Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VI

RadX

I gotta wonder what speed was he going for the car to end up at that angle to hit the tree broadside and transfer so much kinetic energy to wrap the car around a tree though - after mowing down some barricades, although at that location the barricades are lightweight aluminium meant to deter jaywalking not heavy duty guardrails.

That fence kanna replace many times

2 lives aldy . Last time a China jaywalker

Now this. Further down is hume whr japs massacre m further down is the railroad bridge whr ppl hung themselves

Looks like that road is extending its dirty path

Drive safe... perfect road to recruit more

That stretch has a slight bend

May hv clipped the kerb at a medium speed of abt 80

• Praise 3

PHV again. Can say goodbye to his Kopi license

Vehicle Particulars

Vehicle No.
SLH3506D
Under Private Hire Scheme
Yes
Vehicle Make
HONDA
Decal No.
A035539
Please note:
The information contained herein is correct as at 09 Oct 2018 / 16:46.

This accident should be at the Junction of Punggol Road & Punggol Field

Left side look like PRIVE Condo

=============== 

SLH3506D making an illegal turn causing this accident

https://www.facebook.com/Roads.sg/videos/2186791448244673/?t=15

Jialat, how this guy get his license? 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Now this. Further down is hume whr japs massacre m further down is the railroad bridge whr ppl hung themselves

_73560406_bomohaircraft.jpg

Use that road very often because of where I stay, late at night I go slow cos I've experienced unexplainable things happening before

• Praise 3

Update on the passenger opening the rear right door and hitting the taxi driving past.

On Friday, 05th October 2018, 8am, my dad was driving a male Indian passenger and a Chinese female passenger (They got on the JustGrab together) from Blk 925 Tampines St 91 to Raffles City Tower drop off point.

When alighting, the male passenger opened the right rear door without looking outside, and collided with a passing taxi.

My dad tried to get the passenger's particulars for payment, but the passenger brushed my dad off, claiming that he can look for Grab should he need to claim money from the passenger.

As it turns out, he was lying and Grab could only provide a first name and phone number. (His name was Anand)

My dad tried calling and texting Anand but his number got blocked after the first call.

Anand also did not respond to Grab's phone calls, and the only thing Grab could do was to suspend Anand's account.

My dad did not manage to get Anand's NRIC as the he was 'rushing off'and claimed Grab will help to take responsibility, and now he's no where to be found with nary a shred of responsibility taken.

The repair costs for my dad's personal car is already $1100, with the claims from the cab company yet to come.

A police report has already been filed, and I will appreciate it if anyone has more information on Anand and his female companion, as my family has not been able to contact him at all.

Please contact me if you have more info, and share this post with your friends. Thank you!

• Praise 8

PHV again. Can say goodbye to his Kopi license

Vehicle Particulars

Vehicle No.
SLH3506D
Under Private Hire Scheme
Yes
Vehicle Make
HONDA
Decal No.
A035539
Please note:
The information contained herein is correct as at 09 Oct 2018 / 16:46.

This accident should be at the Junction of Punggol Road & Punggol Field

Left side look like PRIVE Condo

=============== 

SLH3506D making an illegal turn causing this accident

What a FAGGOT! Deserves to be off the road! 

• Praise 2

Update on the passenger opening the rear right door and hitting the taxi driving past.

On Friday, 05th October 2018, 8am, my dad was driving a male Indian passenger and a Chinese female passenger (They got on the JustGrab together) from Blk 925 Tampines St 91 to Raffles City Tower drop off point.

When alighting, the male passenger opened the right rear door without looking outside, and collided with a passing taxi.

My dad tried to get the passenger's particulars for payment, but the passenger brushed my dad off, claiming that he can look for Grab should he need to claim money from the passenger.

As it turns out, he was lying and Grab could only provide a first name and phone number. (His name was Anand)

My dad tried calling and texting Anand but his number got blocked after the first call.

Anand also did not respond to Grab's phone calls, and the only thing Grab could do was to suspend Anand's account.

My dad did not manage to get Anand's NRIC as the he was 'rushing off'and claimed Grab will help to take responsibility, and now he's no where to be found with nary a shred of responsibility taken.

The repair costs for my dad's personal car is already $1100, with the claims from the cab company yet to come.

A police report has already been filed, and I will appreciate it if anyone has more information on Anand and his female companion, as my family has not been able to contact him at all.

Please contact me if you have more info, and share this post with your friends. Thank you!

Well,this Accident could be avoid if the PHV stopped closer to the Kerb,and the PHV Driver should tell Passengers to wait & make sure it is clear before alighting...

• Praise 6

Well,this Accident could be avoid if the PHV stopped closer to the Kerb,and the PHV Driver should tell Passengers to wait & make sure it is clear before alighting...

I would assume that PHV guy should be around 40 year old or above, why could one become so noob and inconsiderate the moment he becomes a PHV driver?

My point is, if he fetch his family members isntead, he would have kept to the left most lane when stopping, he would have also cautioned his family members not to open the door until traffic is clear, but when one becomes a PHV driver, he just can't be bothered with all these ?

• Praise 5

I would assume that PHV guy should be around 40 year old or above, why could one become so noob and inconsiderate the moment he becomes a PHV driver?

My point is, if he fetch his family members isntead, he would have kept to the left most lane when stopping, he would have also cautioned his family members not to open the door until traffic is clear, but when one becomes a PHV driver, he just can't be bothered with all these ?

However the car is the personal car of this driver.

Many jokers thought they drive King Kong lorry

So, the passenger takes responsibility for accidents?

1. PHV Driver never stopped the car correctly

2. Most probably driver would not have cautioned the passenger to look out for cars while opening

3. What is expected from passenger is 1100$+at least 10K claim from taxi showing all repairs including loss of pay, back pain, neck pain blah blah.

If that passenger had this type of money to pay, he himself would have owned a car!

• Praise 1

2. Most probably driver would not have cautioned the passenger to look out for cars while opening

3. What is expected from passenger is 1100$+at least 10K claim from taxi showing all repairs including loss of pay, back pain, neck pain blah blah.

If that passenger had this type of money to pay, he himself would have owned a car!

Think PHV driver eventually LLST.. I am surprise at the low $1100 for own repair.. B pillar no damage?

Those who drive Grabhitch such incident should be a wake up call.. just for the mere $8 or so kenna this be damn suay..

Got a test case already:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/cab-passenger-pays-part-of-the-bill-for-damage-in-crash

Test case raises questions about liability of cab passenger: Lawyer

Open the rear door of a cab to alight and it hits another vehicle, and you may have to pay for the damage.

A passenger who got out of a cab in a mall lobby driveway will do just that in a test case settled in the State Courts on Monday between all three parties involved.

In the case, Ms Amanda Tng, 29, had boarded the cab in Killiney Road on April 24, 2014, and was bound for The Furniture Mall in Toh Guan Road.

After cab driver Zailani Hassan, 51, pulled up outside the recessed drop-off point at the mall's driveway lobby, she opened the door on the right side to get out, not realising a car was passing at that moment.

RAISING AWARENESS

I hope this case will alert the authorities and members of the public on a matter which may have been overlooked.

MR TNG KIM CHOON, the lawyer for cab passenger Amanda Tng.

The collision dislodged the taxi door and left the other car badly damaged with deep scratches and a dent down its entire left side.

Travex, the company which owned the damaged car, sued Mr Zailani through its lawyer Ling Leong Hui for negligence.

His insurers, in turn, represented by lawyer Anthony Wee, named Ms Tng as a third party in the case, seeking to hold her liable for contributory damage payable.

Ms Tng denied the claims in court papers filed, pointing out she did not open the door suddenly and the Travex driver should have seen the cab as he was pulling into the driveway.

All parties appeared before District Judge Koh Juay Kherng on Monday, who is understood to have urged them to arrive at a consensus among themselves.

The three parties agreed to each take some of the blame, with Travex accepting 50 per cent of it. This halved the bill for damage, to be shared between Mr Zailani and Ms Tng, who bore 30 per cent of it.

Her lawyer Tng Kim Choon said the cost of repair was agreed at $5,900 which meant Ms Tng's contribution was about $2,000. He said the legal costs to the Travex driver and the cab driver added another $3,000, which meant her overall payout totalled $5,000.

He said yesterday: "I hope this case will alert the authorities and members of the public on a matter which may have been overlooked."

He noted there was case law holding a passenger liable if he were to alight at a traffic junction and cause injury to a third party and the taxi driver was caught unawares.

But Mr Tng said that the past case law had "nothing similar" to that of his client who was held liable, even though the taxi driver had not used the designated passenger drop-off point.

She had to pay almost $5,000 as her contribution for the repair and for legal costs even though there was no trial. "Had this case proceeded to trial, I would have taken it on appeal on a point of public interest whatever the outcome," he noted.

He explained the issue was whether a cab driver owed a duty of care to his passenger to ensure not only the latter's safety but also that the passenger is not liable as a third party for damage to the taxi and the plaintiff's car in a collision.

• Praise 4

There are multiple factors here, and it's not 100% attributable to a single person.

But I have seen my own family or friends who simply open the door of the car without checking. Especially those who do not own a car or drive. Simply clueless..

• Praise 3

There are multiple factors here, and it's not 100% attributable to a single person.

But I have seen my own family or friends who simply open the door of the car without checking. Especially those who do not own a car or drive. Simply clueless..

Its not clueless. Its called "not my property, da fug should I bother". [laugh]
  • Praise 7