Bridgestone Potenza S007a

Bonafidestack

turanza have many fine grooves in order to have lower sound.

but if u can corner until the block peel off, i think u corner very hard [sly] .

u definitely need high performance tyres with thick blocks.

but if its the tyres side wall crack , high chance u never pump enough air regularly.

if conti suv u can pump higher to 36psi ++ no worry.

confirm plus chop S007A is higher end,

(all make in japan)

its the flagship model for bridgestone, orginal tyres even for some ferrari

yes. I love to corner at high speed until screeching sound is heard. And I know the tyres reached its limit. The tyre air pressure lowest it get is around 240. Not so bad.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

S007A is better. But if you are a thread pattern person, RE003 have a more aggressive thread pattern. 

Compare this with RE003 which one better?

yes. I love to corner at high speed until screeching sound is heard. And I know the tyres reached its limit. The tyre air pressure lowest it get is around 240. Not so bad.

Wah bro, did you ever skid/slide abit before? if you can hear screeching sound, i think is over 1G already. I never dare to do that before because my dad always remind me (when younger days) that heavy vehicles may leak diesel in the corners due to their cap not tighten. I've since have no confidence to hard cornering even in PSS.  [:p]

(edited)

If kup corner tyre no screech, you need to try harder.

Hahhahh...... Oooooooopppooo

Edited by Hamburger

Wah bro, did you ever skid/slide abit before? if you can hear screeching sound, i think is over 1G already. I never dare to do that before because my dad always remind me (when younger days) that heavy vehicles may leak diesel in the corners due to their cap not tighten. I've since have no confidence to hard cornering even in PSS. [:p]

of course if really encounter tail fish out, must know how to recover quickly. Previously on PSS, aquaplane but recover with traction control. If no confidence, dont ever try. You have to understand your vehicle limitation and road awareness. Must really lookout for poor drivers on the road. It's all based on your driving experiences.

of course if really encounter tail fish out, must know how to recover quickly. Previously on PSS, aquaplane but recover with traction control. If no confidence, dont ever try. You have to understand your vehicle limitation and road awareness. Must really lookout for poor drivers on the road. It's all based on your driving experiences.

haha. I no confidence of the road, not my vehicle. more importantly i don't have the pocket for any misjudged. Stayed in the west, so always see drivers testing their luck got into trouble.  [laugh]

haha. I no confidence of the road, not my vehicle. more importantly i don't have the pocket for any misjudged. Stayed in the west, so always see drivers testing their luck got into trouble. [laugh]

Don't skimp on car maintenance. Service on time. Change tyre and brake pad on time. These 2 items are most important that can safe your life in emergency.

Really one of the best in this class of tyre - Max Performance / UHP. Compares well against PS4. IMO this is more dry handling and more performance oriented whereas PS4 is slightly better in wet.

just switched to this tyre....suddenly a lot of feedback from the steering wheel while driving

my previous tyre must be very comfort based....more for touring i guess

😅

I tried CSC5, PS3, PS4, Assy 1 & 3 and the current set of S007A is coming to 30k km. On the similar car, I used Assy 3 and PS4. Car weighs about 1.3 ton so all these tires generally lasted me about 30K km except for assy 3 about 40k km before workshop advise to change.

My next set of tires will be still S007A, why? This tyres have very good feedback, the dry is very good, wet probably will lose to PS4 slightly but i don't drive fast on wet so still ok for me. Surprisingly S007A is much quieter than the rest at 30K km, not sure if is hearing not so good when age is catching up..lol. Side wall hardness about same as PS4 or maybe slightly harder..In term of pricing should be cheaper than PS4 and $20 more than Assy 5 now.. Anyway if you are looking for a sports tire, you can consider this..

• Praise 1

On 8/30/2019 at 7:22 AM, Maddriver said:

I tried CSC5, PS3, PS4, Assy 1 & 3 and the current set of S007A is coming to 30k km. On the similar car, I used Assy 3 and PS4. Car weighs about 1.3 ton so all these tires generally lasted me about 30K km except for assy 3 about 40k km before workshop advise to change.

My next set of tires will be still S007A, why? This tyres have very good feedback, the dry is very good, wet probably will lose to PS4 slightly but i don't drive fast on wet so still ok for me. Surprisingly S007A is much quieter than the rest at 30K km, not sure if is hearing not so good when age is catching up..lol. Side wall hardness about same as PS4 or maybe slightly harder..In term of pricing should be cheaper than PS4 and $20 more than Assy 5 now.. Anyway if you are looking for a sports tire, you can consider this..

How's the tyres coping compared to when new; any significant drop in areas such as wet grip, noise etc?

I'm currently on CSC6 and looking at replacement tyres soon, and S007A is on my shortlist along with the old P-Zeroes. CSC6 are wearing way too fast though they are really grippy!

15 hours ago, STiYaKuzA said:

How's the tyres coping compared to when new; any significant drop in areas such as wet grip, noise etc?

I'm currently on CSC6 and looking at replacement tyres soon, and S007A is on my shortlist along with the old P-Zeroes. CSC6 are wearing way too fast though they are really grippy!

s007a I think their price is Quite cheap compared with Michelin ps4s , Pirelli New P zero PZ4 ,do share with us your Tire size if possible.

On 9/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, Roberttan said:

s007a I think their price is Quite cheap compared with Michelin ps4s , Pirelli New P zero PZ4 ,do share with us your Tire size if possible.

Yep I've done the comparison and S007A is indeed cheaper than the top dogs like PS4S and CSC6; looking at reviews also S007A seems to be a slight step down from the latter 2 tyres so it seems reasonable.

PZ4 are not available in my tyre size (245/40R19 front, 275/35R19 rear) yet though I'd be happy to try them once available.

I'm more concerned with the performance of the tyres dropping off say like after 10k of use so that's an impt factor to consider.. Currently my CSC6 has the same dry grip performance but the wet seems to have suffered a slight bit due to the fast thread wear.

21 hours ago, STiYaKuzA said:

Yep I've done the comparison and S007A is indeed cheaper than the top dogs like PS4S and CSC6; looking at reviews also S007A seems to be a slight step down from the latter 2 tyres so it seems reasonable.

PZ4 are not available in my tyre size (245/40R19 front, 275/35R19 rear) yet though I'd be happy to try them once available.

I'm more concerned with the performance of the tyres dropping off say like after 10k of use so that's an impt factor to consider.. Currently my CSC6 has the same dry grip performance but the wet seems to have suffered a slight bit due to the fast thread wear.

thanks for your Sharing,

I am looking forward to try the PZ4 on my ride soon , (last used is the Pzero which gave me good result. 

So I've changed to these tyres and driven around 5k on them, and thought of giving a brief review.

Coming from CSC6 previously, I expected a rather huge step down in performance, but I was wrong. These tyres grip around 90% of the CSC6 in the dry, but I feel the compound is harder which gives a slightly stiffer ride and makes the TCS kick in earlier. In the wet the I feel the performance gap is greater but under normal driving it's negligible. Steering feel I prefer S007A as it somehow feels more precise. But in my opinion the original tyres, SP Sportmaxx GT had the best feedback. Grip wise not so though..

Road noise when new the S007A were considerably quieter than CSC6, now they are almost the same level with the former having a slight advantage which is still acceptable.

Treadwear definitely will last longer than the CSC6 which I switched around 15k; I expect around 20-25k with these. Sportmaxx GT was around 20k when they got pretty slippery in the wet.

Some photos:

o7uymKd.jpg

bQjWxze.jpg

Vn3FKoB.jpg

IXnmfmi.jpg

yW0bOrh.jpg

xkbmKfs.jpg

XHUaK8w.jpg

Most recent wear pic:

fBnVZpv.jpg

• Praise 2

Supercharged

I changed the tires today, from Turanza T005A to Potenza S007A

initial impression is stiffer side wall and higher tire noise (new vs 53k km)

potenza.jpg

Edited by Phang
  • Praise 1

This is the tyres I wanted but no stock for my size. So I went for yoko v701. Previously on Michelins. 

next change sure try this. 

Edited by Scholesy
↡ Advertisement