Speed limit 4 PMDs, bicycles to be cut to 10kmh on footpath

RogerNg_185295

43 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

and not forgetting........the mess we are in now is because of the policy maker's slow and retarded "caught with pants down" response to the rapid raise in PMDs.

and now over and on top of all the money spent to boost the enforcement and regulatory measures, we are going to spend more money to reward these PMD owners?

Come on, all our tax dollars are not earned as easily as those going to parliament every quarter to sleep and vote according to party whip.....

In an ideal world, all of us will have perfect foresight. Did u complain before the fires started?

in a real world, we are already in this situation. I think they have work out the numbers that $100 per pmd is cheaper than the fires they cause. Cheapest way is to ban all uncertified pmds but that is unfair to those who bought it early.

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, Wind30 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ul2272-certified-pmd-disposal-100-e-scooter-early-incentive-lta-11925842

Government finally smart and listen to me... but thye more cheapskate. Will $100 convince people to return their PMD? At least $200 lah...

Can you pay more taxes and help offset the $100 or $200. 

I object to my tax dollars wasted so frivolously.   

• Praise 4

36 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

In an ideal world, all of us will have perfect foresight. Did u complain before the fires started?

in a real world, we are already in this situation. I think they have work out the numbers that $100 per pmd is cheaper than the fires they cause. Cheapest way is to ban all uncertified pmds but that is unfair to those who bought it early.

And the idiots at lta who made the wrong decision? Still warming their arses....... collecting pay with also my tax dollars.  No blame society as always for those in power. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 4

59 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Almost everyone in my social circle and even in MCF if you bother to go dig up the old threads and posts had complained about PMDs way before LTA even start talking about speed limitation, weight, battery fires. And u ask me did I complain? Go read my posts on how I had to pull my son out of harm's way by the idiot who rode along the narrow shophouse corridor. 

Please, what foresight, this is pure incompetence and lack of verve for the policy makers. 

Anything concrete done with all the complain?

What we get are excuses upon excuses, what don't want to stifle pmd new tech so early, what want to look at other country's decision on pmds before forming our own legislation... What want it to be the answer to LTA's last mile solution, gave 2 long years for 49 pmd related fires to burn and counting.

What unfair to the people who spent a few low hundreds on a pmd..... Did anyone say it is unfair to 49 households' neighbours who's lives were endangered by their poor pmd owner neighbour's House burning? 

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 8

Stupid idiotic LTA using our money to pay off idiots so that they don't burn down their own homes! 

If they choose to ignore the fire risks, they bear the consequences. Not us!  And definitely not for LTA to make us pay. 

I don't remember the garmen pay off those used firecrackers when firecrackers were banned. Nor chewing gums. Nor shisa. 

• Praise 6

4 hours ago, Ender said:

49 confirmed pmd fire related in the first half of the year, that is close to 2 pmd related fire a week, it should be a recall. My point is innocent neighbor shouldn't suffer the risk of his hdb get burn down becoz of the 1 year grace from now. 

Rather than looking at the stats, has anyone bother to look into cause of each fire?

16 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Rather than looking at the stats, has anyone bother to look into cause of each fire?

They more or less blame the battery bah.. Anyway, SCDF has classify all these as PMD related. If our gahment are serious enough like they are towards the car manufacturer, the company should recall back for further investigation and corrective actions.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

17 hours ago, Wind30 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ul2272-certified-pmd-disposal-100-e-scooter-early-incentive-lta-11925842

Government finally smart and listen to me... but thye more cheapskate. Will $100 convince people to return their PMD? At least $200 lah...

They just don't have the manpower to police up all the non-compliant pmd, hence offer money for voluntary surrender. Should hold something like the Purge for pmd

10 km.h is not just to protect pedestrian, it is also to protect the riders from themselves and damage to properties of innocent parties. 

But the torpedo dive, 10/10. points.. :a-bang:

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 2

I just came back from Perth. The more I look around, people involved in implementing laws here on bicycles and PMD must have visited such places and love their ideas. Indeed, conditions there are perfect to ride a bicycle along the parks, roads, beaches,  etc. Sip coffee under the sun to warm yourself under the cool sub 18 C temp. 

If you do the same in our crowded hot and humid Singapore,  then you must be crazy.  So, when we send our officials to 'learn' best never to send them to all these places. They picked the wrong ideas.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

I just came back from Perth. The more I look around, people involved in implementing laws here on bicycles and PMD must have visited such places and love their ideas. Indeed, conditions there are perfect to ride a bicycle along the parks, roads, beaches,  etc. Sip coffee under the sun to warm yourself under the cool sub 18 C temp. 

If you do the same in our crowded hot and humid Singapore,  then you must be crazy.  So, when we send our officials to 'learn' best never to send them to all these places. They picked the wrong ideas.

The bicycle network path is great in Australia, not perfect but better than Singapore for sure.. they segregate cyclist from pedestrians.. and pedestrians are not stupid to walk on the cycling path and vice versa.

Even if it was shared path, majority of the cyclist are polite and will ring the bell or say 'PASSING', this is my observation

Boils down to the culture of the citizens

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Sorry you are the one with problem.

In Summer, Perth can be 45 deg.

I had been riding to work for 10 years in my long sleeve shirt and biz pants.

After parking my bike under my desk, i have my Cafe Latte at Jewel Coffee before 1 start work.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

The bicycle network path is great in Australia, not perfect but better than Singapore for sure.. they segregate cyclist from pedestrians.. and pedestrians are not stupid to walk on the cycling path and vice versa.

Even if it was shared path, majority of the cyclist are polite and will ring the bell or say 'PASSING', this is my observation

In Singapore, pedestrian walk on cycle path.  Kenna ring ring, pedestrian will show you middle finger.

Certain pedestrian pathway is not even wide enough for 2 person to walk side by side.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Lifestyle and weather also lah. If they are in Singapore and live like singaporeans,  they will also be the same but maybe habit better lah. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Sorry you are the one with problem.

In Summer, Perth can be 45 deg.

I had been riding to work for 10 years in my long sleeve shirt and biz pants.

After parking my bike under my desk, i have my Cafe Latte at Jewel Coffee before 1 start work.

Wow, that is great to know you don't have sweat glands, haha. No offenc3, I am sure you did took a shower and change before you visit the cafe or sit at your desk. Your colleagues will appreciate it.

Edited by Victor68
  • Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Wow, that is great to know you don't have sweat glands, haha. No offenc3, I am sure you did took a shower and change before you visit the cafe or sit at your desk. Your colleagues will appreciate it.

No shower required.

Just leave home before  sun is super hot, cycle smoothly and minimize stop. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1