Creative's SXFI Amp

Jman888

To me audio is like wine, everyone has a specific taste and the 'best wine' is unique to every individual... i'm very tempted to get this amp but hard for me to put down the money without any testing. Guess i will wait for this to launch and hopefully can test it at Adelphi...

↡ Advertisement

@Sdf4786k and another bro who sent PM to me, did you buy and did you have issues with collection/personalisation dates?

I saw that I needed the iPhone version which is SXFI AIR so did not proceed. Would u know if it’s available for ordering? Edited by Sdf4786k

I saw that I needed the iPhone version which is SXFI AIR so did not proceed. Would u know if itâs available for ordering?

Not sure but they will definitely publicise it. What I do know they are launching worldwide next month for Android one.

can PM me?

I recently bought the iroar but no kangtao for 20 off.

TIA

You can try using the referral link below, you’ll get $20 off and referer gets $20 credit:

Http://sxfi.refr.cc/Suppin

I may also be able to get the Amp + free headphone bundle for you at $199

• Dislike 1

I would say it's a neat magic trick. With the sxfi turns on, the sounds seem to come from outside the headphone. The reviews were mixed...even within the family. OC found the song better while kid found it echoey and clarity compromised. Many more qualified reviews can be found here

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/whos-waiting-buy-creative-super-x-fi-amp-6-34pm-5908001.html

Kudos to a SG company coming out with an innovative product. Hopefully it will turn into a great one soon.

post-210087-0-19001900-1540000088_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

So I downloaded the SXFI app

Turns out it's not "free". You need to unlock the processing functionality with an actual SXFI amp, or need someone's amp to do it for you.  [:|]

I would say it's a neat magic trick. With the sxfi turns on, the sounds seem to come from outside the headphone. The reviews were mixed...even within the family. OC found the song better while kid found it echoey and clarity compromised. Many more qualified reviews can be found here

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/whos-waiting-buy-creative-super-x-fi-amp-6-34pm-5908001.html

Kudos to a SG company coming out with an innovative product. Hopefully it will turn into a great one soon.

Edited by Watwheels

I think you are referring to "reverb", eg. sound bouncing of the walls in a large room. It's like a 3D surround sound effect.

Actually it's not something new. :D

If I'm not wrong Creative calls it EAX effects, you can Google it. They have it since long time ago. It's one of their trademarks.

I have one of their old model USB stick. There's the software that comes with it.

I can choose from 8 options, Amphitheater, Recital Hall, Theatre...etc. Can adjust the reverb effects or in layman terms how echoy you want it.

The reverb effect is more suitable for vocals. Think Karaoke, some of the echoy effect makes the singer sound like pro.

They are trying to do more than imo. A pocket home theater system perhaps? I would say it's good not only for vocals but the whole gamut of sounds. Genuinely impressed at the demo where they screened the house of daggers.

Problem is....the effects are not consistent over different music and movies so that's a work in progress. In fact for some songs, it is better to turn off the amp.

• Praise 1

I got this on launch.

Its crap. Does not sound like speakers to me.

Sound from outside but weird.

Crap then should not keep at home liao Edited by TangoCharlie
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

I like the whole idea they're pitching and it's cool, but right now the main thing stopping me from giving it a try is that it's meant for mobile devices and doesn't have an optical or 3.5mm input.

Can use with PC via USB, but I already have a discrete sound card. If the Super X-Fi amp had an optical or 3.5mm input, I could use it with my existing sound card in the same way I'm using their SoundBlaster E5 with it.

For the mobile device scenario... also doesn't work well for me because I use a DAP which the SXFi would not be compatible with.

• Praise 1

post-131345-0-30881900-1541140099_thumb.jpeg

Bought this over many cheaper options

Verdict...worth the extras i paid for

Connection is quick an seamless, sound is clear and loud

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1