Bridgestone Potenza S007a

Bonafidestack

Turbocharged

sometime the Noise is from road not tire

Many factors when comes to cabin noise generated by the tyres from the road. 

1) type of tyre - usually low profile good tyres are noisier. (want quiet go swap with attrage slim tyres)

2) age of tyre - as the tyre age, it gets noisier. everytime i changed to a brand new tyre, its ALWAYS quieter even same brand same model same size. 

3) road surface - as mentioned by others.

My 5 cents.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

For me, F1A3 still the best.

Although currently on CPC6 due to no suitable tyre size for F1A3 for current ride (crossover). CPC6 also performing very well (better than i expected).

Kinda agreed with your statement.

GY F1A3 is one of the best all rounder with dry grip on par with PS4, CSC6.

It's not noisy, and the dry grip is good till the end of life.

It only had run flat for my size and so i went with PS4/PS4S, personally, i don't find big difference in performance in them except the michelins being noticeably noisier.

For CSC6, i think it may be a tad quieter than GY, but not much diff. The thread life seems to be the shortest among the 3.

I've used F1A1, F1A2, F1A3.. great value tyres. Time to change tyres. Heard F1A5 or F1 Supersports are coming starting Feb 2019...

Kinda agreed with your statement.

GY F1A3 is one of the best all rounder with dry grip on par with PS4, CSC6.

It's not noisy, and the dry grip is good till the end of life.

It only had run flat for my size and so i went with PS4/PS4S, personally, i don't find big difference in performance in them except the michelins being noticeably noisier.

For CSC6, i think it may be a tad quieter than GY, but not much diff. The thread life seems to be the shortest among the 3.

I've used F1A1, F1A2, F1A3.. great value tyres. Time to change tyres. Heard F1A5 or F1 Supersports are coming starting Feb 2019...

Changing my tyre around may. Hopefully f1a5 is here by then.

Actually most of us won't push the tyre to its limits. If ps4s and f1a3 can offer similar qualities, i will pick the cheaper option.

Im sure the fat boy is more exp

Changing my tyre around may. Hopefully f1a5 is here by then.

Actually most of us won't push the tyre to its limits. If ps4s and f1a3 can offer similar qualities, i will pick the cheaper option.

Im sure the fat boy is more exp

Quite Agreed with you

Like owning a Car your Primary purpose is to drive from Point X to Y

Why should I buy a car give higher Horsepower and luxury look .

But if one can afford extra money you can pay for extra safety features.

For tires we may think is how fast we drive(some will say I dont drive fast)

I personally believe 1 new topic is how fast can my tires stop My car ?

Braking distances is very critical when come to E Braking.

Edited by Roberttan

Quite Agreed with you

Like owning a Car your Primary purpose is to drive from Point X to Y

Why should I buy a car give higher Horsepower and luxury look .

But if one can afford extra money you can pay for extra safety features.

For tires we may think is how fast we drive(some will say I dont drive fast)

I personally believe 1 new topic is how fast can my tires stop My car ?

Braking distances is very critical when come to E Braking.

Haha. Quite hard to try. Or rather i dont want to be in a situation which i need to try the braking distance

Twincharged

tires and brakes are the 2 stuff that I rather not compromised.

But based on prices and user experience of F1A3, the tires is quite bang for the dollar in both wet and dry. So no compromised there.

tires and brakes are the 2 stuff that I rather not compromised.

But based on prices and user experience of F1A3, the tires is quite bang for the dollar in both wet and dry. So no compromised there.

do you mean regular servicing of brake pad and fluid or changing to bbk?

actually does bigger caliper and disc helps in braking? i know they help in heat dissipation. Not so sure about stopping the car

Twincharged

do you mean regular servicing of brake pad and fluid or changing to bbk?

actually does bigger caliper and disc helps in braking? i know they help in heat dissipation. Not so sure about stopping the car

The brakes for the VW range has what we call OEM+ upgrade.

The generic Brakes use for the Golf or even the GTi can be upgraded to a GolfR . Its like plug and Play. Only thing is need minimum 18in to clear.

Best part is, it not that expensive to change

The brakes for the VW range has what we call OEM+ upgrade.

The generic Brakes use for the Golf or even the GTi can be upgraded to a GolfR . Its like plug and Play. Only thing is need minimum 18in to clear.

Best part is, it not that expensive to change

change rim, change new s007a tyre and add bbk hahahah

comes as a package!

Looking for the same tyre.. Any feedback on the wear rate and tyre noise ? TIA

Using 225/45/18 S007A now, mileage is 16k. As compared to ps4 n gy3 I used previously on the same car, the noise is between ps4 n gy3. I find Ps4 the noisest. Dry is fantastic, above the other 2 but Wet braking should be same as gy3. In term of comfort, the side wall should be hardest of all. Wear rate should be same as ps4, 30k km there about.

• Praise 2

Using 225/45/18 S007A now, mileage is 16k. As compared to ps4 n gy3 I used previously on the same car, the noise is between ps4 n gy3. I find Ps4 the noisest. Dry is fantastic, above the other 2 but Wet braking should be same as gy3. In term of comfort, the side wall should be hardest of all. Wear rate should be same as ps4, 30k km there about.

ya. the very hard to find other model sidewall as hard as potenza

Internal Moderator

Tyrereviews have excellent feedback for the S007A.

post-137774-0-45959600-1559014453_thumb.png

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Bridgestone/Potenza-S007A.htm

I personally also have fitted the S007A on my car. I like the dry handling and wet handling as well. It outperforms my expectation for wet driving.

The only complaints I might have is the wear is rapid. I run about 8000 on the tyres from the day I fitted. I think it will only last around 25K.

But the price point vs the performance, I really give kudos to Bridgestone. I will definitely buy again. 

• Praise 2

Tyrereviews have excellent feedback for the S007A.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-05-28 at 11.32.09 AM.png

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Bridgestone/Potenza-S007A.htm

I personally also have fitted the S007A on my car. I like the dry handling and wet handling as well. It outperforms my expectation for wet driving.

The only complaints I might have is the wear is rapid. I run about 8000 on the tyres from the day I fitted. I think it will only last around 25K.

But the price point vs the performance, I really give kudos to Bridgestone. I will definitely buy again. 

may i know what price and size did u get?

ya. the very hard to find other model sidewall as hard as potenza

I totally agree. Fitted on SUV and it makes the car turn harder. Hope s007a 225/45/17 can last longer.

Last time on turanza, outer side cracks and peel off. cannot withstand hard cornering. changed at 25k as well.

• Praise 1

I totally agree. Fitted on SUV and it makes the car turn harder. Hope s007a 225/45/17 can last longer.

Last time on turanza, outer side cracks and peel off. cannot withstand hard cornering. changed at 25k as well.

turanza have many fine grooves in order to have lower sound.

but if u can corner until the block peel off, i think u corner very hard [sly] .

u definitely need high performance tyres with thick blocks.

but if its the tyres side wall crack , high chance u never pump enough air regularly.

if conti suv u can pump higher to 36psi ++ no worry.

Compare this with RE003 which one better?

confirm plus chop S007A  is higher end,

(all make in japan)

its the flagship model for bridgestone, orginal tyres even for some ferrari 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1