Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VI

RadX

And how many really know how to protect themselves without inconveniencing others?

Some of the cyclists rather put ego above their own protection. 

ENTITLEMENT!

I'm not trying to prove a point. I have been cycling on the roads regularly for the past 12 years. By taking the lane when there is a dangerous driver, I get alot more space to avoid an accident if they try to be reckless. The 2 hit-and-run accidents I had this year, both times, I was not paying attention and did not notice they were going to try to overtake without changing lanes thus I gave them the opportunity to overtake so close that they grazed my elbow. Both times, my elbow had some bruising. That's why I still feel that it is safer to take the lane when there is an incompetent driver behind me rather than moving left and giving myself even less space.

For the 2 hit-and-run cases. I know the outcome was they were charged with dangerous driving. Because those 2 were considered accidents, TP will update with the offence they were charged with. 24 demerit points still can drive right? Just that no more points left to deduct. The others that only overtook closely I don't know the outcome. TP will only reply action has been taken. But one of the IOs ever told me that for those that did not result in accident, they can choose to charge with inconsiderate or reckless. Or in some cases, no reply at all. I do know some get charged for reckless driving as I have had to go to court a few times to testify this year. 

For the big trucks, the same thing applies. I move to take the whole lane since it is even more unlikely they can even overtake a cyclist safely without changing lanes given their width. Anyway, taking the whole lane means I got more space and I can see traffic on the next lane if I need to take evasive action. But so far, heavy vehicles actually give me less problems on the roads than other cars. Its usually the cars that overtake really closely. Heavy vehicles and buses usually give very large gap when overtaking.

Cycling on the road is dangerous if you don't know how to protect yourself. 

I hope you read up the bicycle rules, and no more encounters with any vehicles!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

ENTITLEMENT!

I hope you read up the bicycle rules, and no more encounters with any vehicles!

It's getting less common already at least on my route. Even the few whom used to overtake me very closely now change to the next lane before overtaking. People are learning. There are lesser idiots on the roads nowadays. Most know the rules now.

It's getting less common already at least on my route. Even the few whom used to overtake me very closely now change to the next lane before overtaking. People are learning. There are lesser idiots on the roads nowadays. Most know the rules now.

But does that apply to the general cycling populace?

Edited by Othello

Twincharged

But does that apply to the general cycling populace?

Not sure. But I do encounter less cyclists on my usual route that run the red lights. Nowadays, I encounter more drivers who run red lights instead and see more videos of reckless drivers than cyclists. But I guess more people hate cyclists.

Good luck.

• Praise 1

copied from roads.sg:

happened along Woodlands Avenue 2. NParks or their contractor was pruning trees

https://www.facebook.com/Roads.sg/videos/2187063338208700/

Jialat liao

Two Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers have been removed from operational duties pending a police investigation after they engaged in a physical altercation with a truck driver near Woodlands Checkpoint, ICA said happened on Dec 21 Friday at 4.40pm.

In the video, the officers can be seen standing over a man, who is sitting on a grass patch next to a road and hitting him several times on various parts of his body.

https://www.facebook.com/Roads.sg/videos/1085307918317001/

In this day and age where cameras are everywhere, you have to be careful if you are in uniform..

The cameras may not help us catch thieves or people who scratch your car, but they will not be kind to our men in uniform..

Even when I was really tired, whenever I wore my uniform, I never used to sit in the trains. Stomp is a strange animal...

In this day and age where cameras are everywhere, you have to be careful if you are in uniform..

The cameras may not help us catch thieves or people who scratch your car, but they will not be kind to our men in uniform..

Even when I was really tired, whenever I wore my uniform, I never used to sit in the trains. Stomp is a strange animal...

They do catch people who scratch your car.

But it's not a criminal case it's a civil case.

Edited by Neutrino
  • Praise 1

Animal lover...  [nod]

Hope she called ACRES after that. 

i also animal  lover, i love lamb, pig and chicken, last time i love turtle also. But i didnt anyhow catch them from the road lah.   [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Ct3833

i also animal lover, i love lamb, pig and chicken, last time i love turtle also. But i didnt anyhow catch them from the road lah. [laugh][laugh]

I ever saw a boy wearing a t-shirt:

I LOVE ANIMALS

THEY TASTE GOOD

Haha, are you the father of that boy?

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

That’s why I said I hope she called ACRES. They will heal her.

I saved a pigeon once on a grass patch and I called ACRES. They came after a while and healed her. They told me probably some residents complained and the authorities came to put poison for the birds. ACRES then came and saved her....ironic isn’t it?

attachicon.gif25358942-3BED-447D-9C20-3870DDCB71C8.jpegattachicon.gif236291AF-2433-4A48-AB7F-7B4B27854A58.jpegattachicon.gifBCA0B0BC-3ECB-4E96-8C50-330E8C76DE00.jpeg

Actually pigeons are very fast breeding and considered pests.....

Maybe you should spend your attention on more rare birds

Actually pigeons are very fast breeding and considered pests.....

Maybe you should spend your attention on more rare birds

Sure, if I ever get to see them lying on the grass patch below my block. Edited by Fcw75