Speed limit 4 PMDs, bicycles to be cut to 10kmh on footpath

RogerNg_185295

42 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

image.thumb.png.9bc0e23092f25861c643b7b8a0a0fb12.png

Saw this being highlighted by Active Mobility Advisory Panel... what a bunch of twats! 

So pedestrians now need a license to walk?

First point in code of conduct is 

Pedestrian need to walk on grass patch to ensure PMD is able to pass thru without injuring pedestrians.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

image.thumb.png.9bc0e23092f25861c643b7b8a0a0fb12.png

Saw this being highlighted by Active Mobility Advisory Panel... what a bunch of twats! 

So pedestrians now need a license to walk?

Aren't they aware pedestrian pathway is used by primary school children to walk to school in their own? Now children need to also have to attend training for code of conduct?

Active Mobility dumbass. 

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 2

Another PMD accident leading to serious permanent injury. 

Simple translation: Husband of injured lady sue 20 years old PMD rider for $370K. The injured suffered serious brain injury, not able to communicate and every carry out simple task such as going to the toilet. 

妻遭电动踏板车撞致脑损 夫索偿37万

nicholas_ting_nai_jie_1_30092019.jpg

56岁妇女遭电动踏板车撞致脑损,丈夫如今代她入禀高庭,索偿近37万元。

这起意外事故发生在2016年9月17日早上10点09分,地点在巴西立1街一带的巴士站附近。

根据《新明日报》去年7月的报道,脑受重创的洪柳娇无法说话也无法自理,上厕所都有问题,和丈夫梁伦华(56岁,散工)只能靠比手画脚沟通,但情况已逐渐改善。

因丧失心智能力,梁伦华上个月中代表妻子,通过德尊律师事务所(Drew & Napier)的义务律师入禀高庭,向20岁的肇祸骑士陈乃杰(译音)索偿。

根据《新明日报》掌握的法庭资料,诉方指骑士以时速十四到十五公里的危险速度行驶,期间还违反制造商的指示,车上载着另一人,又没及早鸣笛提醒巴士站的行人,结果导致洪柳娇身心均受重创。根据规定,在行人道上行驶,个人代步工具的时速最高10公里。

医疗报告就显示,洪柳娇脑受重创、神经状态不佳、后半辈子的衣食住行都需要监督和帮助,出门在外都是以轮椅代步。

此外,她无法遵从简单指示、没法分别早晚、身在何处、人、地址、生日、甚至连有几个孩子都不知道,口齿也不清晰。

有鉴于此,诉方就洪柳娇余生的医疗和护理开销索偿,总额约36万4645余元。

• Praise 9

18 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Simple translation: Husband of injured lady sue 20 years old PMD rider for $370K. The injured suffered serious brain injury, not able to communicate and every carry out simple task such as going to the toilet. 

妻遭电动踏板车撞致脑损 夫索偿37万

根据《新明日报》掌握的法庭资料,诉方指骑士以时速十四到十五公里的危险速度行驶,期间还违反制造商的指示,车上载着另一人,又没及早鸣笛提醒巴士站的行人,结果导致洪柳娇身心均受重创。根据规定,在行人道上行驶,个人代步工具的时速最高10公里。

Unless the joker from lich family, he would just start life as a bankrupt.... Victim might get nothing.

• Praise 2

30 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

妻遭电动踏板车撞致脑损 夫索偿37万

The accident took place in 2016. The article mentioned the speed limit is 10km/h. Don't know whether the court will take in this speed limit for this 2016 case?

Was the previous speed limit 15km/h? If it is, then the 14-15km/h speed of the PMD at that time might not be considered speeding.

Of course recklessness cannot be ruled out.

16 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Unless the joker from lich family, he would just start life as a bankrupt.... Victim might get nothing.

LTA got money, sue LTA for issuing the permits 

On 9/28/2019 at 1:28 PM, Ody_2004 said:

honestly how many really use for last mile to get home/travel?

easily 90% for food delivery.. 8% youngster/bengster nothing much to do and tear down the street.. left 2% who use it to get home/office..

the last mile thing to me is BS..

Agree.

Most people that I see abusing PMDs are the ones you listed above.

Hardly anybody uses it as a last mile vehicle.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:07 PM, Fitvip said:

HPB promotes Step Challenge. LTA counter them with PMD!

Nicely said.

It's funny how our government built so many nature paths  and invested so much $$ on greenery but this single PMD issue has drastically prevented people from using those facilities.

My family has been long time supporters and users of park connectors and parks but have gradually avoided using them especially this year.

The PMD abuse have taken over park connectors/parks AND it's getting worse when they SMOKE on the ride.

I'm assuming different ministers have their own KPIs and don't mind fighting over each other at the expense of peasants like my family.

:ouch-it-hurts:

• Praise 2

i was in Osaka for holiday and i noticed NO ONE was using any PMDs to travel.   They even have UBER EATS service but the delivery guy was using normal bicycle.

Later i found out in Japan, you need to have licence and registration for PMDs.  Even in Tokyo, no one using PMDs.

So why are we not following this?  Surely Japan already has high industry and consumer standards/benchmarks for almost everything. 

• Praise 7

3 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

i was in Osaka for holiday and i noticed NO ONE was using any PMDs to travel.   They even have UBER EATS service but the delivery guy was using normal bicycle.

Later i found out in Japan, you need to have licence and registration for PMDs.  Even in Tokyo, no one using PMDs.

So why are we not following this?  Surely Japan already has high industry and consumer standards/benchmarks for almost everything. 

not just jipoun mah, some european counties also banned PMD outright. 

• Praise 3

5 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Nicely said.

It's funny how our government built so many nature paths  and invested so much $$ on greenery but this single PMD issue has drastically prevented people from using those facilities.

My family has been long time supporters and users of park connectors and parks but have gradually avoided using them especially this year.

The PMD abuse have taken over park connectors/parks AND it's getting worse when they SMOKE on the ride.

I'm assuming different ministers have their own KPIs and don't mind fighting over each other at the expense of peasants like my family.

:ouch-it-hurts:

Same sentiment here. I am a regular park user. Even in the park, I don't really feel safe now. You won't know all of a sudden PMDs just zoomed past you. I was nearly hit early one morning by one of them when he  swing his arm while passing me, His hand hit my collar!

I don't understand why the authorities would compromise the safely of pedestrians to please PMD users?!

• Praise 3

10 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

I did not  see this device when I visited Hokkaido, Taiwan and New Zealand. I don't any other countries condone such nonsense!

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

not just jipoun mah, some european counties also banned PMD outright. 

As usual, our sleepy LTA is forever v slow in reactions.   

Collect $$ v fast.  Solve problem, v slow.

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

As usual, our sleepy LTA is forever v slow in reactions.   

Collect $$ v fast.  Solve problem, v slow.

Pmd is a crucial equipment for food delivery and last leg small delivery

without this tool, these 2 business will face higher costs and lesser workers to do this

also keeps a group of people employed

thats why pmd cannot be ban

• Praise 2