Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VI

RadX

this kind is either:

1) don't take responsibility for their inattention, thus missin the opportunity to join a turning queue and expecting everyone else to accommodate her mistakes. 

2) Deliberate queue cutters because they think their time is worth more than everyone else in the turning queue.

this type of vid is a dime a dozen ... this morning I also saw one white car driven by a woman make a right turn from a straight lane at the traffic light junction ... coz she "overshot" the two turning lanes about 150m long. but she kept right and I still managed to pass on her left ... so no issue for me.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Actually this type i see sooooooo many every morning when sending my kids to school. Lane 3 all queuing v long, so drivers automatically form up on lane 2 to squeeze and turn too.

8 months, only saw TP stood there twice. Other days, free for all.

[thumbsdown]

From Nicoll Highways turning left to KPE entrance, only one lane turning.

During peak hour, it will "auto" became two lanes turning left.

With so many videos, no wonder yesterday I sleep deep deep!!!! :XD:

Somemore got cny music!!!! Kena summon like kena red packet!!! :XD: :XD:

most importantly xiaomi cam is good and clear, can capture the face clearly  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

this kind is either:

1) don't take responsibility for their inattention, thus missin the opportunity to join a turning queue and expecting everyone else to accommodate her mistakes. 

2) Deliberate queue cutters because they think their time is worth more than everyone else in the turning queue.

maybe it was an honest mistake ... coz when I passed her, she was like rubbing/scratching her head ...

most importantly xiaomi cam is good and clear, can capture the face clearly  [laugh]

and damn cheap ! using the mai70 as my secondary front cam.

nowadays so used to the carcam that I don't dare to drive without it !!

To me is very straight forward if honest mistake: Just go straight and do a U-Turn at the next opportunity and do a left turn back at the same junction.

Some people, especially the oldies and women drivers, their mind very one track when it comes to driving decisions.

maybe it was an honest mistake ... coz when I passed her, she was like rubbing/scratching her head ...

Edited by Vratenza

and damn cheap ! using the mai70 as my secondary front cam.

nowadays so used to the carcam that I don't dare to drive without it !

secondary front? u got two? I'm using it as front 

this kind is either:

I learnt to give and take liao, just keeping myself sane and not get angry.

If you're in my shoes, sure either vomit blood daily or BP shoot up no good for health...

Every morning i send my kids to school in marine parade (MP). Last year, only one, so i took Still Road from Hougang direction, then turn left to MP road. Still Rd always jammed, so took @superbored's advice to take a small loop to joo chiat area and join MP road earlier.

This year got 2 schools, so i bite bullet and make a huge loop via TPE/ECP, exit Bedok South and come down from the other end of MP rd. After Marine Vista, when approaching Marine Terrace, the left lane (lane 3) will be perpetually jammed for 100-200 m before the turn to Marine Terrace. There are 2 schools in Marine Terrace, so lots of parents will send their children all the way into Marine Terrace.

As the queue is forever v long, a lot of drivers on MP rd who wanna turn left into Marine Terrace, will take lane 2, then form another queue at the left-turn to Marine Terrace!!! Lots of big and expensive cars do this, but there are other B&B cars too...

Really is no eye see.

To keep myself sane, I told my girl to alight at bus stop on MP rd, and to walk into Marine Terrace by herself, so that I don't have to queue so long, and see so many drivers cut in that way. After alighting her, I'll siam the queues and go off straight...

And guess what, there's no escaping. Barely 400-500 m further down, after the junction of MP rd/Telok Kurau rd, there's another perpetually jammed stretch, before the Still Rd junction. This ~300 m stretch, is really free-for-all in the mornings. I'm surprised so far never witnessed any accidents. Only lane 3 turns left, but whole of lane 2 is filled by vehicles going to turn left too, as the sole-turning lane becomes 2-lane nearer the junction. Yes, a 3-lane road becomes a 5-lane road (2 left turn, 2 go straight, 1 right turn) near the junction.

The design of having a bus stop just ~50 m from Still Rd, is a problem. Buses need to go straight after that, while 70% of vehicles in the jam/queue want to turn left (to Still Rd/ECP). There's a yellow box to allow buses to exit the bus stop and go straight, since it's always jammed up, but there are a lot of errant motorists who take lane 3 (when the road widens to 5-lane), who will abuse the yellow box, and cut in from lane 3 (straight lane), into the left-turning lane 4. They can do this only when the vehicles are jammed up and not moving, but it also means the buses that want to exit the bus stop to go straight, have their road (yellow box) blocked! Result is frequent chokes there...

Those drivers are super selfish.

And what can the authorities do?

So far after 8 months, my observation is Nothing... [bigcry]

From Nicoll Highways turning left to KPE entrance, only one lane turning.

During peak hour, it will "auto" became two lanes turning left.

oh yah. I think KPE is a magnet for such happenings. During peak hours, i think every entrance also like that. I don't normally take KPE during peak hours, but did so i think twice last year. After that, decided to avoid it altogether and use other roads instead.

Same thing, don't want my blood to boil on seeing those queue cutters...

• Praise 4

Twincharged

secondary front? u got two? I'm using it as front 

used to have 3 front on my previous car.

now its two in front and one at the back.  the front and back is one set from PI.

the mai70 is I bought as secondary. 

each file is limited to a certain size and then it will start on another file.

you know what murphy says ... 

so to make sure I don't have blind spots I have two cams to cover each other's intervals.

Edited by Ysc3

I live around there.

If I am not mistaken , the main culprits are the Taonan students' parents. Higher SES but still mediocre level. :D Many are Hokkien Huay Kwans and business linked.

Anyway, I stay only 500m from there....Each morning I rather take the East Coast Road down to Tanjong Katong Rd to enter ECP rather than to suffer from the cowboy town situation at the MP/Still Road junction.

The situation will only worsen when the TEL MRT construction and road diversions are expanded as it progresses the next few yearss till 2022 at least.

One of the few reasons next year I am sending my son to another Primary School much further away instead of Taonan.

I learnt to give and take liao, just keeping myself sane and not get angry.

If you're in my shoes, sure either vomit blood daily or BP shoot up no good for health...

Every morning i send my kids to school in marine parade (MP). Last year, only one, so i took Still Road from Hougang direction, then turn left to MP road. Still Rd always jammed, so took @superbored's advice to take a small loop to joo chiat area and join MP road earlier.

This year got 2 schools, so i bite bullet and make a huge loop via TPE/ECP, exit Bedok South and come down from the other end of MP rd. After Marine Vista, when approaching Marine Terrace, the left lane (lane 3) will be perpetually jammed for 100-200 m before the turn to Marine Terrace. There are 2 schools in Marine Terrace, so lots of parents will send their children all the way into Marine Terrace.

As the queue is forever v long, a lot of drivers on MP rd who wanna turn left into Marine Terrace, will take lane 2, then form another queue at the left-turn to Marine Terrace!!! Lots of big and expensive cars do this, but there are other B&B cars too...

Really is no eye see.

To keep myself sane, I told my girl to alight at bus stop on MP rd, and to walk into Marine Terrace by herself, so that I don't have to queue so long, and see so many drivers cut in that way. After alighting her, I'll siam the queues and go off straight...

And guess what, there's no escaping. Barely 400-500 m further down, after the junction of MP rd/Telok Kurau rd, there's another perpetually jammed stretch, before the Still Rd junction. This ~300 m stretch, is really free-for-all in the mornings. I'm surprised so far never witnessed any accidents. Only lane 3 turns left, but whole of lane 2 is filled by vehicles going to turn left too, as the sole-turning lane becomes 2-lane nearer the junction. Yes, a 3-lane road becomes a 5-lane road (2 left turn, 2 go straight, 1 right turn) near the junction.

The design of having a bus stop just ~50 m from Still Rd, is a problem. Buses need to go straight after that, while 70% of vehicles in the jam/queue want to turn left (to Still Rd/ECP). There's a yellow box to allow buses to exit the bus stop and go straight, since it's always jammed up, but there are a lot of errant motorists who take lane 3 (when the road widens to 5-lane), who will abuse the yellow box, and cut in from lane 3 (straight lane), into the left-turning lane 4. They can do this only when the vehicles are jammed up and not moving, but it also means the buses that want to exit the bus stop to go straight, have their road (yellow box) blocked! Result is frequent chokes there...

Those drivers are super selfish.

And what can the authorities do?

So far after 8 months, my observation is Nothing... [bigcry]

oh yah. I think KPE is a magnet for such happenings. During peak hours, i think every entrance also like that. I don't normally take KPE during peak hours, but did so i think twice last year. After that, decided to avoid it altogether and use other roads instead.

Same thing, don't want my blood to boil on seeing those queue cutters...

Now PMD got number plate at the back Lao leh. The red light camera confirmed can capture. As it can even capture driver face in the dark due to the bight flash. Now the question is will the red light camera able to activate if PMD rode pass red light camera?

Only PAB (Power Assisted Bicycle) got number plate, not PMD (Personal Mobility Device).

E-scooter belong to PMD, no registration number yet.

Red light enforcement camera capture rear view, hence cannot see face one

• Praise 1

I live around there.

If I am not mistaken , the main culprits are the Taonan students' parents. Higher SES but still mediocre level. :D Many are Hokkien Huay Kwans and business linked.

Anyway, I stay only 500m from there....Each morning I rather take the East Coast Road down to Tanjong Katong Rd to enter ECP rather than to suffer from the cowboy town situation at the MP/Still Road junction.

The situation will only worsen when the TEL MRT construction and road diversions are expanded as it progresses the next few yearss till 2022 at least.

One of the few reasons next year I am sending my son to another Primary School much further away instead of Taonan.

I thought the primary reason was the lethargy to be a lolipop man for a season. [laugh]

That is linked :D ......imagine you lollipop man for this school that has mediocre high SES parents dropping off their kids in their Jag XJ/Merc S/BMW 7/Porsche Cayenne/Lexus LS......you think they will stop for you even if you wear a safety vest and holding the lollipop? More likely you get ignored when you try to shoo them away from illegal drop off points.

I heard horror stories from a distant relative working as a school cleaner auntie (long time employee) for St Nicholas Girls.....she was supposed to be doubling duty as a traffic warden in the morning, one of these mediocre high SES female driver scolded her why she did not open the door for the princess alighting from the BMW 7 series.

I thought the primary reason was the lethargy to be a lolipop man for a season. [laugh]

Edited by Vratenza

Only PAB (Power Assisted Bicycle) got number plate, not PMD (Personal Mobility Device).

Red light enforcement camera capture rear view, hence cannot see face one

I live around there.

i jit tao go straight via geylang to nichol highway to CBD... takes me abt 15~20 mins which is only like 1~3mins longer then ECP....  but 10x less stressful than still road tao nan area... 

• Praise 2

Red light enforcement camera capture rear view, hence cannot see face one ð¤«..

Oh thanks.. This is darn wasted to let these reckless PMD rider escape.. Haiz. Edited by Yewheng

Only PAB got number plate but I'm seeing a lot of PAB at my neighbour without number plate. PMD should also have number plate as I saw a lot of PMD with at least 2 seats and some even 3 seats, 1 in front of the main rider and 1 behind the main rider, Is that allow?

PAB registration is already mandatory, all PAB on the road must have number plate.

On the other hand, PMD registration is yet to be implemented.

Regardless of how many seats, all PMD must comply to the specification allowed. The nett weight including accessories (eg. additional seats) must be less than 20kg, else is considered to be illegal to use.

LTA should set a minimum age requirement for PHV Driver.

just like taxi driver, must be 30 yrs old and above (iirc) then can apply.

put a STOP to these monkey drivers.

Reasonable suggestion, but on what basis?
↡ Advertisement