove?

Edited by Kusje

18 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Warranty over liao lah. Even manufacturer give 1 year grace. They have more than enough time.  How many more hdb need to be burned down to show them grace. 

19 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

From past data, 49 pmd fires in 6 month this year. One year from now til the fire cert kicks in , the risk is another 96 hdb flat is at risk to be burnt down by pmd. LTA is willing to risk these hdb flat for riders grace period. Already more than fair to those who bought before the announcement. Innocent hdb owner shouldn't bear the risk in the first place, which LTA indirectly is doing. 

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 3

29 minutes ago, Ender said:

Warranty over liao lah. Even manufacturer give 1 year grace. They have more than enough time.  How many more hdb need to be burned down to show them grace. 

What has manufacturer warranty got to do with any of this? You also throw your car away after the 3 years warranty?

We should be discussing usable lifetime of the item.

4 minutes ago, Kusje said:

What has manufacturer warranty got to do with any of this? You also throw your car away after the 3 years warranty?

We should be discussing usable lifetime of the item.

If safety recall it has to be done, cannot use on the road even if it's under warranty. Pmd has proven to be fire hazard, even innocent neighbors will suffer from it. If manufacturers not doing it, I expect the gahment to actively stop the risk. No grace. 

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Ender said:

If safety recall it has to be done, cannot use on the road even if it's under warranty. Pmd has proven to be fire hazard, even innocent neighbors will suffer from it. If manufacturers not doing it, I expect the gahment to actively stop the risk. No grace. 

This isn't a safety recall. Just because it doesn't have a certificate doesn't necessarily mean it is unsafe.

3 minutes ago, Kusje said:

This isn't a safety recall. Just because it doesn't have a certificate doesn't necessarily mean it is unsafe.

49 confirmed pmd fire related in the first half of the year, that is close to 2 pmd related fire a week, it should be a recall. My point is innocent neighbor shouldn't suffer the risk of his hdb get burn down becoz of the 1 year grace from now. 

Edited by Ender

and not forgetting........the mess we are in now is because of the policy maker's slow and retarded "caught with pants down" response to the rapid raise in PMDs.

and now over and on top of all the money spent to boost the enforcement and regulatory measures, we are going to spend more money to reward these PMD owners?

Come on, all our tax dollars are not earned as easily as those going to parliament every quarter to sleep and vote according to party whip.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5