BMW 2 Series Coupe (F22/F23)

Vratenza

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, tempted to take the plunge on the 230i.

Wondering if anyone's got advice for me, and more importantly if one should wait for the new generation of 2 series in a couple years?

I'm unsure how long more the current F22 has until the new one rolls out on SG roads (2020? 2021? even late 2019?), but it'll sure suck if i were to sink close to 200k on a new car to have it feel old in just 2 years.

Also, how about the options for the 230i now? Decent?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by spasjn

Wondering if anyone's got advice for me, and more importantly if one should wait for the new generation of 2 series in a couple years?

I'm unsure how long more the current F22 has until the new one rolls out on SG roads (2020? 2021? even late 2019?), but it'll sure suck if i were to sink close to 200k on a new car to have it feel old in just 2 years.

Thanks in advance!

To be frank, the interior already starts to look old if u compare to the new a class

To be frank, the interior already starts to look old if u compare to the new a class

2 Series is compared to C Class Couple...

Thanks in advance!

i just Booked the M240i on Nov,will collect in March....the 230i got alot of Equipments [thumbsup] ,it is a good choice,at first i want this model,but later changed my mind,because i love the 6 Cyls Engine, [thumbsup] get this current model,the replacement model will be FWD,based on the Mini,X1 & X2 chassis. [thumbsdown]

2 Series is compared to C Class Couple...

i just Booked the M240i on Nov,will collect in March....the 230i got alot of Equipments [thumbsup] ,it is a good choice,at first i want this model,but later changed my mind,because i love the 6 Cyls Engine, [thumbsup] get this current model,the replacement model will be FWD,based on the Mini,X1 & X2 chassis. [thumbsdown]

I see. What about 4 series coupe?

Oh i mean er3682 bro says 2 series is c class category. Then i wonder what is 4 series category

To me, C class coupe vs 4 series.

Merc doesn’t have equivalents to 2 series

Neutral Newbie

Took the plunge and got the 230i (thanks guys for the nudge).

Anyway been driving it for a couple weeks and I noticed an odd tapping noise when the car is idle.

[Attached mp3 but you probably need to crank up volume since phone mic was prolly crap]

And it seems to be coming from the back of the car. And while it's not super loud like engine knocking, but it certainly is very audible. Like someone taking a wooden stick and tapping on the body of the car.

The tapping noise is sometimes 1-2 secs apart, other times 2-3 secs apart. but it's always there when engine is running and car is stationary. Goes away when i rev a little, but comes back after a while. 

Any smarter folks here with wisdom to share on what this might be?

I've already reached out to PML, and awaiting their response. But be great to have some expert opinions here as well.

Thank you!

bmw230_tapping.mp3

Edited by spasjn

Anyway been driving it for a couple weeks and I noticed an odd tapping noise when the car is idle.

[Attached mp3 but you probably need to crank up volume since phone mic was prolly crap]

And it seems to be coming from the back of the car. And while it's not super loud like engine knocking, but it certainly is very audible. Like someone taking a wooden stick and tapping on the body of the car.

The tapping noise is sometimes 1-2 secs apart, other times 2-3 secs apart. but it's always there when engine is running and car is stationary. Goes away when i rev a little, but comes back after a while. 

I've already reached out to PML, and awaiting their response. But be great to have some expert opinions here as well.

Thank you!

You got a new one.?

Thank you!

din know PML sells the 230

They did sell the 228i but thats awhile back

Just came back from PML,the latest 218i,got the same Body Kit as the M240i,only came with 17" Rims,but it got Leather Seats & Sunroof. [thumbsup] [M240i no Sunroof & came with cheaper Alcartara Seats [thumbsdown] ]the 218i i-Drive also upgraded to the same as the M240i..... [bigcry]

Just came back from PML,the latest 218i,got the same Body Kit as the M240i,only came with 17" Rims,but it got Leather Seats & Sunroof. [thumbsup] [M240i no Sunroof & came with cheaper Alcartara Seats [thumbsdown] ]the 218i i-Drive also upgraded to the same as the M240i..... [bigcry]

218 msport left last 2 showroom units. One blue and another sunset orange. Price abt 17x k. Alcantara should be more ex than leather usually btw

218 msport left last 2 showroom units. One blue and another sunset orange. Price abt 17x k. Alcantara should be more ex than leather usually btw

Alcartara more expensive.?Look so cheapskate. [bigcry]  [furious]