Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VI

RadX

this is also a problem with higher cars like SUVs ...as the car is already higher. sometimes the headlights really hit the cars in front quite glaringly.

my headlights are dipped to about 8m in front ... so even when I go over a hump, my lights will not shine above the boot of a saloon car in front.

last time I kenah saman becoz got motorbike rode just behind me and his headlight was shining right at my rear view mirror ... and I could not see who was behind ... I thought fella behind trying to be funny ... so I floored the accelerator and then the blue and red lights came on immediately !! machiam entrapment.

What you said is related to cars without auto leveling.  Similar to what was encountered by Yewheng.

↡ Advertisement

this is also a problem with higher cars like SUVs ...as the car is already higher. sometimes the headlights really hit the cars in front quite glaringly.

my headlights are dipped to about 8m in front ... so even when I go over a hump, my lights will not shine above the boot of a saloon car in front.

last time I kenah saman becoz got motorbike rode just behind me and his headlight was shining right at my rear view mirror ... and I could not see who was behind ... I thought fella behind trying to be funny ... so I floored the accelerator and then the blue and red lights came on immediately !! machiam entrapment.

Yeah learnt something today..

cum...everyone say after me...1/2/3...

...ANOTHER CHAO BMW DRIVER...

if he wants it that badly to stay in front, he probably rushing to see a love one that is passing away soon.

That is manual beam height adjustment for cars without autoleveling beam. 

It is used when you have full load in rear..... Which makes the rear suspension squat in relation to the front, tilting your head lamp beam upwards. That rotary dial is to let you point your beam downwards during those situations. 

By right your headlamp should be adjusted at the headlamp casing itself  such that it is pointed optimally with just a front driver and there is room for the in-cabin dial to adjust. Downwards on the fly when ur load situation changes. 

Okay thanks, I think I know where the problem lies..

attachicon.gifsketch-1541586325634.png

I have now change to no2. Previously I sweep to 0 as I see that 0 the beam can see furthest. I did not realized that 0 beam is a littbit high that may blind people.

• Praise 1

if he wants it that badly to stay in front, he probably rushing to see a love one that is passing away soon.

dont curse him that way, but for one  to drive his expensive  7 series this way, I choose to believe that he has something urgent to attend to. Not a good excuse to be driving this way though. 

• Praise 1

Okay thanks, I think I know where the problem lies..

attachicon.gifsketch-1541586325634.png

I have now change to no2. Previously I sweep to 0 as I see that 0 the beam can see furthest. I did not realized that 0 beam is a littbit high that may blind people.

Is that a very old car? I thought there was auto-levelling requirements for cars with HID many years back?

Bloody reckless lorry driver, can’t even change lane properly. Got die or not?

Lucky only brought lamp post down and not other road user.

• Praise 5

Once again ERP Gantries are immune to such misfortune.....there must be something different from normal lamposts.... :D

Bloody reckless lorry driver, can’t even change lane properly. Got die or not?

Lucky only brought lamp post down and not other road user.

• Praise 3

Once again ERP Gantries are immune to such misfortune.....there must be something different from normal lamposts.... :D

Maybe they got 拜太岁
  • Praise 1

Is that a very old car? I thought there was auto-levelling requirements for cars with HID many years back?

New car still have this.. Mine is Honda shuttle hybrid and is using normal helgon light bulb.. It still use this.. Maybe bread and butter car... Haha.

That is manual beam height adjustment for cars without autoleveling beam.

It is used when you have full load in rear..... Which makes the rear suspension squat in relation to the front, tilting your head lamp beam upwards. That rotary dial is to let you point your beam downwards during those situations.

By right your headlamp should be adjusted at the headlamp casing itself such that it is pointed optimally with just a front driver and there is room for the in-cabin dial to adjust. Downwards on the fly when ur load situation changes.

Wow, did not know this manual beam adjustment got such thing.. Nowonder it got number from 0 to 4 for driver to adjust... Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement