Bus lanes should be abolished from 5pm to 8pm

Hyruga

Bus lanes should be abolished from 5pm to 8pm.

Reasons

1) It jammed up the other lanes as we are forced to drive with one fewer lane.

2) The bus lanes are under utilized by buses anyway. Or at least allow some other vehicles like vans carrying goods or trucks to drive on bus lanes.

3) Due to different work nature and conditions now, there are people who finish work at 1pm to 4pm. There are also many people who ends work late: 8pm to midnight so bus lanes from 5pm to 8pm is kind of redundant now.

Edited by Hyruga
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Reasons

2) The bus lanes are under utilized by buses anyway. Maybe some other vehicles like vans carrying goods or trucks can be allowed to drive on bus lanes.

3) Due to different work nature and conditions now, there are people who finish work at 1pm to 4pm. There are also many people who ends work late: 8pm to midnight so bus lanes from 5pm to 8pm is kind of redundant now.

They wont abolish one lah... Look at bukit panjiang.... From upper bt timah all the way to clementi... The bus lane under utilised and the other few lanes every day jam... Some more got erp near hill view there..how not to get jam
  • Praise 2

You said all these, I presume you drive. Didn't you forget how frustrating when you waited for bus when you were rushing for time?

Come on lah, give and take. There is a reason for everything. We are not the first country which has Bus Lane.

• Praise 20

With our congested roads, sometimes i wonder they actually try driving on our roads themselves. When you have to turn left and the whole stretch is bus lane with heavy traffic, you got to cut infront of the bus right at the junction.

That's exactly the reason for bus lanes ...

Entitied much

You said all these, I presume you drive. Didn't you forget how frustrating when you waited for bus when you were rushing for time?

Come on lah, give and take. There is a reason for everything. We are not the first country which has Bus Lane.

Well said

Hope they increase the times or make it 12 hr days

• Praise 2

Entitied much

No choice... too many such people who think that paying for an expensive car give them the entitlement.

• Praise 3

I am OK with bus lanes. In fact, I love knowing the exact timings and using it as a "private" undertaking lane since so many other road users are wary of even touching the lanes.[laugh]

What I think they should change is the way the dotted lines are drawn - they're often too short and the way they abruptly alternate between dotted and a full line almost seems like they want to entrap drivers into an offence. Let's face it, Singaporeans are not exactly courteous on the roads, so this design either forces people to break the law or basically hold up traffic trying to merge. 

• Praise 11

Reasons

2) The bus lanes are under utilized by buses anyway. Or at least allow some other vehicles like vans carrying goods or trucks to drive on bus lanes.

Thats the purpose ... to jam up the road . So you have to pay high ERP . Else how they justify there are jams everywhere. Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 7

one bus can take how many ppl? One car can take how many ppl? 

Want to use bus lane? 

Buy a BUS lah!!!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5