Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VI

RadX

Here is the video.. the video is not able to capture the face. His reaction is like showing that he is not in wrong type. Well..
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Here is the video.. the video is not able to capture the face. His reaction is like showing that he is not in wrong type. Well..

close to 2 full seconds after lights turned red. Oh well, he has $200/12 points to spare ...

These people always think its never their fault.

In their minds its YOUR fault and that's why they are so angry.

They really think they are the victims of your stupid and dangerous driving.

People really fool themselves.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 2

I have a different view. When the lights turned Amber he was already at the 2nd arrow. If he jams brake, he'd have stopped in front of the stop line. And if there's a car behind, boomz.

But if he's been further behind, like the 3rd arrow, then he should brake.

You are alert to only start moving only when the coast is clear, despite the lights being in your favour. Well done.

I have a different view. When the lights turned Amber he was already at the 2nd arrow. If he jams brake, he'd have stopped in front of the stop line. And if there's a car behind, boomz.

You are alert to only start moving only when the coast is clear, despite the lights being in your favour. Well done.

video might be deceiving ,otherwise he was not travelling very fast, he has comfortable time to stop well before the stop line.  

Fair comment,but not sure if the judge will buy the reason... Hahaha

Edited by Othello

A tree is unyielding.

It has deep roots which grip the ground tightly; much more than a lamp post with 4 bolts.

It is not going to give way to a car or even a bus.

So don't try.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Dear all, may I know how do you upload a video on this forum, which I would like to share?

Facebook or youtube is the easiest

• Praise 1

A tree is unyielding.

It has deep roots which grip the ground tightly; much more than a lamp post with 4 bolts.

It is not going to give way to a car or even a bus.

So don't try.

The roots are so strong that it takes gale force winds (~80-100mph) for them to be uprooted. Of course if the tree is healthy and not being eaten by termites or whatever.

Cars (even super cars) cannot transmit the same kinetic energy of gale force winds and hence we always see the metal loosing out to trees or man made structures.

RIP passenger of the car - but curious to know what make or model is the car. At least I am not able to identify from the remaining trash of metal.

• Praise 1

The roots are so strong that it takes gale force winds (~80-100mph) for them to be uprooted. Of course if the tree is healthy and not being eaten by termites or whatever.

Cars (even super cars) cannot transmit the same kinetic energy of gale force winds and hence we always see the metal loosing out to trees or man made structures.

RIP passenger of the car - but curious to know what make or model is the car. At least I am not able to identify from the remaining trash of metal.

It looks like Honda Jazz. 

from roads.sg

Road accident at the junction of Bedok Reservoir Road and Jln Lembah Bedok @ 6 Oct 2018 around 7.10pm.

An elderly pedestrian seems visually impaired as he seems to be using a walking stick. The van driver did not notice the pedestrian until it was too late and tried to swerve and brake but still resulting in hitting the pedestrian.

Wishing a speedy and full recovery to the pedestrian

https://www.facebook.com/Roads.sg/videos/2082238488772282/

• Praise 3

Photo 1 - position on amber.

Photo 2 - position on red. 

Upon red, the front wheels have already crossed the stop line but not the rear wheels. The speed of his travel shows that he got enough space to slow and stop on amber.

post-7510-0-11654500-1538914247.png

post-7510-0-77101800-1538914251.png

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 5

TP should just ban those stupid curtain or shades.

oh wait, they are on the bridge sitting comfortably with their speed cam.

I dunno man.

TP on patrol you need to realise that if they are in front of you, unless you over take them, you realise you will never see them throughout your trip. Kind of like if in NS you walk the prowler route in the same direction of the prowler but 100 metres behind and at same speed, you might not encounter any prowler at all.

Being on the bridge is a more efficient method of catching speeders but of cos, issues like hogging and dangerous practices might just go unchecked.

Solution? I dunno as I dun have insights but one thing is to stop thinking of civil service as "service" esp ubiformed groups. If we stop having to "provide more services", maybe we can get doing what we should be doing in the first place.

I would prefer the traffic police be more obviously on patrol but you see, they might be on patrol but held up with "disputes" or irrelevant stuff which if they ignored in favour of their actual duty, they get complained for not being "service oriented".

Example, a nurse who is feeding the patient while family members are onlooking with "eye power" can be more efficiently used by patrolling the ward to see who needs help more.

OK. Rant over.

• Praise 2

I dunno man.

TP on patrol you need to realise that if they are in front of you, unless you over take them, you realise you will never see them throughout your trip. Kind of like if in NS you walk the prowler route in the same direction of the prowler but 100 metres behind and at same speed, you might not encounter any prowler at all.

Being on the bridge is a more efficient method of catching speeders but of cos, issues like hogging and dangerous practices might just go unchecked.

Solution? I dunno as I dun have insights but one thing is to stop thinking of civil service as "service" esp ubiformed groups. If we stop having to "provide more services", maybe we can get doing what we should be doing in the first place.

I would prefer the traffic police be more obviously on patrol but you see, they might be on patrol but held up with "disputes" or irrelevant stuff which if they ignored in favour of their actual duty, they get complained for not being "service oriented".

Example, a nurse who is feeding the patient while family members are onlooking with "eye power" can be more efficiently used by patrolling the ward to see who needs help more.

OK. Rant over.

I wont disagree with you about traveling along the same direction. but if I not wrong, I hardly see traffic police on the opposite direction as well,that is an  indication that they are either "somewhere " else or they are under staff.  

And one more point, i do see traffic police overtaking me occasionally, and in fact most of them are travelling at higher speed than me. But I hardly see them, I see more ambulance overtaking me than TP. 

Edited by Ct3833

i-see-dumb-people-all-the-time-walking-a

These people always think its never their fault.

In their minds its YOUR fault and that's why they are so angry.

They really think they are the victims of your stupid and dangerous driving.

People really fool themselves.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 4

from roads.sg

Road accident at the junction of Bedok Reservoir Road and Jln Lembah Bedok @ 6 Oct 2018 around 7.10pm.

An elderly pedestrian seems visually impaired as he seems to be using a walking stick. The van driver did not notice the pedestrian until it was too late and tried to swerve and brake but still resulting in hitting the pedestrian.

Wishing a speedy and full recovery to the pedestrian

https://www.facebook.com/Roads.sg/videos/2082238488772282/

He might be using a walking stick but he was walking quite fast, he should have waited for red light to cross the road.  If he has difficulties walking , as a result the traffic light change from his favor to green, then it is a different story. 

↡ Advertisement