The all new Lexus UX

DACH

Lexus UX crossover revealed with aggressive design and new infotainment

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/lexus-ux-crossover-revealed-aggressive-design-and-new

ux-02-fsport-loc-dh-2018-rgb-cropped-2.j

Lexus has claimed that its upcoming UX crossover, which has just been revealed with new images, will be as agile as a hatchback thanks to an all-new platform with a low centre of gravity.

Images of the car's exterior and interior have been released ahead of its public debut at the Geneva motor show, showing that it will also be one of the brand's most aggressive-looking models. Inside, there's a new widescreen infotainment system that appears related to the one used in the Lexus LS. 

screen-shot-2018-02-27-at-07.27.11.jpg?i

The small SUV, which brings the fight to the Jaguar E-Pace andMercedes-Benz GLA, stems from the UX concept, which was revealed at the Paris motor show in 2016. 

The UX will be powered by a mix of internal combustion engine and traditional hybrid powertrains, as proven by Lexus’s trademarking of UX200, UX250 and UX250h monikers following the concept’s reveal.

This suggests the car will share engines with lower-end NX SUV models and the ageing CT hatchback. It is thought that the UX will eventually replace the CT. 

Features of the production car will be toned down from those of the concept; the large, intricate wheels and door cameras in place of mirrors are the first to go.

Rivals range in length from 4400mm to 4450mm, so it’s likely that the UX will sit somewhere in the middle. 

Prices have yet to be confirmed, but its closest competitors are priced £29,000-£35,000. The NX occupies the lower end of the segment’s price range, so it’s likely that the UX will do the same, with a price tag of less than £30,000 expected.

The Lexus RX L, a seven-seat version of its large SUV featuring three rows of seats, will make its European debut at the show, alongisde the Lexus LF-1 Limitless concept, first revealed at the Detroit motor show in early January.

ux_teaser_2_.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Looks like the Merc GLA.... curvy hatchback style.

Seems like the new small crossovers all look like this.... BMW X2, Audi Q2... all look this way.

Looks like the Merc GLA.... curvy hatchback style.

Seems like the new small crossovers all look like this.... BMW X2, Audi Q2... all look this way.

I think its main competitors are the Infiniti QX30, Mercedes Benz GLA, Audi Q2, BMW X2, and Volvo XC40.

Looks like the current NX?! So now lexus uses all SUV series ended with 'X' Next time might called it XX?

I think it looks smaller than the NX.

There is no D pillar. 

personally dont like the front grille, but other than that, looks good. 

apologies to @theoldjaffa haha... 

Edited by kdash

The front grill really not nice. 

Lexus cars are a bore to drive. No "feeling" , never breaks down... no wonder most women  and non car fanatics love them...

• Praise 2

Supercharged

he drives a lexus? haha

I don't mind owning a Lexus if I could afford but I don't like their high pricing as their OMV is normally high as in most Toyotas.

The aggressive front grille needs some getting used to but otherwise Lexus does marry premium branding + reliability which is a hard package to beat. I also like the quiet ambience Lexus provides. Let's see how the pricing of this UX comes out to be, I feel $170k-$180k should be the highest else it might not sell but of course depends on which spec is brought it.

• Praise 7

Supersonic

Lexus cars are a bore to drive. No "feeling" , never breaks down... no wonder most women and non car fanatics love them...

Got feeling. When i test drove the ES250, could feel vibration at idling n soundproofing not as kilat as i expected. Maybe i was expecting too much as my impression of Lexus b4 that was of silent serenity...

Supersonic
(edited)

I don't mind owning a Lexus if I could afford but I don't like their high pricing as their OMV is normally high as in most Toyotas.

The aggressive front grille needs some getting used to but otherwise Lexus does marry premium branding + reliability which is a hard package to beat. I also like the quiet ambience Lexus provides. Let's see how the pricing of this UX comes out to be, I feel $170k-$180k should be the highest else it might not sell but of course depends on which spec is brought it.

Lexus car is good but if i want to buy luxury category car, i would still go for mercs, BMW etc. Cause Lexus in log card afterall still registered as Toyota make. Like i am paying so much just to drive a toyota. Heart not balance le. Lol. 

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

Got feeling. When i test drove the ES250, could feel vibration at idling n soundproofing not as kilat as i expected. Maybe i was expecting too much as my impression of Lexus b4 that was of silent serenity...

Lexus no longer the same as before. Wait till you try the new LS.... drives like MB S class without the air suspension.

• Praise 2

Lexus car is good but if i want to buy luxury category car, i would still go for mercs, BMW etc. Cause Lexus in log card afterall still registered as Toyota make. Like i am paying so much just to drive a toyota. Heart not balance le. Lol. 

Just my opinion, Lexus should be priced say 5-10% lower than Benz, BMW equivalent cos whilst they have arrived as a premium brand, their history is afterall shorter and hence their pedigree is not steep in tradition yet to be on the same page as the 2 German marques although some might argue they are almost there, if not there already.

And precisely cos of the fact that their price is really close to these 2 giants, I too have some reservations on getting one though admittedly, my pocket may not be deep enough even if they did lower their prices [:)]

• Praise 6

Just my opinion, Lexus should be priced say 5-10% lower than Benz, BMW equivalent cos whilst they have arrived as a premium brand, their history is afterall shorter and hence their pedigree is not steep in tradition yet to be on the same page as the 2 German marques although some might argue they are almost there, if not there already.

And precisely cos of the fact that their price is really close to these 2 giants, I too have some reservations on getting one though admittedly, my pocket may not be deep enough even if they did lower their prices [:)]

I feel even down 10% also too little to tingle my gu-ji  :D  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3