Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VI

RadX

Second video show the ambulance won't hit the merc if the ambulance just slow down abit and keep going straight. The ambulance hit the merc cuz the ambulance swerved to the left. So maybe the merc driver is saying the ambulance should have signaled he is going to the left lane then the merc won't move. Lol.

Then i ask the merc driver, why did you turn when you're unsure? Couldn't you wait for the arrow? Don't blame others because of your poor judgement

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Do you all agree that if there's enforcement stopped by the road shoulder, all vehicles should slow down to 40km/h to minimise the risk to law enforcers?

• Praise 1

What I notice is that once there is TP with lights flashing stopped at road shoulder (either monitoring or booking an errant driver), most drivers will be on their best behaviour.... Lorries and truck suddenly all change lane to last lane, traffic slows to 5kph below the limit.... 

And best part is.... When you signal to change lane... People actually let go of their accelerator for you....  :D

So... I say, TP should be on the road more often. 

Do you all agree that if there's enforcement stopped by the road shoulder, all vehicles should slow down to 40km/h to minimise the risk to law enforcers?

• Praise 4

Report said the ambulance was on the way to pickup medics... So should be one driver only... But I read the comments and a friend of the ambulance driver said that the merc blamed the ambulance for not signalling??!!

suspect the merc driver kenna brain concussion already if he say this...

Looking from the ambulance front view,

Merc vision was blocked by the right turning vehicle.

He took the turn despite that and proves to be the wrong decision.

• Praise 2

Should have been done much earlier and more regularly.

• Praise 4

Yes, excellent service. Customer first before summons..

Can jam brake and pick up passenger on the left but cannot jam brake and pick up on the right.

Jam brake on the left normal for all taxi. Swerve 3 lanes to the left also normal.

:D

Report said the ambulance was on the way to pickup medics... So should be one driver only... But I read the comments and a friend of the ambulance driver said that the merc blamed the ambulance for not signalling??!!

So many people are never wrong and must always be right.

Just like my MIL

So many people are never wrong and must always be right.

Just like my MIL

Just to give an opposing view.

My mil is a very nice person and never thinks about herself but always about how to help or assist other people.

I can't remember her ever complaining.

[laugh]

• Praise 3

My mil is a very nice person and never thinks about herself but always about how to help or assist other people.

[laugh]

But @jamesc MIL gave him a Lexus E300 for his birthday recently.  :yeah-im-not-drunk:  

Yours wu boh .... :we-all-gonna-die:

:grin:

• Praise 1

The ambulance should have just braked hard to slow down, and keep going straight. He would have avoided the Merc!

Hindsight is always 20/20.

How long did it take you to analyse the video and come to this conclusion? How much time did the ambulance driver have? This reminds me of the movie about the air plane crash landing on frozen Hudson River.

• Praise 2

Hindsight is always 20/20.

How long did it take you to analyse the video and come to this conclusion? How much time did the ambulance driver have? This reminds me of the movie about the air plane crash landing on frozen Hudson River.

I guess it's even easier to say "hindsight is 20/20" than to learn the proper reaction in an impending accident.

I am saying that the ambulance should apply maximum retardation in a straight line, see where the Merc is going first, then take a last minute avoidance action. At the very least the impact of the accident would not have been so heavy.

Everyone have their own views in an open forum, so go easy on the sarcasm, ok?

I guess it's even easier to say "hindsight is 20/20" than to learn the proper reaction in an impending accident.

I am saying that the ambulance should apply maximum retardation in a straight line, see where the Merc is going first, then take a last minute avoidance action. At the very least the impact of the accident would not have been so heavy.

Everyone have their own views in an open forum, so go easy on the sarcasm, ok?

I didn't sense any sarcasm there. Perhaps you are too sensitive?

What you are asking of the ambulance driver is probably more than that capable of an average driver.

Actually i would very much like to see you practice what you preach. From a distance of say 40 to 50m where the merc became visible, do the maximum retardation at 30m (to account for reaction time), then release your brakes, stabilize the vehicle and finally do your avoidance action. Better still, rent a van and video it. Show us all here how it should be done.

• Praise 1

[laugh]

Want to swap?

• Praise 6

[laugh]

In the modern age, people talk about wife swapping.

Some consider that immoral, so let's not go there.

But I'm sure @JamesC will welcome a bit of MIL swapping? :D

Want to swap?

Haha I posted before I saw your reply. Never mind never hurts to have a doctor ask for you. Considered medically sound advice.

• Praise 8