My Wish Came Through (haha)

Heartlander

haha. interior ages better but everything in the engine bay ages faster.

One common issue with conti interior is the headliner sagging and some plastic deterioration around the door handles (BMW)

the FC is about 14 + Km/L

very good at pick up(B200) however i find the suspension very hard. Go have a test drive. 

The back seat passenger can have the feel of seating in aeroplane as I comes with meal tray.

haha

Personally, I find the rear seats thigh support for the B class insufficient.  Means part of my leg nearer to the knee cap feels like hanging in mid air.  The angle of the seats also not too comfy.  This also evident in the C Class and GLC.  However, there is an extension piece for thigh support at driver's seat which is very good to have.  Best feature is the gear stick which I think saves some space near the center console / tunnel. Overall feels quieter than my Passat. 

@heartlander, Congrats on the 2 new purchases!

I think you have been bitten by the conti bug. :D

Once you have tasted conti, it is hard to go back.

I recently changed my wife's saab 9-3 combi to a mini. The search process was daunting as I had to rule out various jap/korean small cars candidates. The ride, drive and build quality is just different.

Just want to highlight one point so that others considering the same route can be aware: from 1 large car to 2 smaller cars, have to have one car insurance starting from zero. It's a painful process but not too bad if you are above 40 as that seem to be the magical number that insurance premium takes a dip.

Depends on tasting which conti. French and Italians can give you some grief.

Personally, I find the rear seats thigh support for the B class insufficient. Means part of my leg nearer to the knee cap feels like hanging in mid air. The angle of the seats also not too comfy. This also evident in the C Class and GLC. However, there is an extension piece for thigh support at driver's seat which is very good to have. Best feature is the gear stick which I think saves some space near the center console / tunnel. Overall feels quieter than my Passat.

Yeah the w205 rear seats suck. No under thigh support. The older models are better

Personally, I find the rear seats thigh support for the B class insufficient.  Means part of my leg nearer to the knee cap feels like hanging in mid air.  The angle of the seats also not too comfy.  This also evident in the C Class and GLC.  However, there is an extension piece for thigh support at driver's seat which is very good to have.  Best feature is the gear stick which I think saves some space near the center console / tunnel. Overall feels quieter than my Passat. 

This to me is the worst as I have toggled the gear to neutral a few times already while driving while trying to to do signaling. Good thing nothing happen to the car. Don't know what will happen if I toggle the stick harder such that it engages the reverse gear haha.

This to me is the worst as I have toggled the gear to neutral a few times already while driving while trying to to do signaling. Good thing nothing happen to the car. Don't know what will happen if I toggle the stick harder such that it engages the reverse gear haha.

User issue?

Signal stalk on the left mah.... have to get used to it. Hahaha...

You will get used to it very soon. :D

Last time I am driving a lexus and the second car was a conti.....imagine how often I turn on the wiper (instead of the signal) when I take over the conti during weekends.... :D

Now my daily driver is a merc with steering mounted gear shifter like yours......the second car is a mini with traditional center console gear shifter.....imagine how many times I reach for the wiper stalk when I want to reverse or park.....and a couple of times forgot to pull parking brake because the Merc did not have a parking brake lever. [:p]

101%!

What to do? I am a human after all, so will have muscle memory after driving jap/kor cars as well as conti car with normal gear stick.

You will get used to it very soon. :D

Last time I am driving a lexus and the second car was a conti.....imagine how often I turn on the wiper (instead of the signal) when I take over the conti during weekends.... :D

Now my daily driver is a merc with steering mounted gear shifter like yours......the second car is a mini with traditional center console gear shifter.....imagine how many times I reach for the wiper stalk when I want to reverse or park.....and a couple of times forgot to pull parking brake because the Merc did not have a parking brake lever. [:p]

Precisely the adjustment to be made! and frankly the space saved is not that much to begin with haha. 

Actually my wife got hers while I was still on the lookout for my ride. Back then everything was still abit fluid. My wife actually wanted a new Jazz/Fit or a 2 year old Vitara, but after driving for a few days adamant that we get another B180 partly because she like it a lot and also partly because of this gear stick thingy. She thought it is dangerous to toggle the wrong stick while driving, which I agreed as it happened a few times back then, so better to have 2 of the same to minimise this occurances. So it is a win-win kind of decision.

Just curious, have you ever toggle too much while driving that it went beyond Neutral gear that the Reverse gear was engaged instead? I am not sure if there is safety design built in that prevent gear stick from being toggled from Drive to Reverse directly. Not dare to try haha.

Signal stalk on the left mah.... have to get used to it. Hahaha...

How about if need to activate wiper? Muscle memory will auto dictate you to toggle the right stick haha.

Nice read!

For $11K annual depreciation (B180), you could also have gotten a brand new Subaru Forester at $91K, or $8.3K annual depreciation.

Tink he mentioned b4 somewhere he undergoing MLC n wanted a badge....lol

Nice read!

For $11K annual depreciation (B180), you could also have gotten a brand new Subaru Forester at $91K, or $8.3K annual depreciation.

But it will be abit boring compare to this B180, not to mention the badge appeal. Interior quality also loses out, as well as all the bells and whistles which sure are ALOT compare to the standard jap ride. And also my objective had been to get 2 small rides. FNA is not that small and come with a 2L engine that is not great for FC.

Frankly I will I made the right choice every time I am in the car cruising down the expressway. The solid feel of the car that imparts this sense of security is something that even my previous Vellfire cannot provide. The drive is also miles better. Right now the only let down is the lack of keyless entry that bugs me as I have to press the keyfob to unlock the car. Really troublesome. But give and take as there is no perfect car for everyone. If it ticks most of the major boxes, good enough.

↡ Advertisement