Singapore has the world’s worst annual leave

ChaosMyth

51 members have voted

1. 1. How many days of Annual Leave is sufficient in your opinion?

• 0. Dont need to rest la.
    • 4 Day Work Week better. Lol...

i have not taken any leave till date

even meet friends only free on monday or tuesday afternoon lunch time

no wonder no gf

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

bro, you are the boss ma

sure no AL lor ... every minute is $$$

but can ownself give ownself free time anytime anywhere ... hehe

i have not taken any leave till date

even meet friends only free on monday or tuesday afternoon lunch time

no wonder no gf

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Wow this company allows its CEO who resigned to encash all his unused annual leave from 2008. My workplace can only carry fwd prev year leaves. Anything beyond considered forfeited. Can't even encash.

And this company was being queried by SGX for selling its businesses at a sharp discount to the same CEO.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/innopac-ceo-received-491920-for-unused-leave-going-back-to-2008

Edited by Sotong1977
  • Praise 2

When I first started work, It was 9 to 5 and Saturday half day. I have so much time even to watch eblvening TV during dinner with my family. After dinner, I walk my young daughter to the nearby park before heading home for the night. Weekend is also full of activities.

Now we are mostly 5 days week. What happen? We seems to be struggling with time. Is it because we are too preoccupied with something that distract us from our norms?

• Praise 2

When I first started work, It was 9 to 5 and Saturday half day. I have so much time even to watch eblvening TV during dinner with my family. After dinner, I walk my young daughter to the nearby park before heading home for the night. Weekend is also full of activities.

Now we are mostly 5 days week. What happen? We seems to be struggling with time. Is it because we are too preoccupied with something that distract us from our norms?

5 day work week but who ends at 5 pm these days?

my company policy will penalise those who exceed taking more than 19 days (combined.. includes MC, AL, Maternity ..) leave per calender year.

and the most to bring forward is 19 days... :ph34r:

i dont take MC ... lol..

but i leave on time.. give and take..

CNY usually off for 10 days.. no AL deducted..

Edited by Mrmilktooth

Turbocharged

my company policy will penalise those who exceed taking more than 19 days (combined.. includes MC, AL, Maternity ..) leave per calender year.

i dont take MC ... lol..

I thought maternity leave is mandated by govt?

Is your company local, mnc or prc?

Last time no mobility devices where you can also access work from anywhere. Last time, pace of work also slower worldwide.

Cannot compare 2010s with 1960s/1970s/1980s.

I thought maternity leave is mandated by govt?

Is your company local, mnc or prc?

Last time no mobility devices where you can also access work from anywhere. Last time, pace of work also slower worldwide.

Cannot compare 2010s with 1960s/1970s/1980s.

none of the above..

maternity leave is not an issue.. but usually exceeds 19 days so.. falls into that category...

im not in HR... lets leave it at that..

i dont take MC ... lol..

Your company so good, no deduct AL on CNY company shutdown for 10 days?

i dont take MC ... lol..

chinese coy?

SOE?

• Praise 1

I like to start early. Officially 8.15 but i am already there by 7.30 am. But i won't disturb anyone till 9 am if there is nothing to shout about. Similarly, I am also the first to leave on time and I wont be sending text, email or WhatsApp to show I am around after official hours.

This is something missing in many companies. I see people.staying till after 8.30 pm but spend hours chit chatting and having extended lunch and breaks. Everytime they are busy but celebration time to party, never busy leh.

Yeah. We need more annual leave days. But looking at MOM or MOM minister I doubt it will ever happen. Later kenna question, "how many days leave will make you happy?". "Everyday have sex?". "You do not need many days to have sex". "You just need two minutes". "I give you two minutes break, ok?" [laugh]

Yeah. We need more annual leave days. But looking at MOM or MOM minister I doubt it will ever happen. Later kenna question, "how many days leave will make you happy?". "Everyday have sex?". "You do not need many days to have sex". "You just need two minutes". "I give you two minutes break, ok?" [laugh]

If cannot have more AL, then they should give more PH?!